[GUIDE] New method to install Google Mobile Services on Huawei P40 & P40 Lite

Search This thread

Winamp_zg

May 19, 2011
Zagreb
After signing in with browser and installing Google Services Framework, I get back to sign in and it's loading "Signing in...." and it's stuck here?
Any suggestions?
Huawei P40 Lite

Last edited:

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
You can't sign in with services installed, you should sign in while there is only microg installed

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Winamp_zg

May 19, 2011
Zagreb
You can't sign in with services installed, you should sign in while there is only microg installed

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I'm refereing to part in video when you open QuickShortcut - Google Account Manager - Type Emal and password - Try - Browser sign in

Do I have to wait to go to error before installing Framework (step3)?

Winamp_zg

May 19, 2011
Zagreb
This guy has new video on spanish, on both this and new metod I'm stuck at part where you go to add google account (browser sign in) and it just won't sign in. Anyone stock like me?
My phone is P40 Lite EMUI 10.0.1

Billabomb75

Sep 22, 2020
It says it isn't certified play protect, something like that. How do i fix that? I tried the android id method it didn't work. Huawei p40 lite e

Groo310

Jul 4, 2019
Nürnberg
Try this link
It is the encrypted link from bit.ly, DL works.

HaryWithTwoRs

Jan 27, 2022
you can downgrade easily the ones which don't have the anti-rollback

download firmware, extract the dload folder on some sd card or usb, attach usb otg to the phone and boot with volume up - power. Then select usb update. Worked fine

I do have it for JNY-LX1 if someone needs
I have two Huawei SuperChargers, the 22.5W and 40W. Surprisingly my P40 lite charges faster with the 22.5W than it does with the 40W charger by a lot. Could the GMS be the problem?

FYI, I installed GMS and updated to EMUI 12. I also got the adapter after the whole process so I have no reference to whether it could charge properly before everything.

HaryWithTwoRs

Jan 27, 2022
Yes, i don't have an nano SD card. I managed to get around it using a USB type-C memory stick and it worked. I am now at 10.0.1.136. GMS installed.
I have two Huawei SuperChargers, the 22.5W and 40W. Surprisingly my P40 lite charges faster with the 22.5W than it does with the 40W charger by a lot. Could the GMS be the problem?

FYI, I installed GMS and updated to EMUI 12. I also got the adapter after the whole process so I have no reference to whether it could charge properly before everything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [GUIDE] New method to install Google Mobile Services on Huawei P40 & P40 Lite

Hi guys!!!

I'm thrilled to report that I just found this new way to get Google Mobile Services to work on Huawei and Honor devices that don't have them.

It's totally working [today is 20 june 2020] and it SOLVES the new problem that doesn't let the users sign-in to their Google accounts at the time of the installation.

Everything is very detailed and shown step-by-step on the following video...

Please be sure to download the .zip file that has all the stuff needed to get this to work. Using this method, that zip file must be copied to the root a pen-drive. It's here, for Android 10: https://bit.ly/2ATWPGE

- If the LZ app (big "G" icon") isn't working as expected on your phone, you might have to reset the device.

[UPDATE - 29 / June / 2020]

Important stuff:
    - You must have your phone in english in order to proceed with this method.
    - After it is complete you can switch back to your preferred language, without problems.
    - If you want to add more Google accounts, you should do this procure while you are installing GMS. Use this link: https://youtu.be/jgCN6SeP32c?t=1418 It guides directly to the right moment in that video.

By the way, it's working great for a lot of users. Push notifications, though, aren't working.
    Still, I believe this is the best method around.

Cheers!
    Any feedback on battery drain once google services are installed?

Asking this because as far as I remember, google services have always been the top consumer in standby on all my phones, and I was happy to get a P40 without GMS, at first, and sadly found out their store is like a no mans' land lol.

I'll probably run without GMS for a while to check how battery drain goes, and see if Huawei is doing a better job ;) If time allows I'll post my findings.

So far, I've tested the Huawei P40 Lite E vs Pixel 3 XL, both without SIM card.

P40 achieves an average of 8mA in standby, while Pixel 3 XL is at an average of 10mA. Not much, but still P40 is performing better.
    Usage consumption shows very similar drain around 400-500mA, resulting in both devices showing a run time of about 8 hours. However the Pixel 3 XL battery is aging and have a remaining capacity of 3300mAh, compared to the P40 having 4000mAh (will post actual capacity later).

Usage consumption highly depends on screen technology and brightness levels, the later I haven't checked or messed with.

Noticeably the P40 is brand new and have a brand new battery (still trying to get an estimated battery capacity as I forgot to exclude my app from google AND huawei battery optimizations).

I'd say Huawei services are performing better than Google services, by 20%.