[GUIDE] New method to install Google Mobile Services on Huawei P40 & P40 Lite

Search This thread

Deffault

Jul 7, 2008

Hi guys!!!

I'm thrilled to report that I just found this new way to get Google Mobile Services to work on Huawei and Honor devices that don't have them.

It's totally working [today is 20 june 2020] and it SOLVES the new problem that doesn't let the users sign-in to their Google accounts at the time of the installation.

Everything is very detailed and shown step-by-step on the following video...

Please be sure to download the .zip file that has all the stuff needed to get this to work. Using this method, that zip file must be copied to the root a pen-drive. It's here, for Android 10: https://bit.ly/2ATWPGE

- If the LZ app (big "G" icon") isn't working as expected on your phone, you might have to reset the device.

[UPDATE - 29 / June / 2020]

Important stuff:
- You must have your phone in english in order to proceed with this method.
- After it is complete you can switch back to your preferred language, without problems.
- If you want to add more Google accounts, you should do this procure while you are installing GMS. Use this link: https://youtu.be/jgCN6SeP32c?t=1418 It guides directly to the right moment in that video.

By the way, it's working great for a lot of users. Push notifications, though, aren't working.
Still, I believe this is the best method around.

Cheers!

Reactions: 3c

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com
Any feedback on battery drain once google services are installed?

Asking this because as far as I remember, google services have always been the top consumer in standby on all my phones, and I was happy to get a P40 without GMS, at first, and sadly found out their store is like a no mans' land lol.

I'll probably run without GMS for a while to check how battery drain goes, and see if Huawei is doing a better job ;) If time allows I'll post my findings.

Reactions: coeptisr

Abraham310

Dec 19, 2011
doesnt working Im stuck in the first step, when Im about to restore the backup file...

it just doesnt appear the backup...

bj82xx

Oct 24, 2012
has someone with firmware: 10.1.136 successfully installed the services? on the old version it went immediately with 10.1.136 I tried several times now always without success :(

coeptisr

Jan 18, 2010

Asking this because as far as I remember, google services have always been the top consumer in standby on all my phones, and I was happy to get a P40 without GMS, at first, and sadly found out their store is like a no mans' land lol.

I'll probably run without GMS for a while to check how battery drain goes, and see if Huawei is doing a better job ;) If time allows I'll post my findings.

Any feedback?

xnetbug

Jan 6, 2011
has someone with firmware: 10.1.136 successfully installed the services? on the old version it went immediately with 10.1.136 I tried several times now always without success :(

It is possible to perform a downgrade using HiSuite. I'm considering it myself because i have had no luck installing gms without annoying notifications.

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com

So far, I've tested the Huawei P40 Lite E vs Pixel 3 XL, both without SIM card.

P40 achieves an average of 8mA in standby, while Pixel 3 XL is at an average of 10mA. Not much, but still P40 is performing better.
Usage consumption shows very similar drain around 400-500mA, resulting in both devices showing a run time of about 8 hours. However the Pixel 3 XL battery is aging and have a remaining capacity of 3300mAh, compared to the P40 having 4000mAh (will post actual capacity later).

Usage consumption highly depends on screen technology and brightness levels, the later I haven't checked or messed with.

Noticeably the P40 is brand new and have a brand new battery (still trying to get an estimated battery capacity as I forgot to exclude my app from google AND huawei battery optimizations).

I'd say Huawei services are performing better than Google services, by 20%.

Reactions: coeptisr

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com
I tried to install google service on my P40 Lite E, but couldn't find a valid method. Are there any way to do so these days?
I was hoping to compare battery life on the P40 Lite E with and without Google services, but it seems a no go now.

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
you can downgrade easily the ones which don't have the anti-rollback

download firmware, extract the dload folder on some sd card or usb, attach usb otg to the phone and boot with volume up - power. Then select usb update. Worked fine

I do have it for JNY-LX1 if someone needs

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com
you can downgrade easily the ones which don't have the anti-rollback

download firmware, extract the dload folder on some sd card or usb, attach usb otg to the phone and boot with volume up - power. Then select usb update. Worked fine

I do have it for JNY-LX1 if someone needs

Is this JNY-LX1 for the P40 Lite E? Can GMS be installed on it then? If so, I'm definitely interested as I couldn't find a single firmware for the P40 Lite E.

Only found this version so far, but impossible to download because of quota: Huawei_P40_Lite_E_Arthur-L29_10.1.0.112_C185E2R3P1_EMUI10.1.0_05016MMP_Dload.zip
All sites are referring to the same GDrive file, which can't be downloaded, here is one of them: https://firmwarefile.com/huawei-p40-lite-e-arthur-l29

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com
Can you pm some od the info from your system-about? Current emui etc

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I read it's impossible to downgrade from EMUI 10.1 back to 10.0 or 9.x, so there's no way I'll be able to install GMS I suppose. IMO phones without GMS are pretty useless. App Gallery have not half the apps on Play Store.

Here are details of system about, just in case I could get my hand on 9.x or older 10.x firmware to attempt a flash.

Device: HUAWEI P40 lite E
Model: ART-L29
Build: 10.1.0.128(C432E2R1P1)
EMUI: 10.1.0

Unfortunately, you can't. On the latest version of HiSuite, you don't have the button with the "Older Versions". If you install an older version of HiSuite, you can't connect to the phone. So this method doesn't work at this moment.

Last edited:

valter09

Feb 27, 2013
Unfortunately, you can't. On the latest version of HiSuite, you don't have the button with the "Older Versions". If you install an older version of HiSuite, you can't connect to the phone. So this method doesn't work at this moment.

Obrigado
I did that yesterday. I am on windows 7 with HiSuite updated, not sure if that's relevant.

3c

Jul 19, 2005
www.3c71.com

Windows 10 here, no "older versions" for my P40 Lite E. However I manage to downgrade by putting the OTA zip on the SD card and updating from it. Then I was able to install and run lzplay. Now stuck at login though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi guys!!!

I'm thrilled to report that I just found this new way to get Google Mobile Services to work on Huawei and Honor devices that don't have them.

It's totally working [today is 20 june 2020] and it SOLVES the new problem that doesn't let the users sign-in to their Google accounts at the time of the installation.

Everything is very detailed and shown step-by-step on the following video...

Please be sure to download the .zip file that has all the stuff needed to get this to work. Using this method, that zip file must be copied to the root a pen-drive. It's here, for Android 10: https://bit.ly/2ATWPGE

- If the LZ app (big "G" icon") isn't working as expected on your phone, you might have to reset the device.

[UPDATE - 29 / June / 2020]

Important stuff:
    - You must have your phone in english in order to proceed with this method.
    - After it is complete you can switch back to your preferred language, without problems.
    - If you want to add more Google accounts, you should do this procure while you are installing GMS. Use this link: https://youtu.be/jgCN6SeP32c?t=1418 It guides directly to the right moment in that video.

By the way, it's working great for a lot of users. Push notifications, though, aren't working.
    Still, I believe this is the best method around.

Cheers!

So far, I've tested the Huawei P40 Lite E vs Pixel 3 XL, both without SIM card.

P40 achieves an average of 8mA in standby, while Pixel 3 XL is at an average of 10mA. Not much, but still P40 is performing better.
    Usage consumption shows very similar drain around 400-500mA, resulting in both devices showing a run time of about 8 hours. However the Pixel 3 XL battery is aging and have a remaining capacity of 3300mAh, compared to the P40 having 4000mAh (will post actual capacity later).

Usage consumption highly depends on screen technology and brightness levels, the later I haven't checked or messed with.

Noticeably the P40 is brand new and have a brand new battery (still trying to get an estimated battery capacity as I forgot to exclude my app from google AND huawei battery optimizations).

I'd say Huawei services are performing better than Google services, by 20%.