[GUIDE] [NO ROOT REQUIRED] [EPIC UPDATE] How to add VoLTE support/CA Combos for other carriers to the G8 (and other Qualcomm powered LG devices too!)

Search This thread

amit2046

Oct 17, 2016
Which part of the process do you need help with?
Can you share the LG IMS complete settings that you have on your phone?
I tried configuring them but could not (check the screenshots).
I will try exact settings in my phone as well.
I do not want to root it, because I use the phone for accessing office emails also.

Attachments

• LGIMS.jpg
    LGIMS.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 228
  • LGIMSDisconnected.jpg
    LGIMSDisconnected.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 233
  • Inside-LG-IMS.png
    Inside-LG-IMS.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 232

Xdekker

Oct 28, 2015
Please refer to my other posts and topis:

I have a Korean 820N KT and I don't even care for VOLTE or anything, I'm on the latest Android 12 update but there is one huge big just gigantic frustration!

NO CARRIER AGGREGATION POSSIBLE NO MATTER WHAT I DO! And trust me I have tried my best, the code is simply not there to make it work and/or it is blocked. Like why LG whyyyyyyyyyy do you do this!!!

Man the saddest part is that it's such an amazing phone, only realistic option with 3D face unlock really and a great camera, the video from this phone with the latest updates is stunning honestly it can still compete with p7 and the iphones of this world.

But then the connectivity, when I pop my sim into my iPad mini 6, I get 200 mbit DL
When I do the same on my LG, sometimes no/poor reception and 5 mbit like whyyy with CA it can easily be 100 because I know how good my 4g+ reception is where I'm at.

FRUSTRATING TO THE 10TH DEGREE!

Any help would be Amazing !

LG WHY DID YOU GUYS NOT CODE FOR /TAKE OUT FIELD TEST IN ANDROID 12 WHYYYY LG OMGGG, please anybody email LG this is so sad, everyone will update because oohh shiny new 12, to then face severe issues especially in Europe where I think most of us have the korean variant because it works the best here and has the telephoto. There have to be at least like 1000 people in europe or way more prolly using the g8, you're in for some big issues unless a genius comes in, I GAVE IT MY ALL, LIKE 50 HOURS + AND NO SOLUTION!!!

Sad! Where is the commander when u need him lol!

Do you mind if you can send over the crossflashing steps? Been thinking of crossflashing my G8 to get rid of the T-Mobile ****ware and so I don't get blasted with a pink T-Mobile splash screen everytime I power on and off the phone lol.
I can so relate lol, every time the friggin KT bloat and trust me KT is so much worse, above the wifi selection there is a permanent ad link to their website, wtf!! You can not get rid of it no matter what.

I wanna crossflash but idk what LG did here but at this point, it can be anything and I am not smart enough to reverse engineer stuff to see what will happen, worst case in a month or so, it loses google play protect, it loses OTA support for security patches and sensitive apps like banking may stop working, it really is possible.

I am clueless, please also refer to my other topic: ANY HELP is appreiated!

Reactions: Cryomichel

Sykander

Dec 5, 2020
Can you share the LG IMS complete settings that you have on your phone?
I tried configuring them but could not (check the screenshots).
I will try exact settings in my phone as well.
I do not want to root it, because I use the phone for accessing office emails also.

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying. some medical issues & hospital visits kept me busy.

I've added some screenshots - let me know if you anything else.

Btw I'm curious to know which phone are you using?

Attachments

• Screenshots_2022-10-28-19-04-26.jpg
    Screenshots_2022-10-28-19-04-26.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 234
  • Screenshot_20221028-190251.png
    Screenshot_20221028-190251.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 230
  • Screenshot_20221028-190341.png
    Screenshot_20221028-190341.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 210
  • Screenshots_2022-10-28-19-02-34.jpg
    Screenshots_2022-10-28-19-02-34.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 213
  • Screenshots_2022-10-28-19-05-02.jpg
    Screenshots_2022-10-28-19-05-02.jpg
    562.7 KB · Views: 246

amit2046

Oct 17, 2016
Hi, sorry for the delay in replying. some medical issues & hospital visits kept me busy.

I've added some screenshots - let me know if you anything else.

Btw I'm curious to know which phone are you using?
Thank you Sykander for taking out time and providing the screenshots.

I have tried the settings but could not get the VoLTE on my phone :(.

My Phone:
LG V60 T-Mobile Unlocked
Android: 12
Network: Airtel (Bangalore)

Sykander

Dec 5, 2020

My Phone:
LG V60 T-Mobile Unlocked
Unfortunately the only method known to work involves rooting the phone.

It is possible to reverse the root after enabling volte. But you'll need to study the process and make proper backups of all partitions before attempting it.

PS: they have the lg software India office in bangalore. I was trying to contact them to see if would help me with my phone but no one was responding to calls. I saw a couple of profiles of people working on volte and IMS. Maybe your luck will be better.

Juan Celaya

Sep 16, 2017
Buenas a todos, eh leído todos los comentarios y al parecer no lograron dar con el caso, aquí les dejo la solución a ese problema que al menos a mí me funciona y a otros conocidos también, esto se probó en el LG G8 con Android 11 y 12 y en el G8x en Android 12 ambos en la KDZ de Canadá, el IMS es el problema ya que aparece en blanco cuando ingresas, empecemos con el procedimiento.
1. Necesitas extraer tu tarjeta SIM del dispositivo.
2. Reinicias el dispositivo (todavía no insertes la SIM).
3. Entras al HiddenMenu y en IMS aparece uno "genérico" de estados unidos, si te dice que no está soportado es por que no tiene activadas las 4 casillas para VoLTE, esto lo haces desde Universal Enabler, luego en Create New Config y marcas las últimas 4 casillas (para el LG G8X no aparece activo para ello crea una carpeta en el almacenamiento interno que se llamará "enable_ue" sin las comillas).
4. Te diriges a IMS y ya puedes insertar la tarjeta SIM, en IMS Setting aparece "Slot - 0" lo seleccionas y te vas a Test y solo necesitas configurar 2 cosas, para esto necesitas poner tu operador y país. Ejemplo, para México que es de dónde soy mi operadora es Telcel por lo tanto en Preference Operator es "TCL" y en Preference Country es "MX" sin las comillas, repito esto es para México con Telcel, puedes probar con tu operadora y tú país.
5. Eso es todo solo asegúrese de estar conectado a 4G o LTE y espera unos segundos hasta que te aparezca a un lado del icono de WIFI el VoLTE ya activo, si ingresas el código *#*#4636#*#* te aparecerá IMS registrado , ahora ya puedes hacer y recibir llamadas sin problemas además aparece HD Voice en las llamadas.
Espero les sea de gran ayuda y disculpen si fui demasiado extenso.

Last edited:
Reactions: PonchosoftX

tofik33`

Jun 19, 2022
PDC doesn't see my phone. I have installed qualcomm driver. I've also tried installing LG drivers (two different versions) and still nothing.

csrote

Jul 28, 2018
Buenas a todos, eh leído todos los comentarios y al parecer no lograron dar con el caso, aquí les dejo la solución a ese problema que al menos a mí me funciona y a otros conocidos también, esto se probó en el LG G8 con Android 11 y 12 y en el G8x en Android 12 ambos en la KDZ de Canadá, el IMS es el problema ya que aparece en blanco cuando ingresas, empecemos con el procedimiento.
1. Necesitas extraer tu tarjeta SIM del dispositivo.
2. Reinicias el dispositivo (todavía no insertes la SIM).
3. Entras al HiddenMenu y en IMS aparece uno "genérico" de estados unidos, si te dice que no está soportado es por que no tiene activadas las 4 casillas para VoLTE, esto lo haces desde Universal Enabler, luego en Create New Config y marcas las últimas 4 casillas (para el LG G8X no aparece activo para ello crea una carpeta en el almacenamiento interno que se llamará "enable_ue" sin las comillas).
4. Te diriges a IMS y ya puedes insertar la tarjeta SIM, en IMS Setting aparece "Slot - 0" lo seleccionas y te vas a Test y solo necesitas configurar 2 cosas, para esto necesitas poner tu operador y país. Ejemplo, para México que es de dónde soy mi operadora es Telcel por lo tanto en Preference Operator es "TCL" y en Preference Country es "MX" sin las comillas, repito esto es para México con Telcel, puedes probar con tu operadora y tú país.
5. Eso es todo solo asegúrese de estar conectado a 4G o LTE y espera unos segundos hasta que te aparezca a un lado del icono de WIFI el VoLTE ya activo, si ingresas el código *#*#4636#*#* te aparecerá IMS registrado , ahora ya puedes hacer y recibir llamadas sin problemas además aparece HD Voice en las llamadas.
Espero les sea de gran ayuda y disculpen si fui demasiado extenso.

csrote

Jul 28, 2018
From Google Translate:
Hi everyone, I've read all the comments and apparently they couldn't find the case, here I leave the solution to that problem that at least works for me and for other acquaintances too, this was tested on the LG G8 with Android 11 and 12 and on the G8x on Android 12 both on the Canadian KDZ, the IMS is the problem as it appears blank when you enter, let's start with the procedure.

1. You need to remove your SIM card from the device.

2. Restart the device (do not insert the SIM yet).

3. You enter the HiddenMenu and in IMS a "generic" one from the United States appears, if it tells you that it is not supported, it is because the 4 boxes for VoLTE are not activated, you do this from Universal Enabler, then in Create New Config and marks the last 4 boxes (for the LG G8X it does not appear active, for this it creates a folder in the internal storage that will be called "enable_ue" without the quotes).

4. You go to IMS and you can now insert the SIM card, in IMS Setting "Slot - 0" appears, select it and go to Test and you only need to configure 2 things, for this you need to put your operator and country. Example, for Mexico, which is where I am from, my operator is Telcel, therefore in Preference Operator it is "TCL" and in Preference Country it is "MX" without the quotes, I repeat this is for Mexico with Telcel, you can try with your operator and you country.

5. That's all, just make sure you are connected to 4G or LTE and wait a few seconds until the VoLTE already active appears next to the WIFI icon, if you enter the code *#*#4636#*#* IMS will appear registered, now you can make and receive calls without problems, and HD Voice appears on calls.I hope it will be of great help to you and sorry if I was too long.More about this source textSource text required for additional translation informationSend feedbackSide panels

csrote

Jul 28, 2018
Trying to get VoLTE capability on my LMG820QM7, which I believe is the USA Factory Unlocked version of the LG G8. I am located in the UK using 3 as my provider (three.co.uk)

On the Mobile Networks menu this phone does not have a VoLTE Toggle menu item.
To try to get it, I performed the Universal Enabler folder & New Config routine. Checked the 4 boxes for VoLTE, ViLTE, VoWIFI, and ViWIFI,
Still no VoLTE Toggle on Mobile Networks menu.

IMS Registration screen previously was Unregistered and all Unavailable.
Now IMS Status shows
IMS Registration: Registered
Voice over LTE: Available
Voice over WIFI: Unavailable
Video Calling: Available
UT Interface: Unavailable
But Still no VoLTE Toggle on Mobile Networks menu.

On this phone's Info screen (*#*#4636#*#*), the toggles for VoLTE Provisioned, Video Calling Provisioned, WiFi Calling Provisioned, and EAB/Presence Provisioned are all greyed out.

All Cell Measurement further down that page shows more line items than before the 4 boxes checked config change. Are these carrier signals being used for Carrier Aggregation?

On the IMS Setting Test screen, I enabled VoLTE AT Command, but it seemed to make no difference so returned to Off. On that same screen, UAC and VoLTE Setting Enabled were both enabled.

Time spent online with three.co.uk support proved fruitless. the CSR kept asking for menu items that my phone did not have. I suppose he was referencing a European variant?

Trying the approach of the gentleman from Mexico (earlier in thread), I entered 3 and UK in the Preference Operator and Preference Country screens, Now there is a VoLTE icon next to the 4G symbol at the top of the phone screen, But no other visible changes. Do I now have VoLTE and is it ON all the time?

This phone seems very close to having VoLTE. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• LG_G8_1of2.JPG
    LG_G8_1of2.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 192
  • LG_G8_2of2.JPG
    LG_G8_2of2.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

Juan Celaya

Sep 16, 2017
Trying to get VoLTE capability on my LMG820QM7, which I believe is the USA Factory Unlocked version of the LG G8. I am located in the UK using 3 as my provider (three.co.uk)

On the Mobile Networks menu this phone does not have a VoLTE Toggle menu item.
To try to get it, I performed the Universal Enabler folder & New Config routine. Checked the 4 boxes for VoLTE, ViLTE, VoWIFI, and ViWIFI,
Still no VoLTE Toggle on Mobile Networks menu.

IMS Registration screen previously was Unregistered and all Unavailable.
Now IMS Status shows
IMS Registration: Registered
Voice over LTE: Available
Voice over WIFI: Unavailable
Video Calling: Available
UT Interface: Unavailable
But Still no VoLTE Toggle on Mobile Networks menu.

En la pantalla de información de este teléfono (*#*#4636#*#*), las opciones para VoLTE aprovisionado, Videollamadas aprovisionadas, Llamadas WiFi aprovisionadas y EAB/Presencia aprovisionadas están atenuadas.

Toda la medición de celda más abajo en esa página muestra más elementos de línea que antes del cambio de configuración de las 4 casillas marcadas. ¿Se utilizan estas señales de portadora para la agregación de portadoras?

En la pantalla de prueba de configuración de IMS, habilité VoLTE AT Command, pero parecía no hacer ninguna diferencia, así que volví a Apagado. En esa misma pantalla, UAC y VoLTE Setting Enabled estaban habilitados.

El tiempo que pasó en línea con el soporte de three.co.uk resultó infructuoso. el CSR seguía pidiendo elementos del menú que mi teléfono no tenía. ¿Supongo que estaba haciendo referencia a una variante europea?

Probando el enfoque del caballero de México (anteriormente en el hilo), ingresé 3 y Reino Unido en las pantallas de Preferencia de operador y Preferencia de país. Ahora hay un ícono de VoLTE junto al símbolo 4G en la parte superior de la pantalla del teléfono, pero no hay otro. cambios visibles. ¿Ahora tengo VoLTE y está ENCENDIDO todo el tiempo?

Este teléfono parece estar muy cerca de tener VoLTE. ¡Cualquier ayuda será apreciada!
Esa opción de VoLTE en los ajustes solo aparece en la versión canadiense, en esa versión QM no aparece pero permanece activa, si ya ingresaste tu operadora y tú país es cuestión de segundos para que el ícono de VoLTE aparezca, ya solo es de realizar una llamada para verificar que funcione.

csrote

Jul 28, 2018
Muchas gracias, Juan.
When I make a call, what should I be looking for to demonstrate VoLTE calling?
Is Voice over WiFi possible on this phone?

Juan Celaya

Sep 16, 2017
Muchas gracias, Juan.
Cuando hago una llamada, ¿qué debo buscar para demostrar las llamadas VoLTE?
¿Es posible la voz sobre WiFi en este teléfono?

Muchas gracias, Juan.
Cuando hago una llamada, ¿qué debo buscar para demostrar las llamadas VoLTE?
¿Es posible la voz sobre WiFi en este teléfono?
Realice una llamada y en la parte superior izquierda aparecerá HD Voice además de que estará activo el ícono de VoLTE, claro esto siempre y cuando esté conectado a 4G/LTE.
De momento VoWiFi no está funcionando pero ya es un avance tener VoLTE.

csrote

Jul 28, 2018
Realice una llamada y en la parte superior izquierda aparecerá HD Voice además de que estará activo el ícono de VoLTE, claro esto siempre y cuando esté conectado a 4G/LTE.
De momento VoWiFi no está funcionando pero ya es un avance tener VoLTE.
Not successful. Not able to make or receive phone calls (no ring) from my wife's Moto G7 Power.

I unchecked the four Enabler Boxes and removed the Preference Operator and Preference Country inputs. VoLTE symbol at top of screen now gone.

Phone still not back to normal.

Phone will now receive a call from my wife but I can only hear caller when Speaker is on.
Phone is now able to call my wife, but again, can only hear her thru the Speaker and not when held to my ear.

Should I consider Restart & Reset Menu items?

I did a Network Setting Reset for support session with Three.co.uk, my carrier. Should I do so again?

Reset App Preferences?

Reset Settings?

I would prefer not to do a Factory Data Reset. If that is required, how do I deal with apps for which I have paid money?

Thnx for any ideas!

Sin éxito. No puedo hacer ni recibir llamadas telefónicas (sin timbre) desde el Moto G7 Power de mi esposa.

Desmarqué las cuatro casillas habilitadoras y eliminé las entradas Operador de preferencia y País de preferencia. El símbolo de VoLTE en la parte superior de la pantalla ya no está.

El teléfono aún no vuelve a la normalidad.

El teléfono ahora recibirá una llamada de mi esposa, pero solo puedo escuchar a la persona que llama cuando el altavoz está activado.

El teléfono ahora puede llamar a mi esposa, pero nuevamente, solo puedo escucharla a través del altavoz y no cuando lo sostengo junto a mi oído.

¿Debo considerar los elementos del menú Reiniciar y restablecer?

Restablecí la configuración de red para una sesión de soporte con Three.co.uk, mi operador. ¿Debería hacerlo de nuevo?

¿Restablecer preferencias de la aplicación?

¿Reiniciar ajustes?

Preferiría no hacer un restablecimiento de datos de fábrica. Si es necesario, ¿cómo manejo las aplicaciones por las que pagué dinero?

¡Gracias por cualquier idea!

akhan3280

Nov 12, 2022
I extract the kdz file model of lmg820 but onekeyextraction show msg the file not found but the kdz file have in this folder

I use window 7 32bit

mangojain

Jul 24, 2010

My Phone:
LG V60 T-Mobile Unlocked
Are you capable of rooting the phone? If yes, I'll show you how to get it working, it needs files with settings that work in India, I've taken them from a G8S

Cryomichel

Aug 31, 2021
LG G3
LG G5
Hello guys, I see that this post is really active lately.
Does someone managed to get voLTE or Wi-Fi calls on the G208N (LG U+ variant) in Europe ?
I'm in France and recently switched to a cheaper network (2nd bets in France) but the voice call quality went a bit down and LTE is really slower on this network with my G8.

amit2046

Oct 17, 2016
Are you capable of rooting the phone? If yes, I'll show you how to get it working, it needs files with settings that work in India, I've taken them from a G8S
Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, I cannot root my v60 (have done rooting on few older phones like Z2Plus). I use it to access corporate resources and is managed by Intune. If it detects root then I'll not be able to access the corporate resources.

There is a Reddit thread where someone was able to get VoLTE for Jio network on LMV600AT model.

xda098

Dec 16, 2022
Hi Folks,

Thank you for this really informative thread.

I purchased a LG V60 3 days back and the model that the seller sent was V600VM (Verizon) (unlocked) one. I had been planning to try out the IMS setting menu to enable voLTE as the carrier I have is voLTE only. I was disappointed to find that the Verizon hidden menu doesn't even have the Field Test-IMS Settings option! I can't access the Hidden menu in the normal way (*#55... Secret code method) and had to use the Verizon´s ##7.. secret code method, as verizon blocks all secret codes in their firmware .

I do not want to root the phone as I would like to use it as my daily driver and the work apps+Banking apps won't work properly on that.So I seem to be stuck with a paperweight.

Does anyone have any guidance or any suggestions on what i may try? Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221217-002535.png
    Screenshot_20221217-002535.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20221217-002529.png
    Screenshot_20221217-002529.png
    114.5 KB · Views: 55

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are running Android 12 or 13, follow this guide if PDC does not see your device.

I'm gonna keep the intro simple, been a longtime user here on XDA, and recently I found that my T-Mobile LG G8 only supported VoLTE and VoWifi on, you guessed it, T-Mobile! So I did some research, experimented with my G8 for a bit, and I now have a method that works and does not need root at all. Basically, what we are doing here is just loading carrier profiles into the phone's modem so that the phone is able to complete IMS registration and correctly provision VoLTE when you insert a SIM card from another carrier.

If you are trying this on a LG V60, please turn off USB debugging before attempting this as multiple V60 owners have had trouble properly installing the modem driver and only resolved the driver issue by turning it off. Also, please try the 90E5 driver if the 9091 driver does not work for you.

This method does not work on the Sprint G8, any other Sprint LG devices, the Korean G8 and any other Korean LG devices since there is no Field Test option in the HiddenMenu in those devices.

Follow this post here, and make sure you read the original post in that thread as well. Also should work with other BL unlocked G8 models. Crossflash your G8 to Open US or Open CA firmware using this method! No unlocked bootloader or root needed!

DO THIS FIRST!!!!!: STEPS TO OBTAIN CARRIER MBN FILES FOR YOUR DEVICE (MBN files for the G8/G8x/G8s provided in Step 11 of the main guide)

1. Download a KDZ for your device. Sites like lgrom.com or lg-firmwares.com have KDZ's available to download. If you have an AT&T LG device just download a KDZ for another variant of your phone. Ex: If you have the AT&T LG Velvet, just download the Canadian Velvet's KDZ. Same for the AT&T G8, G8x etc.

2. Download and install
    7zip, and the linked/attached KDZ extractor tool.

3. Extract the KDZ tool zip file, then place your downloaded KDZ into the same folder as the KDZ tools.
    1646120728815.png

4. In the KDZ tools folder, find "OneKeyExtraction.bat" and double click on it.

5. When the CMD windows launches, press Y to start extracting the partitions from the KDZ.

6. Once it is finished, you should see a new folder in the KDZ tools folder that has the same name as the KDZ that you downloaded. Open up that folder.
    1646121613132.png

7. As you can see the tool extracted all of the partitions that are contained in the KDZ file. We will need to open up either the modem_a or modem_b partitions to grab the needed MBN files. Scroll down to find those partitions. Doesn't matter which one you choose.

8. Right click on whichever one you chose, hover over "7zip", then click "Open archive".
    1646122181314.png

9. 7zip will open up. The folders where the MBN's will be vary by device. Generally you should first look for a folder named "modem_pr", then once in it find the "mcfg_sw" folder. Here are some examples to help you find where the MBN files in your device's modem partition are. The files will be seperated into folders by region and carrier.
    1646122816648.png

1646122875662.png

1646122958551.png

10. Once you find the files, extract them to whichever folder you want to.

Now here are the steps to load the MBN's:

1. Download the latest QPST Tools from here. Only runs on Windows. No Linux, sorry.

2. Extract the zip file you downloaded and open QPST.2.7.496.1.exe to install the QPST tools.

1633495073816.png

3. Once that is done, go to the Driver folder and open Qualcomm USB Driver V1.0.exe to install the drivers needed for the tool to communicate with your phone.

4. After that is done, there should be a QPST folder in your start menu. We'll come back to that later.

5. On your phone, go to the dialer and enter this code:
    Code:
    *#546368#*xxx# OR #*462633*#xxx# *xxx is the three numbers in your device's model code.

6. The HiddenMenu should pop up, choose Field Test, then LTE Data Test, and change the Tethering Mode from Android to QMICM. I recommend leaving your phone in this menu so that it is easier to switch back to the normal Android USB connection mode when you are done.

1633495857477.png
    1633495872107.png
    1633495890722.png

7. Connect your phone to your computer, it should be detected as "Qualcomm HS-USB Modem 9091". In Device Manager it should show up under the Modems section.

8. Go to the QPST start menu folder and open the "PDC" application.

9. Go to the Device dropdown, there should be an item named "Qualcomm Wireless HS-USB Ethernet Adapter 9091". This is your phone, select it.
    1633496853860.png
    10. This is what you should see. Notice how only the original carrier's (T-Mobile) modem profile is loaded into the phone's modem. Pretty lazy if you ask me.
    1633497146862.png
    11. Now you will need some modem profiles to load into your phone! As a little starter pack, here are a few carrier modem profiles for US, Canadian and Korean carriers. Download them here (these are only for the G8/G8x/G8s! Will not work with other devices!!!!!!). I have extracted these from my phone's modem_a partition using QFIL Partition Manager with the LG SD855 firehose, and these are present in the modem_b partition as well. LG left all of these profiles inside the phone but only actually loads one of them into the modem on carrier models....

These profiles may also work on the G8x, V50, and G8s since those phones have the same SOC as the G8, and by extension the same modem chip.

12. Once you are ready, press the Load button and navigate to whichever carrier profile you want to add, I will load AT&T as an example. After going inside the folder for the carrier you want to load, there should be a file named "mcfg_sw.mbn". This is the profile. Don't bother adding any profile that has "row" in it's name, those usually don't give you support for VoLTE.
    1633498811451.png
    13. When you are ready, click Open and your carrier profile will be loaded into your phone! You can go and add as many carriers as you want, I loaded all US and Korean, and some Canadian carrier profiles into my G8.

Do not load the same profile multiple times, this may cause issues with VoLTE and cell connectivity.
    1633501377502.png

14. When you are done, go back to the LTE Data Test menu and set the tethering mode back to Android. Your phone now has VoLTE support for the carriers that you loaded into it!

If you have another Qualcomm LG device, you can also follow this guide, you just need to enter the HiddenMenu dialer code specific to your device, and have carrier config files that are either specifically for your device, or from another phone that has the same chipset as your device* (*may or may not work).

Here's AT&T VoLTE working with a Tracfone AT&T sim card on my previously incompatible T-Mobile G8:
    1633502003068.png
    1633502017259.png

Hope this guide has helped you guys!

If VoLTE is still not working for you, then give johndaniel's method a try!
    Thanks ! Some questions
    Was this menu available in Android 11 on korean phones ?
    Do you know if I need to root the pone to do so ? Is there a BIG chance to brick the phone ?
    Will I keep getting updates if one pops up (very low probability) ?
    Will I keep the Quad DAC feature if I change the firmware ?
    Do you know if I could directly put an european firmware ? In Europe it's another phone, the G8S not the G8...
    Field test menu is unavailable in korean models, no matter which android version.
    Root is not needed to cross flash LG ROM. It's needed for custom ROMs.
    I have cross flashed my V50 and I'm not getting updates with OTA. It tells me the phone is up to date.
    Quad DAC works if you flash original LG software.
    I wouldn't try to flash a ROM from another model. You'd better try to cross flash some US version if there is no european ROM for G8.
    If it's anything like the Sprint V50, see if 5689#*820# works. But I suspect that even if it works, there won't be a Field Test option.
    Yeah, same result.

If I use *#*#7262626#*#*, upon pressing the last * the code disappears and I'm still on the dialer.

Its weird, as far as I can tell... my device has VoLTE enabled on Tmobile, eventhough its DEFINITELY a Sprint model. Aside from that, I use Google Voice, which essentially lets me make calls and use data at the same time anyway.
    UK is shutting down 3G network by 2024 (at least some operators), does that mean Korean LG v50-ties, and American LG v60-ties are doomed? None of them have VoLte enabled for me..
    Right. If your provider drops all 2G/3G networks, then any phone that doesn't have working VoLTE will no longer be able to make or receive phone calls. For the LG phone models that don't have the Field Test option in the hidden menu, you'll need to be able to unlock their bootloader and get root access to have any chance at a workaround to enable VoLTE.