• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[guide] [noob-friendly] [Ask Anything] [questions regarding VINCE]

Search This thread

Sahin420

Aug 4, 2016
Murshidabad
hi bro i am new to this forum my redmi note 5 is suddenly hanged and switched off i tried turning it on but it was not turning on i tried fastboot also not turning on when plug it to the charger the notification light is blinking pls help to switch on my redmi note 5 thanks in advance
Tap and hold power button and volume up to enter recovery. If u able to enter in recovery then flash rom or if not possible. Go to fastboot and flash stock miui. Remember, don't lock bootloader.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Hey there everyone.
It seems like every google app on my redmi note 5 keeps force closing on its own automatically. I'm unable to find a permanent fix for, sometimes reboot fix the issue but i can't keep rebooting the device everytime any app force closes.
Im on miui 11 with unlocked bootloader and latest orange fox recovery.

If someone can suggest anything it'll be very good for me.
Thank you.
When u have unlocked bootloader then why u stay on miui. Flash any custom rom. Problem will be solve. Nothing to do with stock rom..

shuvo.ray9

Apr 19, 2015
System not booting

Will reply as fast as possible, questions can be a little off topic, I can provide useful links when free.

I installed twrp recovery successfully and also installed dm-verity so as to keep using the twrp recovery. Now i cannot boot into my system. Everytime I boot into system it just reboots to recovery. Any help will be appreciated. Please!

AriV200

Nov 20, 2020
Help!

Hello, I have the redmi 5 plus global, with unlocked bootloader and Havoc 3.9. It happened that one day, when I was using my mobile, it turned off, or at least that's what I thought. The screen has no brightness, but it shows image, I changed the screen and it still remains the same. What would you recommend me to do? Do you still have a solution? Thanks in advance

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hello, I have the redmi 5 plus global, with unlocked bootloader and Havoc 3.9. It happened that one day, when I was using my mobile, it turned off, or at least that's what I thought. The screen has no brightness, but it shows image, I changed the screen and it still remains the same. What would you recommend me to do? Do you still have a solution? Thanks in advance

Try with a compatible vendor image.

AriV200

Nov 20, 2020
Try with a compatible vendor image.

Hello again. I don't know how I can find and install vendor for my mobile, but could I try to install MIUI 9 with android 7? Will there be a problem if i try? An apology if I was slow to respond, and I appreciate your support sir

Oh, when the phone stopped glowing it had Havoc 3.9, firmware 11.0.3 and a Magisk extension to boost graphics in games (can't remember the name)

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hello again. I don't know how I can find and install vendor for my mobile, but could I try to install MIUI 9 with android 7? Will there be a problem if i try? An apology if I was slow to respond, and I appreciate your support sir

Oh, when the phone stopped glowing it had Havoc 3.9, firmware 11.0.3 and a Magisk extension to boost graphics in games (can't remember the name)

Sorry for delay, the best in this case is flashing a stock ROM through EDL mode using MiFlash tool, if it is not a hardware damage this will solve the issue.
Anyway, just in case, Did you try with other ROM if the same happen?, before you have to wipe also vendor and do a clean flash.

AriV200

Nov 20, 2020
Sorry for delay, the best in this case is flashing a stock ROM through EDL mode using MiFlash tool, if it is not a hardware damage this will solve the issue.
Anyway, just in case, Did you try with other ROM if the same happen?, before you have to wipe also vendor and do a clean flash.

Yes, I have tried installing other roms, like MIUI (Nussantara Project) and Havoc 3.9 again ...
It gives me the feeling that it is a backlight problem (hardware damage), so I will try to install the official MIUI rom under the EDL method. Still, thank you very much for the support!

Mrinalsaha

Nov 9, 2020
Navi Mumbai
hi I am getting some errors in flashing twrp
please help

Attachments

• 20210123_220822.jpg
    20210123_220822.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 20210123_162557.jpg
    20210123_162557.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • 20210123_221147.jpg
    20210123_221147.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • 20210123_215148.jpg
    20210123_215148.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will reply as fast as possible, questions can be a little off topic, I can provide useful links when free.
    what is VINCE?
    Codename for the device.
    Hey bro one help ..
    I have Redmi Note 5 (Vince) ..
    Android version 7.1.2 ..
    Bootloader unlocked ..
    Rwrp installed ..
    I have to flash custom rom LOS 8.1 Oreo ..
    How to do it ..?
    I mean wipe system, data, cache, dalvik ..
    Install rom and gapps ..
    Reboot ..
    Is it ok or I have to upadte bootloader or firmware or anything else I'm confused .. please reply ..
    Explain in detail ..
    Waiting for reply ..
    You have to format data instead of wipe. Backup your files from internal sd because it will be deleted.
    Also is necessary to flash firmware to avoid error 7 in recovery and solve some bugs like fingerprint accuracy and be able to delete fingerprints. There is a thread with firmware, is the one that says global and 8.1 (latest version)
    How to unlock bootloader without wait the 15 days?
    No way. You have to wait.
    There was a way to avoid waiting but it doesn't work now.
    what is VINCE?
    not to be confused, our device redmi 5 plus (redmi note 5 in India) has the code name 'vince'
    redmi note 5 china (redmi note 5 pro global) has the codename 'whyred'.
    orange fox is a custom recovery based on twrp having extra features.

Thanks. Everything settled. Rooted + twrp + Google Camera + MIUI 10 Bloatware removed + Lean Launcher with Double Tap to Sleep.

Any substratum theme to change the 4 Row Quick Toggle to 5 or 6?

EDIT
    ------

No issues. I got it