[Guide] Nougat with DRM fix, root and TWRP* (SGP771)

Search This thread

Stevethegreat

Nov 28, 2010
2wdv9ts.png

For me it is working!

Yeah, I only get a single image. It doesn't matter whether I've used my TA backup img (which works fine when restoring my phone).
Maybe you used a different method to patch your kernel?

halfvast

Sep 12, 2011
Yeah, I only get a single image. It doesn't matter whether I've used my TA backup img (which works fine when restoring my phone).
Maybe you used a different method to patch your kernel?

Try manually to copy TA.img to your system. Fixed problems with previous versions of TA_poc.

adb push TA.img /data/local/tmp/

I hope this fixes problem :)

And you could also redownload TA_poc from munjenis site And from mirror I posted earlier And test adb command with both version.

Stevethegreat

Nov 28, 2010
Try manually to copy TA.img to your system. Fixed problems with previous versions of TA_poc.

adb push TA.img /data/local/tmp/

I hope this fixes problem :)

And you could also redownload TA_poc from munjenis site And from mirror I posted earlier And test adb command with both version.

Didn't work .... hmmm

I've used the version you gave (the one in "filedropper").
Maybe because my tablet is SGP772 (and not SGP771 like yours)?

alex009988

Jun 8, 2011
Do I understand it right. For drm fix I need my unique. And without it, it's impossible to fix with this patch?
Well, I lost my keys anything i can do to restore at least x reality?

Last edited:

ibis69

Mar 1, 2010
LYON
Didn't work .... hmmm

I've used the version you gave (the one in "filedropper").
Maybe because my tablet is SGP772 (and not SGP771 like yours)?

Hi, after searching why the drm fix was not working on my z4t for 1 day (by checking xreality in settings after each recompiled boot.img), i've finally decided to check the state of DRMkey in service mode instead of checking Xreality in settings .... and guess what : , all keys were OK.
Xreality was not good because i've used drmrestorefix in earlier build !

So if you have used drmrestorefix before, please check if DRM restore is working by entering service mode on Z4T :

1)Open the Contacts app, go to Settings, then press on the bottom of the screen until a "Enter Service Code" button appears. Press the button and the dialer will appear. Enter *#*#7378423#*#* to display the service menu.
2) Select Service Test > Security : If you see [Key OK] on first lines --> DRM is restored !

If your keys are OK in service mode, to fix the issue with Xreality, just delete folders :

/data/credmgr
/data/DRM
/data/mediadrm

And reboot --> xreality is ok now !

Last edited:

Hybel1507

May 27, 2016
Hamburg
Superb work

Thank you for this great effort. Worked like a charme for me, almost. I did have some issues with TA.img since it was not transfered to /data/local/tmp and I had to do it via adb. This, however, might be my fault by disconecting the tablet during the execution of DOUBLECLICKME_NOUGAT.bat. As far as I understood from other postings, the copying of TA.img is part of the script but the tablet needs to be connected to the computer. Great effort, keys are there, root and TWRP. Since I do not play POKEMON go I do not care about CTS profile failure. Thank you guy so much!

Flygood

Mar 18, 2017
WhatsApp Abort 712Wifi?

Has anyone tried with 712?
Do I need Otg mouse in any case?

I am on 6.01 with rootkernel and drmfix haben TA backup if needed.
Having followed all postings on Nougat and Z4T but so far no clear answer.

Thanks for your reply :)

ibis69

Mar 1, 2010
LYON
Has anyone tried with 712?
Do I need Otg mouse in any case?

I am on 6.01 with rootkernel and drmfix haben TA backup if needed.
Having followed all postings on Nougat and Z4T but so far no clear answer.

Thanks for your reply :)

Hi, TA restore is working fine on SGP712 with this tool (you need to have a TA backup of your Tab) : I have same model and was coming from drmestore fix method on MM , btw read my comments here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71408048&postcount=27

But :
- For TWRP you still need an otg mouse as touchscreen in TWRP is broken on N for now, androplus will probably make a working one soon ....
- Drm restore fix method have the same issue too until androplus fix it for our tab

Last edited:
Reactions: czguy

Flygood

Mar 18, 2017
Hi, TA restore is working fine on SGP712 with this tool (you need to have a TA backup of your Tab) : I have same model and was coming from drmestore fix method on MM , btw read my comments here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71408048&postcount=27

But :
- For TWRP you still need an otg mouse as touchscreen in TWRP is broken on N for now, androplus will probably make a working one soon ....
- Drm restore fix method have the same issue too until androplus fix it for our tab

Thanks for sharing your experience.
I will wait for 2 weeks for androplus and if not buy Otg adapter to proceed further.

_Nostromo_

May 10, 2014
Kudos for the best guide ever! ;)

Big thanks to halfvast! I tried to get Nougat to my tablet for nearly two days using different methods and you are definitely my hero now! ;)
This guide is just perfect and worked great (on the second attempt... :D). Applied it to the "SGP771_28.0.A.8.260_1296-0518_R6A" and works as a breeze with the DRM keys restored from my TA backup.

Just two minor remarks which might save some troubles to the others:
The new version of munjeni's ta_poc already contains all of the updated serajr's scripts so no need to download and extract the serajr's scripts separately.
Also the DOUBLECLICK_NOUGAT.bat is now DOUBLECLICK.bat only.

And one last question: when I do not intend to use AdAway do I need to install Magisk for any other reason?

Thanks again! :good:

halfvast

Sep 12, 2011
Big thanks to halfvast! I tried to get Nougat to my tablet for nearly two days using different methods and you are definitely my hero now! ;)
This guide is just perfect and worked great (on the second attempt... :D). Applied it to the "SGP771_28.0.A.8.260_1296-0518_R6A" and works as a breeze with the DRM keys restored from my TA backup.

Just two minor remarks which might save some troubles to the others:
The new version of munjeni's ta_poc already contains all of the updated serajr's scripts so no need to download and extract the serajr's scripts separately.
Also the DOUBLECLICK_NOUGAT.bat is now DOUBLECLICK.bat only.

And one last question: when I do not intend to use AdAway do I need to install Magisk for any other reason?

Thanks again! :good:

Thanks for kind words and update info :)

If you do not use adaway, I think that you do not need magisk! Every other rooted app that I tested, worked for me without magisk!

allofmex

Jan 13, 2012
Tried same procedure on new firmware 32.3.A.2.33_R1D (SGP771, Customized DE) with limited success:
Tablet is booting to standard system, DRM keys are available (*#*#7378423#*#* -> security test: 4 times [Key OK] [Active]), xreality seems to work too.

What is not working is TWRP recovery!
If I try to boot to recovery by power + vol up, it shows the Sony Xperia boot logo, led get's yellow, then blue, then led off and nothing happens anymore. It stucks at the Sony XPERIA logo. Then hard reset needed (power + vol up 3 seconds)

I flashed TWRP-3.0.2-0-20160604.img multiple times.
(ta_poc with dm verity disabled, Sony Ric enabled)

jongcruz

Oct 29, 2009
New York
No having real root

I tried and everything went fine but when I try to use any root app to make modifications it says: "Rooted, but can not write access, please check your NAND unlocked"

Any help please?

dape16

Jun 20, 2006
Thanks for kind words and update info :)

If you do not use adaway, I think that you do not need magisk! Every other rooted app that I tested, worked for me without magisk!

Your method works fine on the latest 32.3.A.2.33 firmware, and I don't think serajr's scripts are needed anymore since the TA-POC tools are updated.

I am trying to find a way to get MagiskSU to work, so you don't need to flash SuperSU, but my tablet reboots after about 10 seconds after log in with PIN. I have tried flashing both Magisk 12.0 and 13.0 beta with the same result.

Last edited:

halfvast

Sep 12, 2011
Tried same procedure on new firmware 32.3.A.2.33_R1D (SGP771, Customized DE) with limited success:
Tablet is booting to standard system, DRM keys are available (*#*#7378423#*#* -> security test: 4 times [Key OK] [Active]), xreality seems to work too.

What is not working is TWRP recovery!
If I try to boot to recovery by power + vol up, it shows the Sony Xperia boot logo, led get's yellow, then blue, then led off and nothing happens anymore. It stucks at the Sony XPERIA logo. Then hard reset needed (power + vol up 3 seconds)

I flashed TWRP-3.0.2-0-20160604.img multiple times.
(ta_poc with dm verity disabled, Sony Ric enabled)

Did you Flash the twrp separately? The script included for TA_poc Did not work for me.

fastboot flash recovery TWRP-3.0.2-0-20160604.img

I can confirm This method works for 32.3.A.2.33_R2D (Nordic) but only with Magisk 11.6. I lost root with ver. 12.

As If you want to get full root rights disable Sony Ric and do not install Magisk (I guess it could work).

Last edited:

_Nostromo_

May 10, 2014
Confirming the guide working as a breeze upgrading from (using the same procedure) rooted build 32.3.A.0.376 to 32.3.A.2.33 (both Customized CE1) as a "dirty flash" (nothing wiped), only after installing the SuperSU in TWRP I wiped cache and dalvik. As I am not using Adaway I did not install Magisk at all. Chose to disable Sony ric.

halfvast

Sep 12, 2011
Confirming the guide working as a breeze upgrading from (using the same procedure) rooted build 32.3.A.0.376 to 32.3.A.2.33 (both Customized CE1) as a "dirty flash" (nothing wiped), only after installing the SuperSU in TWRP I wiped cache and dalvik. As I am not using Adaway I did not install Magisk at all. Chose to disable Sony ric.

Could you test does adaway work if Sony Ric is disabled?

Last edited:

_Nostromo_

May 10, 2014
Could you test does adaway work if Sony Ric is disabled?

Bloody hell... Just spent three hours fooling around with that. I did not install Magisk first as I was not planning to use AdAway. So I flashed it now and after trying to install the Magisk Manager it was not possible to click on granting the root access, the ok button simply did not respond. So I allowed the default access to "grant" in SuperSU settings and got to install Magisk Manager ok. After that I tried to install AdAway from the downloaded apk and it did not allow me to click the Install button when its installation started... Crap. I reflashed all once again with the same result, trying both Magisk 11.6 as well as 12 with the same result. So tried to flash everything again with Ric on. Same thing!!! What bugged me the most was the fact I was unable to grant root access through the SuperSU dialogue and had to set it always to "grant" in the settings instead of "prompt". Finally after some research I found the bloody reason!!! For a few day I am using Twilight app to reduce the blue light emission in the evening. It is an overlay WHICH CAUSED ALL THE PROBLEMS!!! SuperSU is actually prepared for that and it can be solved in the settings by disabling the Tapjacking protection! Well, it fixed my major concern yet still it was not possible to click the Install button for AdAway, however as I already knew which direction to look I paused Twilight (it actually has a 1 minute pause in its menu) and voila: AdAway installed. So I clicked the Download and apply and it works like a breeze.

Summary: if you don't get trapped by Twilight the AdAway indeed works with SuperSU from the guide, Magisk v12 and Sony Ric off.

It's one minute to midnight here. Bye-bye guys... :angel:

Last edited:
Reactions: halfvast

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do not work with Nougat 7.1.1 / 32.4.A.0.160 (Bootloop)
    New TWRP (You dont need otg and mouse anymore!):
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120733410 (thanks to andralex8!)

GUIDE UPDATED, TESTED AND SIMPLIFIED 15.2.2017 (thanks to munjeni)
    Tested with Saudi Arabia, Germany and Nordic (.378) firmwares

I managed to get my Xperia Z4 Tablet (SGP771) LTE model to have root, TWRP-recovery*, munjenis DRM fix and Adaway working with Nougat firmware (Saudi Arabia). I will share steps that I have done with my own tablet. If this guide brick your device or something goes wrong, I am not responsible for loss of your device. Use this guide only with your own RISK!

This tutorial is not for beginners. You need to have working adb installed yout pc, unlocked tablet, sonys special driver for fastboot. and TA backup (example TA-21062016.img). Use only this tutorial with Sony USB-cable.

*To get TWRP working, you need: OTG-cable and a mouse with wire or wireless mouse with a dongle.

0. Download Nougat 32.3.A.0.376 (Saudi Arabia) firmware with Xperiafirm 32.3.A.0376. to your PC
    1. Flash Nougat 32.3.A.0.376 (Saudi Arabia) with Flashtool 0.9.23.2.
    2. Boot your device and enable Developer settings from setting
    3. Enable USB debugging setting from Developer settings
    4. Download Supersu and Magisk to your device:
    https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/supersu/download/zip/SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip
    http://tiny.cc/latestmagisk
    5. Shutdown your device
    6. Download munjenis DRM fix and serajr script package v2 to your pc:
    http://munjeni.myiphost.com/ta_poc.rar
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70959962&postcount=65
    7. Decompress files from munjeni and serajir to same folder.
    8. Extract kernel.sin from your nougat firmware ftf (You can use 7zip to do this). Copy it to same folder with DRM fix. Rename kernel.sin to kernelX.sin
    9. Copy your TA backup to same folder with DRM fix and rename it TA.img
    10. Open Cmd with admistrator persimmions and use DOUBLECLICKME_NOUGAT.bat (search cmd rght mouseclick use admistrator).
    11. Follow munjenis tool tutorial: You can choose if you want Sony Ric off. I left it on but turned dm verity off.
    12. Download TWRP: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0j3VJ1Xp5N8cnhQamtxRWVtRmc
    13. Press vol up and connect your device to pc to use fastboot. Use command: fastboot flash boot new_boot.img
    14. After that use command: fastboot flash recovery TWRP-3.0.2-0-20160604.img
    15. Disconnect your device and put otg-cable to tablets usb and connect mouse to otg-cable.
    16. Press vol down + power to boot to TWRP. Touchscreen is not workin but you can use your mouse to navigate in TWRP!
    17. Allow TWRP to make changes to your device and flash Supersu 2.79 and Magisk 11.1.
    18 Boot your device and install magisk manager from the play store.
    19. Enable from magisk manager settings: busybox, magisk hide and systemless hosts and Install Adaway (Will not work without Magisk, strange).

I have not managed to get my CTS profile approved but that is not major issue if not playing with Pokemon go (You can use magisk to detect this).

Note1 : Change LTE to 1 priority from mobile setting. Default for SA firmware is GSM :)
    Note2: If you have already tried rootkernel to get drm working; do a full wipe and reflash firmware with flashtool. Rootkernel messes something. Tablet do not boot if you have used rootkernel and after that try to use munjenis DRM fix.
    Note3: Magisk 11.1 wont work with Xperia Z4 Tablet without Supersu. So flash Supersu first and Magisk 11.1 after that
    Note4: You cannot boot to TWRP by using root and reboot to recovery apps. You need to boot to the recovery with keycommand voldown+power

I hope this guide helps some fellow flashers :D

Special thanks for
    munjeni
    serajr
    Chainfire
    Androplus
    topjohnwu
    Teamwin
    Androxyde
    mrRobinson

If I forgot someone I am truly sorry!

1zyfzn8.png
    I am not sure. You need atleast a correct TWRP. You can try if You dare with your own RISK :D

But I doubt that it wont work..
    Guide updated and simplificed 15.2.2017. Thanks to munjeni! :)
    Step 8 says Extract kernel.sin from your nougat firmware copy it to same folder with DRM fix. Rename kernel.sin to kernelX.sin. Do I have to extract that from the ftf or my Nougat firmware im currently using? Also does the ftf have to be that region?

You need to extract it from ftf-image. I used 7zip. My device was Nee with stock. I used DE with Marshmallow and I am currently using Saudi Arabia. So I dont think it will matter, which kernel you use with your device. But I would use same kernel version with rom. So If you are using Saudi Arabia rom use Saudi Arabia kernel. For Russia rom use Russia kernel, and so on :)

I will add tft-image extract to tutorial!
    Works with latest Nordic .378 :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone