[GUIDE] OnePlus 8 5G ..TMobile..(IN2017) bootloader unlock instant

Search This thread

mehdi.shah

Account currently disabled
Dec 8, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
Im stuck in this part, my option to turn on oem unlocking is greyed out and i downloaded the files from the links provided. Started with android 11 to 10 and in 10 OEM is not available and when i do the unlock.ops it loops me in the fastboot
Bruh... You aren't following procedure properly... When you downgrade your phone to android 10 and developer option is grayed out... You have to reboot phone in edl and MSMdownload unlock.ops... at this point it will loops in fastboot here you have to flash fastboot rom

Last edited:

mutazo

Sep 29, 2018
Hello. I have been following all the steps but it gives me this error: FAILED (remote: Flashing Unlock is not allowed), thanks

Reactions: rfeeykhan

mehdi.shah

Dec 8, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
Disclaimer

While I will assist with any issues resulting from this guide, I disclaim all responsibility and cannot be held accountable for any consequences caused by the use or misuse of this tool or process. This method also will wipe your phone, so please back up your data. I also will disclaim any understanding as to why exactly this works, since this method was developed by someone else, I am just listing the instructions on how to use it. With that being said, understand your personal limits and read this entire guide before starting.
Thanks to the attributed users at the end of this post, to find this method we are waiting for years...👍
METHOD 1:

Part 1
: Requirements:
• To follow this guide you will need
A Windows PC
• Latest MsmDownloadTool for Oneplus IN2017 - Link
• Latest version of platform-tools - Link
• The bootloader unlock.ops file - Link
Plug your phone into your PC using a USB 2.0 port (this is important, USB 3.0 has given me a lot of issues and just doesn’t seem to work all the time) and ensure USB debugging is enabled.
Extract the downloaded platform-tools zip and open the platform-tools folder in a command prompt, and Run adb devices and makes sure your device appears in the list.
Next, extract the instantnoodlet_15_O.16_201001.zip and open up the MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe inside the instantnoodlet_15_O.16_201001 folder.
When the application opens, select “Others” under the User type dropdown and hit next. Leave this window and the platform-tools command prompt open.

Part II: Entering Qualcomm EDL mode and installing correct QDLoader Driver

Part III: Flash Stock Firmware
In this section, we will flash the stock IN2017 Android 10 firmware.
Click the “Start” button in Msmtool. This will flash the stock firmware, wiping your data. Make sure you have backed your data up at this point. It will take a few minutes, usually ~300 seconds. Once it completes, it will reboot into factory default android 10.
Close MsmDownloadertool and once you are back to android, unplug your phone and power it off.

Part IV: Unlock the bootloader
In this section, we will flash the unlockable firmware and unlock the device for good.
1. Inside the directory with MsmDownloaderTool V4.0.exe, there should be a file called “instantnoodlet_15_O.16_201001.ops”. Remove it from the directory, either by deleting it or moving it to another folder. Then take the unlock.ops file downloaded earlier, and drag it into the directory and rename it to instantnoodlet_15_O.16_201001.ops . It should be in the same folder as MsmDownloaderTool.

2. Reopen MsmDownloaderTool V4.0.exe and like before, select “Others” in the drop down, and click next. Leave the window open.
3. Hold in the Volume up and down buttons, then plug your phone back in. Keep holding the buttons until your phone connects to your PC as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008", like before. Check device manager to ensure that it’s connected correctly as a COM port. If it boots to android, power it off and try again.
4. Return to MsmDownloaderTool. Make sure the phone is still displayed in the list under the associated COM Port.
5. Click start. The flashing should take about 15 seconds, and when complete, your phone should restart. It will display a message at boot saying “<!> The device is corrupt..” Do not panic, this is normal.
6. Unplug your phone and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power until the device reboots and let go once it shows the OnePlus Logo and “Fastboot Mode”. You should arrive at a screen that has “Start” in big green letters at the top, and “Fastboot mode” below it, with the very last item saying “Device state - Locked” in red text.
Plug your phone back into your computer.
7. Return to your command prompt window open in platform-tools, and run fastboot devices and ensure your device is in the list.
8. Finally, run the command "fastboot flashing unlock", it should prompt you to confirm unlocking the bootloader. Once complete, it should reboot into Android.
9. Shut the phone off again, and then Hold Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power and let go when the OnePlus logo and “Fastboot mode” shows up on screen. If the final item in the list says “Device State - Unlocked”, Congrats! You have successfully unlocked your bootloader. You can follow your custom OS’s installation guide from here.

If you want to flash back to stock firmware again (relock bootloader), you have to first flash this file (stock.ops) and then flash the bundled stock firmware. It will give a mismatch error if you do not.
Not working... Afyer
Disclaimer

While I will assist with any issues resulting from this guide, I disclaim all responsibility and cannot be held accountable for any consequences caused by the use or misuse of this tool or process. This method also will wipe your phone, so please back up your data. I also will disclaim any understanding as to why exactly this works, since this method was developed by someone else, I am just listing the instructions on how to use it. With that being said, understand your personal limits and read this entire guide before starting.
Thanks to the attributed users at the end of this post, to find this method we are waiting for years...👍
METHOD 1:

Part 1
A Windows PC
Plug your phone into your PC using a USB 2.0 port (this is important, USB 3.0 has given me a lot of issues and just doesn’t seem to work all the time) and ensure USB debugging is enabled.
Extract the downloaded platform-tools zip and open the platform-tools folder in a command prompt, and Run adb devices and makes sure your device appears in the list.
Next, extract the instantnoodlet_15_O.16_201001.zip and open up the MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe inside the instantnoodlet_15_O.16_201001 folder.
When the application opens, select “Others” under the User type dropdown and hit next. Leave this window and the platform-tools command prompt open.

Click the “Start” button in Msmtool. This will flash the stock firmware, wiping your data. Make sure you have backed your data up at this point. It will take a few minutes, usually ~300 seconds. Once it completes, it will reboot into factory default android 10.
Close MsmDownloadertool and once you are back to android, unplug your phone and power it off.

In this section, we will flash the unlockable firmware and unlock the device for good.
1. Inside the directory with MsmDownloaderTool V4.0.exe, there should be a file called “instantnoodlet_15_O.16_201001.ops”. Remove it from the directory, either by deleting it or moving it to another folder. Then take the unlock.ops file downloaded earlier, and drag it into the directory and rename it to instantnoodlet_15_O.16_201001.ops . It should be in the same folder as MsmDownloaderTool.

2. Reopen MsmDownloaderTool V4.0.exe and like before, select “Others” in the drop down, and click next. Leave the window open.
3. Hold in the Volume up and down buttons, then plug your phone back in. Keep holding the buttons until your phone connects to your PC as "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008", like before. Check device manager to ensure that it’s connected correctly as a COM port. If it boots to android, power it off and try again.
4. Return to MsmDownloaderTool. Make sure the phone is still displayed in the list under the associated COM Port.
5. Click start. The flashing should take about 15 seconds, and when complete, your phone should restart. It will display a message at boot saying “<!> The device is corrupt..” Do not panic, this is normal.
6. Unplug your phone and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power until the device reboots and let go once it shows the OnePlus Logo and “Fastboot Mode”. You should arrive at a screen that has “Start” in big green letters at the top, and “Fastboot mode” below it, with the very last item saying “Device state - Locked” in red text.
7. Return to your command prompt window open in platform-tools, and run fastboot devices and ensure your device is in the list.
8. Finally, run the command "fastboot flashing unlock", it should prompt you to confirm unlocking the bootloader. Once complete, it should reboot into Android.
9. Shut the phone off again, and then Hold Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power and let go when the OnePlus logo and “Fastboot mode” shows up on screen. If the final item in the list says “Device State - Unlocked”, Congrats! You have successfully unlocked your bootloader. You can follow your custom OS’s installation guide from here.

If you want to flash back to stock firmware again (relock bootloader), you have to first flash this file (stock.ops) and then flash the bundled stock firmware. It will give a mismatch error if you do not.
Not working sir. After flashing android 10 with msmtool and booting android... Oem unlock option is grayed out and i have to give it internet connection to enable it... After enabling oem unlock option... I again put my phone in edl and flashed unlock.ops and after successful flash it loops me back to fastboot.. and in fastboot if i enter command " fastboot flashing unlock" it throw back back error saying " failed ( remote : flashing unlock not allowed ( THW.) "

badshah99

Jul 2, 2016
Pakistan
OnePlus 8
Not working... Afyer

Not working sir. After flashing android 10 with msmtool and booting android... Oem unlock option is grayed out and i have to give it internet connection to enable it... After enabling oem unlock option... I again put my phone in edl and flashed unlock.ops and after successful flash it loops me back to fastboot.. and in fastboot if i enter command " fastboot flashing unlock" it throw back back error saying " failed ( remote : flashing unlock not allowed ( THW.) "
Flash 11 msm and try on 11 if works then make it on 10

Daniha

Nov 25, 2022
OnePlus 9
I also test & confirm Its not workable for me actually There's Somekinda hw change's in op8 tmo few device's will get pass and few get stuck on FB mode

mehdi.shah

Dec 8, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
I also test & confirm Its not workable for me actually There's Somekinda hw change's in op8 tmo few device's will get pass and few get stuck on FB mode
I successfully unlocked bootloader and also converted to global dual sim.. this method never worked for me.. i used a different method to unlock bootloader...
... It was a bumpy ride pheww but it worked...

Last edited:

dlhxr

May 26, 2011
New York City
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
I successfully unlocked bootloader and also converted to global dual sim.. this method never worked for me.. i used a different method to unlock bootloader...
... It was a bumpy ride pheww but it worked...
For the previous problem, try to unlock with your unlock.bin and then flash unlock.ops. I see a op 8 throws the THW thing and solved by this.

And may I ask what the bumby ride is? Could you explain it briefly?

mehdi.shah

Dec 8, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
For the previous problem, try to unlock with your unlock.bin and then flash unlock.ops. I see a op 8 throws the THW thing and solved by this.

And may I ask what the bumby ride is? Could you explain it briefly?
Hold on a sec... This whole thing is about bootloader unlock without having unlock.bin.. if we have unlock.bin then why would we need this unlock.ops file??

mehdi.shah

Dec 8, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
I see your point. Maybe for me, it's more about dual sim. So how did you manage to unlock without unlock.bin?
Yeah so some one gave me some partitions from unlocked verizon op8 and i flashed those partitions one by one in edl mode.. and yes i was using LINUX operating system..that method only worked in linux os... Now msm tool recognize my device as verizon

dlhxr

May 26, 2011
New York City
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
Yeah so some one gave me some partitions from unlocked verizon op8 and i flashed those partitions one by one in edl mode.. and yes i was using LINUX operating system..that method only worked in linux os... Now msm tool recognize my device as verizon
I saw those files and yeah it's a complicated process. I got a "Oneplus protection with prjid 18821 detected“ when trying to enable the oem-unlock without internet by the edl tool and then gave up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer

METHOD 1:

Part 1
    A Windows PC

thank you very much i successfully unlocked my bootloader by this method it worked great
    there were two problems I faced,
    First was The bootloader unlock.ops file link was broken

The Second was param preload in the MSM tool

first was resolved by the reply section one of the kind person have earlier downloaded and uploaded here

2nd was solved by updating qualcomm drivers update by going into the window update section then optional update then driver update and then I found "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008"

There was another problem I faced in the last stage for unlocking the bootloader that "fastboot flashing unlock" command doesn't work for all devices so you can also use this command "fastboot oem unlock"
    here are some threads I got help with during this process to completely understand the process.

now I have an unlocked bootloader and I can flash any kind of room with the Fastboot method
    for more help to the new on this thread I am again posting unlock.ops file here
    Hi , all.
    Please update download link for this "unlock.ops file"
    I attached one I downloaded from this thread a few days ago. Never got it to work right though, just FYI.
    Did anyone tried on Oneplus 8 IN 2017, Is it working
    Yes...i converted mine IN2017 without token..also using dual sims now
    Look what it tells me, I don't know if it can be unlocked from the network. If you know how to unlock the network, can you please tell me?

Look what it tells me, I don't know if it can be unlocked from the network. If you know how to unlock the network, can you please tell me?