[GUIDE][OP7][9.0/10.0/11.0] Unlock Bootloader | TWRP | Root with Magisk | Update

Search This thread

pgomes2000

Sep 1, 2008
Hi think i brick my phone :(

I'm not able to see the internal storage at TWRP, so I tried to flash "twrp-3.3.1-79-guacamole-unified-Q-mauronofrio.img" via USB Storage, to see it solves the problem.
I choosed the patition "Install Recovery Ramdisk", but I think i did i mistake here, because since this flash i loose my Vodafone network connection!!!

Then i tried to flash the latest Beta for OnePlus 7 "OnePlus7Oxygen_14.P.27_OTA_027_all_2005192126_ec13d116c6f44918.zip", and this flash the phone stays for ever on the boot animation.

I Already format the partition data, system, vendor etc, but also with the boot loop.

I Also tried another ROM https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7/development/rom-evolution-x-4-20-1-t4086811 but still the same problem!!!

Anybody can help me PLEASE!!!!

Thank you very much.

pgomes2000

Sep 1, 2008
Hi think i brick my phone :(

I'm not able to see the internal storage at TWRP, so I tried to flash "twrp-3.3.1-79-guacamole-unified-Q-mauronofrio.img" via USB Storage, to see it solves the problem.
I choosed the patition "Install Recovery Ramdisk", but I think i did i mistake here, because since this flash i loose my Vodafone network connection!!!

Then i tried to flash the latest Beta for OnePlus 7 "OnePlus7Oxygen_14.P.27_OTA_027_all_2005192126_ec13d116c6f44918.zip", and this flash the phone stays for ever on the boot animation.

I Already format the partition data, system, vendor etc, but also with the boot loop.

I Also tried another ROM https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7/development/rom-evolution-x-4-20-1-t4086811 but still the same problem!!!

Thank you very much.

I try this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7/how-to/rom-stock-fastboot-roms-oneplus-7-t3937478 but still no luck.
Now i have in the boot:
QUALCOMM CrashDump Mode
dm-verity device corrupted Force Dump kernel_restart

HELP please!!!!

thanks

strongst

Senior Moderator / Developer Committee
Staff member
  • Hi think i brick my phone :(

Thank you very much.

You should post the steps you did and the files you flashed along with the previous OS you used before. Personally I had issues with magisk 20.4 so I used 19.3. Also format the internal storage before the first boot is a good idea.
    I try this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7/how-to/rom-stock-fastboot-roms-oneplus-7-t3937478 but still no luck.
    Now i have in the boot:
    QUALCOMM CrashDump Mode
    dm-verity device corrupted Force Dump kernel_restart

HELP please!!!!

thanks
    But it seems too late now. Did you tried the unbrick tools?

Reactions: pgomes2000

pgomes2000

Sep 1, 2008
    You should post the steps you did and the files you flashed along with the previous OS you used before. Personally I had issues with magisk 20.4 so I used 19.3. Also format the internal storage before the first boot is a good idea.

But it seems too late now. Did you tried the unbrick tools?

how do I unbrick tools?

I already flash the last oxygen, but it stuck on the boot animation [emoji51]

thanks

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

strongst

Staff member
    Reactions: pgomes2000

Ronnie_180808

Dec 8, 2015
    I'm upgrading with method 2 via OTA(15 times never had an issue since Q beta :)) , never had encryption issues. Can you explain what issues you have?
    Do you tried it without the kernel? Personally I don't use any 3rd party kernel. Or do you have other mods?

I seem to have confusion about the flashing sequence;
    during upgrade.
    I usually disable all magisk mods, reboot to system and then reboot to recovery for upgrading
    I do use custom kernel but I don't usually flash it with the rom upgrade, until one successful boot to system.
    Only if the system boots properly then I flash the kernel and re-enable the previously disabled magisk modules.
    Anyways, I was mostly concerned with messing up decryption, since I feel like I dont understand all that so clearly.:confused:
    That being said, I just needed someone who has successfully applied upgrades without loosing/messing up decryption.
    Encryption issues include unsuccessful attempt of maintaining decryption after an attempt to upgrade in a decrypted storage leading to corruption/format of internal storage and then having to simply re-copy backup from pc.
    Thanks for your help and response. I'll try the method you suggested and let you know if I end up in issues.
    I'll also uninstall magisk modules this time before upgradation and follow each step to the word.:fingers-crossed::good:

Last edited:

tzic

Apr 17, 2010
    www.myhome.gr
    I got these errors, any ideas what is causing them?

PS D:\tmp\platform-tools> adb reboot bootloader
    PS D:\tmp\platform-tools> fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-0-guacamole-unified-Q-mauronofrio.img
    downloading 'boot.img'...
    FAILED (data transfer failure (Too many links))
    finished. total time: 0.624s
    PS D:\tmp\platform-tools> fastboot boot twrp.img
    FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))
    finished. total time: 5.028s
    PS D:\tmp\platform-tools>

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     [/QUOTE][COLOR="Silver"]

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------[/SIZE]

[/COLOR]I tried again and it worked but.... inside twrp SDCARD was empty, there was no folder downloads so I had to connect a usb stick. I installed twrp and I got some erros about partitions. Then I installed magisk, errors again. And now it boots to twrp

What am I doing wrong? I follow all the steps as described in the tutorials... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When I try to WIPE from inside twrp i get more error messages

updating partition details
    failed to mount /system_root - invalid argument
    failed to mount /vendor - invalid argument
    failed to mount storage
    failed to mount /data - invalid argument
    etc
    unable to mount storage

Last edited:

strongst

Staff member
  • I got these errors, any ideas what is causing them?

PS D:\tmp\platform-tools> adb reboot bootloader
    PS D:\tmp\platform-tools> fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-0-guacamole-unified-Q-mauronofrio.img
    FAILED (data transfer failure (Too many links))
    finished. total time: 0.624s
    PS D:\tmp\platform-tools> fastboot boot twrp.img
    FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))
    finished. total time: 5.028s
    PS D:\tmp\platform-tools>

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

I tried again and it worked but.... inside twrp SDCARD was empty, there was no folder downloads so I had to connect a usb stick. I installed twrp and I got some erros about partitions. Then I installed magisk, errors again. And now it boots to twrp

What am I doing wrong? I follow all the steps as described in the tutorials... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When I try to WIPE from inside twrp i get more error messages

updating partition details
    failed to mount /system_root - invalid argument
    failed to mount /vendor - invalid argument
    failed to mount storage
    failed to mount /data - invalid argument
    etc
    unable to mount storage
    Try to format internal storage and use twrp 3.3.1-79 for example.

wiz.wiz

Oct 29, 2013
    Toulouse
    www.tournoidesdieux.fr
    Hi,
    my wife installed the application "mywellness" which refuses to run because the phone is rooted or has an unlocked bootloader or has a custom ROM.
    Actually she had updated the phone and lost root (but magisk mgr app was still installed), and the app refused to execute for the above reason
    The bootloader is unlocked and xXx is installed on the OOS ROM.
    I reinstalled TWRP & magisk, and selected in magisk hide to hide it to mywellness.
    Do you know if an application can check whether a phone is bootloader unlocked ? Can it also see that the phone is rooted although magisk is hidden from it ?
    thanks !

strongst

Staff member
  • Hi,
    my wife installed the application "mywellness" which refuses to run because the phone is rooted or has an unlocked bootloader or has a custom ROM.
    Actually she had updated the phone and lost root (but magisk mgr app was still installed), and the app refused to execute for the above reason
    The bootloader is unlocked and xXx is installed on the OOS ROM.
    I reinstalled TWRP & magisk, and selected in magisk hide to hide it to mywellness.
    Do you know if an application can check whether a phone is bootloader unlocked ? Can it also see that the phone is rooted although magisk is hidden from it ?
    thanks !
    Hello, this can be checked by apps, especially banking apps, even if you hide them with magisk hide. I don't know if that's the case for the app you mentioned.

yesca213

Jan 4, 2011
    Ok, its been a while for me posting, but i'm stuck. Maybe someone here may have an answer. OP 7 1900 Chinese variant. ive been running stock rom since new with bootloader unlocked, TWRP installed and Magisk. I was on android 10 and have had no problems doing OTA's and running TWRP retention script and magisk to retain root. All was glorious..... Then came android 11 update. I had failed to update to latest magisk, and was still running 20.3.... little did i know, after installing OTA and before reboot i would not be able to use magisk to flash these files. I have now lost root.... my bootloader is still showing unlocked. when i try to run twrp in fastboot, it loads black and white screen with oneplus logo and fastboot mode underneath. ive tried quite a few versions of twrp and cannot get it to load. i am confused on the patching method, and i cannot find my exact version of oxyos to pull payload from. any help would be greatly appreciated. i really want my root priveledges back. thanks in advance!

Update: I have solved the issue with magisk, I had to force it to push to partition A using command "fastboot flash boot_a *.img. it is showing I have root now which is a plus. Is there any way I can get back TWRP? I tried to flash it through magisk, but ended up in a bootloop flashing the TWRP start screen. Forced the boot.img again to fix, but no recovery... Thanks

Last edited:

Zobat

• Dec 20, 2010
    OnePlus 7
    Ok, its been a while for me posting, but i'm stuck. Maybe someone here may have an answer. OP 7 1900 Chinese variant. ive been running stock rom since new with bootloader unlocked, TWRP installed and Magisk. I was on android 10 and have had no problems doing OTA's and running TWRP retention script and magisk to retain root. All was glorious..... Then came android 11 update. I had failed to update to latest magisk, and was still running 20.3.... little did i know, after installing OTA and before reboot i would not be able to use magisk to flash these files. I have now lost root.... my bootloader is still showing unlocked. when i try to run twrp in fastboot, it loads black and white screen with oneplus logo and fastboot mode underneath. ive tried quite a few versions of twrp and cannot get it to load. i am confused on the patching method, and i cannot find my exact version of oxyos to pull payload from. any help would be greatly appreciated. i really want my root priveledges back. thanks in advance!

Update: I have solved the issue with magisk, I had to force it to push to partition A using command "fastboot flash boot_a *.img. it is showing I have root now which is a plus. Is there any way I can get back TWRP? I tried to flash it through magisk, but ended up in a bootloop flashing the TWRP start screen. Forced the boot.img again to fix, but no recovery... Thanks
    I am in the same boat i guess. Except that flashing to both boot-partions did not help me to get root. I cant boot into twrp via fastboot boot command and if i flash a magisk patched boot image it does not finish the startup. I can get into adb shell though and su is in there. But unfortuanatly, like i said it wont complete booting up the gui.

Code:
    fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-10-guacamole-unified-Q-mauronofrio.img
    OKAY [  1.263s]
    booting...
    OKAY [  0.123s]
    finished. total time: 1.386s

this is after booting from fastboot into a twrp image. It hangs in fastboot afterwards.

Code:
    :~/android$ adb shell
    [email protected]:/ $ su
    [email protected]:/ #

This is after flashing a patched bootimage, booting does not finnish and hangs for ever with lots of errors in adb logcat:

Code:
    05-08 21:27:06.065  1757  1757 E ion     : ioctl c0044901 failed with code -1: Inappropriate ioctl for device
    05-08 21:27:06.065  1757  1757 E adsprpcd: vendor/qcom/proprietary/commonsys-intf/adsprpc/src/fastrpc_apps_user.c:2588: Error 0xffffffff: apps_dev_init failed for domain 0, errno Transport endpoint is not connected
    05-08 21:27:06.065  1757  1757 E adsprpcd: vendor/qcom/proprietary/commonsys-intf/adsprpc/src/fastrpc_apps_user.c:2686: Error 0xffffffff: open_dev (-1) failed for domain 0 (errno Transport endpoint is not connected)
    05-08 21:27:06.065  1757  1757 E adsprpcd: vendor/qcom/proprietary/commonsys-intf/adsprpc/src/fastrpc_apps_user.c:1206: Error 0xffffffff: remote_handle_open failed for adsp_default_listener (errno Success)
    05-08 21:27:06.065  4120  4120 E libc    : Access denied finding property "persist.vendor.fast.compostion"
    05-08 21:27:06.066  1757  1757 E adsprpcd: vendor/qcom/proprietary/adsprpc/src/adsprpcd.c:48:adsp daemon will restart after 25ms..

one note: I was encrypted before the update to android 11. Could that be a problem?
    Did you make any progress?

Last edited:

strongst

Staff member
  • I am in the same boat i guess. Except that flashing to both boot-partions did not help me to get root. I cant boot into twrp via fastboot boot command and if i flash a magisk patched boot image it does not finish the startup. I can get into adb shell though and su is in there. But unfortuanatly, like i said it wont complete booting up the gui.

Code:
    fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-10-guacamole-unified-Q-mauronofrio.img
    OKAY [  1.263s]
    booting...
    OKAY [  0.123s]
    finished. total time: 1.386s

this is after booting from fastboot into a twrp image. It hangs in fastboot afterwards.

Code:
    :~/android$ adb shell
    [email protected]:/ $ su
    [email protected]:/ #

This is after flashing a patched bootimage, booting does not finnish and hangs for ever with lots of errors in adb logcat:

Code:
    05-08 21:27:06.065  1757  1757 E ion     : ioctl c0044901 failed with code -1: Inappropriate ioctl for device
    05-08 21:27:06.065  1757  1757 E adsprpcd: vendor/qcom/proprietary/commonsys-intf/adsprpc/src/fastrpc_apps_user.c:2588: Error 0xffffffff: apps_dev_init failed for domain 0, errno Transport endpoint is not connected
    05-08 21:27:06.065  1757  1757 E adsprpcd: vendor/qcom/proprietary/commonsys-intf/adsprpc/src/fastrpc_apps_user.c:2686: Error 0xffffffff: open_dev (-1) failed for domain 0 (errno Transport endpoint is not connected)
    05-08 21:27:06.065  1757  1757 E adsprpcd: vendor/qcom/proprietary/commonsys-intf/adsprpc/src/fastrpc_apps_user.c:1206: Error 0xffffffff: remote_handle_open failed for adsp_default_listener (errno Success)
    05-08 21:27:06.065  4120  4120 E libc    : Access denied finding property "persist.vendor.fast.compostion"
    05-08 21:27:06.066  1757  1757 E adsprpcd: vendor/qcom/proprietary/adsprpc/src/adsprpcd.c:48:adsp daemon will restart after 25ms..

one note: I was encrypted before the update to android 11. Could that be a problem?
    Did you make any progress?
    encrypted is no problem as the stock recovery can handle it too. Did you try to flash a stock boot.img from your current system and boot the system?

Currently the TWRP isn't working on Android 11 so you can only patch a boot.img file with Magisk.

I reworked the guide and tested it for Android 11 (y)

Lukalion

Apr 1, 2016
    Darmstadt
    Hello. Im currently on OOS 10 with twrp, magisk, unlocked bootloader. How do i proceed to OTA to OOS 11 and gain root? Heres is how i would proceed but i dont want to run into issues:
    1) deactivate magisk modules
    2) OTA to Android 11
    3) extract boot.img
    4) install magisk apk
    5) patch boot img via magisk
    6) flash patched boot.img via fastboot to a & b

strongst

Staff member
  • Hello. Im currently on OOS 10 with twrp, magisk, unlocked bootloader. How do i proceed to OTA to OOS 11 and gain root? Heres is how i would proceed but i dont want to run into issues:
    2) OTA to Android 11
    3) extract boot.img
    4) install magisk apk
    5) patch boot img via magisk
    Hello,

I did it exactly like(first post) this when I updated from OOS10 to OOS11:

1. [OPTIONAL, but highly recommended]Backup everything in case of issues!
    2. Go to Magisk Manager App and uninstall all modules
    2.1 [Optional]: For some modules(read those instructions) you should do an reboot now, then proceed
    3. Go to Android settings -> system -> system update and hit "Download & Install Now", don't reboot yet!
    4. Flash "TWRP ZIP" within Magisk Manager App like a Module: Magisk Manager App -> Menu -> Modules "+". This installs TWRP to both a/b partitions.
    5. Install Magisk via Magisk Manager App again: Magisk Manager App -> hit install after your Magisk version -> hit again install -> hit "install to inactive slot"
    6. Reboot your device
    7. Reinstall your Magisk Modules(maybe a reboot is necessary)

But you can also do it like this(I've changed some steps from you):

Backup everything including media storage!

2) download but not install OOS11
    3) copy the OOS11 zip from the phones .ota folder to your pc
    4) extract boot.img and copy it back to your phone
    5) install magisk apk on your phone if you don't have it already
    6) patch boot img via magisk and copy the patched one back to your PC
    7) OTA to Android 11 (install the already downloaded OOS11 update zip)
    8) reboot to fastboot and connect the phone to your PC

report back if it was working (y)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I had no issues when updating from A10 to A11 with twrp-3.4.0 or 3.3.1-79 but i think that was just during the update process. If you're decide to install or root from scratch, it wont work anymore and that was my test so i reworked the guide to use patched boot.img until twrp for A11 is available :)

So it's better to go the way without twrp(I'm using other tools for backups and it is more reliable and convenient).
      What other tools are you using for backup without TWRP?
      What other tools are you using for backup without TWRP?
      I'm using Titanium Backup which backups all apps and most setting. Those backups will be synced to a storage off the phone randomly(with SyncMe). That's for me the best way for years cause TWRP backups are always not so handy when you want to restore specific apps or app settings. It's cumbersome...
      Does Titanium Backup work on Android 10 & 11? I'm asking because as far as I know Titanium Backup app wasn't updated since November 2019.
      It works flawlessly(v8.4.0.2) with A10/11 and every other version before. I'm using it since 12 years :cool:
      But there might be issues with backup/restore of specific android and specific app settings, as mentioned before.
      But it's more flexible than TWRP or nandroid backups can be, at least for me.
      Code:
      #include <std_disclaimer.h>
      /*
      * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
      */

Introduction
      This thread is dedicated to newbies and rooting, so if you're familiar with the whole procedure, you're done:)
      Just ask questions about every step and you'll receive help!

Downloads

TWRP Installer ZIP and TWRP IMG: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-recovery-t3932943
      • TWRP Installer ZIP = For example twrp-3.4.0-10-guacamole-unified-installer-mauronofrio.zip
      • TWRP IMG = For example twrp-3.4.0-10--guacamole-unified-Q-mauronofrio.img
      • Check for Pie or Q TWRP IMG! If you have Android Pie, choose Pie TWRP IMG, if you have Android Q, choose Q TWRP IMG.
      • The TWRP Installer ZIP works on Android Pie(9)/Q(10)
      Magisk ZIP: https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

Hints
      • If you need to update TWRP or Magisk, always keep older versions of both in hand(Magisk canary or beta may have issues)
      • Remove your lockscreen protection which also removes encryption to prebvent mounting issues within TWRP
      Before proceeding
      • Your Windows PC should alredy recognized your device with the USB cable
      • Use an USB cable provided with the phone
      • Make sure your Windows Explorer is set up to have file extensions enabled to avoid file name issues
      • This process will FORMAT/WIPE/DELETE your internal storage and every file of your phone, so please back it off your device at first!
      • Also keep a boot.img from your current system in place if anything went wrong so you can flash it via fastboot, see "Rooting without TWRP" for how to get it.

Rooting with TWRP (Android 9/10)

Steps for unlocked bootloader with TWRP AND Root(Magisk)

1. Follow this guide to unlock your Oneplus 7 bootloader(wipes everything on your device, works for OP7 pro and OP7): https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79741564&postcount=2.
      2. Your phones bootloader is now unlocked, leave the phone plugged to your PC
      3. Make sure you have enabled USB-Debugging and Advanced Reboot under developer options(see step 1 how to enable it all) again after the first boot of the wiped device, since this gets reset
      4. Copy the latest "TWRP installer ZIP" and "Magisk ZIP" to the phones internal storage.
      5. Copy the "TWRP IMG" to the "platform-tools" folder from step 1.
      6. Open command window or PowerShell window again if you did not closed it before within the "platform-tools" folder from step 1
      7. Type
      Code:
      adb devices
      to see if your device is connected and recognized sucessfully by your PC.
      8. Type
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader
      to reboot to fastboot mode.
      9. Type
      Code:
      fastboot boot recoveryimgfilename.img
      to temporary boot TWRP, where recoveryimgfilename.img is the name of your downloaded TWRP *.img file, so watch your file name!.
      10. Enter your screen lock PIN within TWRP if you have set it up before.
      11. Allow modifications.
      12. Now you have temporary booted twrp recovery. To make it stick permanently you need to flash the "TWRP installer ZIP" from your phones storage from step 4.
      13. Hit "install" and navigate to the "TWRP installer ZIP" file and select it for installation(dont boot the system now!).
      14. Go back and flash "Magisk ZIP" the same way as for TWRP Zip otherwise your device will not boot!
      15. Thats all, you can unplug the USB cable and boot the device to your system. Your device is now bootloader unlocked with TWRP and Magisk:highfive:

Steps for unlocked bootloader with TWRP WITHOUT Root(Magisk)
      1. Follow this guide to unlock your Oneplus 7 bootloader(wipes everything on your device, works for OP7 pro and OP7): https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79741564&postcount=2.
      2. Your phones bootloader is now unlocked, leave the phone plugged to your PC
      3. Make sure you have enabled USB-Debugging and Advanced Reboot under developer options(see step 1 how to enable it all) again after the first boot of the wiped device, since this gets reset
      4. Copy the latest "TWRP IMG" to the phones internal storage.
      5. Copy the latest "TWRP IMG" to the "platform-tools" folder from step 1.
      6. Open command window or PowerShell window again if you did not closed it before within the "platform-tools" folder from step 1
      7. Type
      Code:
      adb devices
      to see if your device is connected and recognized sucessfully by your PC.
      8. Type
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader
      to reboot to fastboot mode.
      9. Type
      Code:
      fastboot boot recoveryimgfilename.img
      to temporary boot TWRP, where recoveryimgfilename.img is the name of your downloaded TWRP *.img file, so watch your file name!.
      10. Enter your screen lock PIN within TWRP if you have set it up before.
      11. Allow modifications.
      12. Now you have temporary booted twrp recovery. To make it stick permanently you need to flash the "TWRP IMG" from your phones storage from step 4
      13. Navigate to advanced menu within TWRP, click on "Install Recovery Ramdisk" and select the "TWRP IMG". This will patch the boot image which does Magisk otherwise.
      14. Thats all, you can unplug the USB cable and boot the device to your system. Your device is now bootloader unlocked with TWRP:highfive:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rooting without TWRP -> This is also for Android 11 until a working TWRP is available!

Also useful to get stock recovery and kernel --> Recovery is within boot.img on A/B devices like OP7;)
      Refer here for unlocking the bootloader.

1. Download the payload dumper tool to your PC from here and extract it
      2. Download the FULL OxygenOS Rom zip(The version your phone is running) and extract the payload.bin
      3. Put payload.bin to "payload_input" folder o the extracted tool
      4. Run payload_dumper.exe from the tool's folder
      5. Extracted img files are in "payload_output" folder
      6. Now you have your own boot.img for your Rom
      7. Copy it to your phone
      8. Patch the boot.img with Magisk directly on your device: Magisk Manager App -> hit install after your Magisk version -> hit "Select and Patch a file"
      9. Copy the patched boot.img (it should be in the Download folder of your device named something like "magisk_patched-22100_bjjRn.img") back to your PC
      10. Reboot your device to fastboot
      11. Flash the patched magisk_patched-22100_bjjRn.img
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched-22100_bjjRn.img
      fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched-22100_bjjRn.img
      12. Reboot your device. Now you have your phone rooted without the need of TWRP (Check with Magisk Manager App)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update your rooted OxygenOS (Android 9/10/11)

Steps for UPDATE OxygenOS via OTA and keep unlocked bootloader, TWRP, Root(Magisk)

2. Go to Magisk Manager App and uninstall all modules
      2.1 [Optional]: For some modules(read those instructions) you should do an reboot now, then proceed
      3. Go to Android settings -> system -> system update and hit "Download & Install Now", don't reboot yet!
      4. (not for Android 11)Flash "TWRP ZIP" within Magisk Manager App like a Module: Magisk Manager App -> Menu -> Modules "+". This installs TWRP to both a/b partitions.
      5. Install Magisk via Magisk Manager App again: Magisk Manager App -> hit install after your Magisk version -> hit "install to inactive slot"
      6. Reboot your device
      7. Reinstall your Magisk Modules(maybe a reboot is necessary)
      Your device is now updated via OTA and you keep TWRP and Root:highfive:

Steps for UPDATE OxygenOS via local upgrade and keep unlocked bootloader, TWRP, Root(Magisk)

2. Download the full rom zip file and place it into the root folder of your storage(/storage/emulated/0)
      3. Go to Magisk Manager App and uninstall all modules
      4. Go to Android settings -> system -> system update and hit gear icon top right -> local upgrade, don't reboot yet!
      5. (not for Android 11)Flash "TWRP ZIP" within Magisk Manager App like a Module: Magisk Manager App -> Menu -> Modules "+". This installs TWRP to both a/b partitions.
      6. Install Magisk via Magisk Manager App again: Magisk Manager App -> hit install after your Magisk version ->hit "install to inactive slot"
      7. Reboot your device
      8. Reinstall your Magisk Modules(maybe a reboot is necessary)
      Your device is now updated via local upgrade and you keep TWRP and Root:highfive:

If you have any issues, just feel free to ask!
      @strongst you should maybe write in your guide that magisk flash is a must! Without phone won't boot if it's stock.
      There are a lot of people who wanna flash TWRP without magisk. I don't know why they do that it makes no sense for me. :D
      @strongst you should maybe write in your guide that magisk flash is a must! Without phone won't boot if it's stock.
      There are a lot of people who wanna flash TWRP without magisk. I don't know why they do that it makes no sense for me. :D
      I made it a little bit more clear, thanks, that's an common issue across several devices and requested often enough :cowboy:
      Followed the steps, ran "Root Checker Basic", got this:
      Root Checker Basic said:
      Congratulations! Root access is properly installed on this device!

Huge thanks for the guide!
      The device shows up in adb devices but is not showing up on fastboot devices, I've enabled oem unlocking, advanced reboot and USB debugging
      You don't have to enter "fastboot devices", this isn't a step. please explain or mark at which step you stuck exactly :)