[GUIDE] [OSPREY] [MM] 【6.0/6.0.1】Install TWRP, Root and Xposed successfully on 6.0

Search This thread

acejavelin

Recognized Contributor
Sep 3, 2009
Lincoln, ND
Google Pixel 5a
I followed these instructions many moons ago, and it has worked great ever since. However, I just received an update notice from the Play Store for SuperSU 2.76 (Released today). Am I reading an early post correctly that it is safe to upgrade as long as the SuperSU specified in the OP was used during the initial install? As always, I have made a TWRP backup just in case. Can I update TWRP as well (To 3.0.2-r1)? I just like more or less keeping up with any bug fixes / security updates, or is this a matter of "If it works, don't fix it".

I am currently at:
SuperSU 2.65
TWRP 2.8.7.0
Yes on both counts... You can upgrade TWRP anytime, it is not an issue and the latest works fine. SuperSU update should be fine, you will update the app first through the play store, then update the binary in the app, it will install the binary in the same manner as SuperSU is installed currently.

If you are really worried about it, download the latest ZIP here: https://download.chainfire.eu/supersu/ then in your phone go into SuperSU and do a complete unroot, reboot to verify root is gone, and flash the latest ZIP using the manual systemless method.

Reactions: pjc123

pjc123

Feb 7, 2013
www.flaminghellmet.com
Yes on both counts... You can upgrade TWRP anytime, it is not an issue and the latest works fine. SuperSU update should be fine, you will update the app first through the play store, then update the binary in the app, it will install the binary in the same manner as SuperSU is installed currently.

If you are really worried about it, download the latest ZIP here: https://download.chainfire.eu/supersu/ then in your phone go into SuperSU and do a complete unroot, reboot to verify root is gone, and flash the latest ZIP using the manual systemless method.

Thanks...Yes, everything installed without issue. Upgraded my Nexus 4 as well, so all my devices are current.

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
I did two tests now.
First I backed up my current config,then I clean flashed only cm13 (26Jun build to be exact) and then supersu 2.76 stable. As I had expected, it installed in SYSTEMLESS mode automatically.
Again, I clean flashed cm13 and this time opengapps and agni 3.0 kernel too.Now also, supersu installed in SYSTEMLESS mode without the need of ECHO command. So probably we can conclude that the latest stable (v2.76) , just like the betas(v2.71 and v.74) can detect systemless installation fine.

Edit: Attached one screenshot that I'd taken after 1st test.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-06-12-20-34.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-06-12-20-34.png
    171.2 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:

melp57

Jul 31, 2009
I followed these instructions many moons ago, and it has worked great ever since. However, I just received an update notice from the Play Store for SuperSU 2.76 (Released today). Am I reading an early post correctly that it is safe to upgrade as long as the SuperSU specified in the OP was used during the initial install? As always, I have made a TWRP backup just in case. Can I update TWRP as well (To 3.0.2-r1)? I just like more or less keeping up with any bug fixes / security updates, or is this a matter of "If it works, don't fix it".

I am currently at:
SuperSU 2.65
TWRP 2.8.7.0
Thanks for sharing this, great information, and following reply. BTW what rom are you currently running? Thanks!

debopriyobasu

Apr 21, 2015
Kolkata
Why is the twrp recovery for Moto G 2015 not listed on twrp official site? Moto G 2013,2014 and even 2016 recovery is listed. Where the G 2015 not listed in the official site?:crying:

acejavelin

Recognized Contributor
Sep 3, 2009
Lincoln, ND
Google Pixel 5a
Why is the twrp recovery for Moto G 2015 not listed on twrp official site? Moto G 2013,2014 and even 2016 recovery is listed. Where the G 2015 not listed in the official site?:crying:
Because it's not an officially supported device... Yet our "unofficial" version has all the features of the official version, like MANY other devices, so what's the problem?

Sent from my Motorola XT1575 using XDA Labs

Reactions: nickfar2000

Quark^2

Sep 3, 2011
I've installed SuperSU using this guide.

If I read everything correctly I can install the latest Xposed (xposed-v86-sdk23-arm.zip) in TWRP.

Is this Xposed systemless? Or does it modify /system?

I assume that backing up in advance using TWRP is safe enough to recover from any mistakes, right?

acejavelin

Recognized Contributor
Sep 3, 2009
Lincoln, ND
Google Pixel 5a
I've installed SuperSU using this guide.

If I read everything correctly I can install the latest Xposed (xposed-v86-sdk23-arm.zip) in TWRP.

Is this Xposed systemless? Or does it modify /system?

I assume that backing up in advance using TWRP is safe enough to recover from any mistakes, right?
Xposed is never "systemless" but a TWRP backup will restore if needed.

dhruvpatel_9880

Feb 3, 2016
kharghar
For successful root and install xposed I have to flash the listed version of SuperSU and xposed framework or can I use latest SuperSU.zip and latest xposed framework.zip for this device

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

For successful root and install xposed I have to flash the listed version of SuperSU and xposed framework or can I use latest SuperSU.zip and latest xposed framework.zip for this device

acejavelin

Recognized Contributor
Sep 3, 2009
Lincoln, ND
Google Pixel 5a

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Is that a question or a statement?

acejavelin

Recognized Contributor
Sep 3, 2009
Lincoln, ND
Google Pixel 5a
Can I ask , Why you are against Xposed??
It modifies the stock framework... it can cause all kinds of issues. Every ROM developer won't even assist or help if you have Xposed installed because it modifies the system. I have worked on ROM development teams in the past and seen it mess up and cause all kinds of issues, Xposed is a very dirty way to modify a stock ROM (it is only intended for stock devices) and it is often misunderstood and misused, and it is difficult to remove without reflashing the system.

That said, lots of people use it successfully, but I won't just from what I have seen in the past. A good custom ROM has almost every feature that you can access in Xposed, it's not needed. Staying stock is not important if your going to do this anyway, you won't be able to get OTAs or any updates so why bother?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [GUIDE] [OSPREY] [MM] 【6.0/6.0.1】Install TWRP, Root and Xposed successfully on 6.0

1) Unlock your bootloader . for complete unlocking process go here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sw675ipX-ds&feature=youtu.be

IT WILL RESET ALL YOUR DATA.

2) Turn on USB debugging on

3) Boot your device into bootloader mode

4) flash TWRP recovery v2.8.7 r5. http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=11051#downloads

5) Boot into TWRP recovery

6) Flash supersu zip v2.62-3. http://download.chainfire.eu/751/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.62-3-20151211162651.zip

7) After succsesfull flashing wipe cache/dalvik cache . reboot system. If it asks to install Root. DO NOT INSTALL ROOT AT THIS STAGE.

8) wait till Boot finishes.

9) If you want to install Xposed Boot into TWRP recovery.

10) Flash Xposed installer xposed-v79-sdk23-arm.zip. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811.

Thanks for contributors of TWRP, Supersu and Xposed.
    Unable to root stock ospery xt1550. Tried SuperSU 2.65 stable flashable zip. Stucked on bootloop. Any ideas @lost101 ?

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

You have to install the superSU v2.62-3 (installs in systemless mode) OR in the terminal of the TWRP enter "echo SYSTEMLESS=true>>/data/.supersu" (without the quotes) and then flash the version you want, in order to force the systemless install, the only way to get root in the stock rom.
    It worked for me (XT1541).
    i read through a bunch of the earlier posts and here is what i understood, please advice if i am wrong.

my device xt1550, 6.0.1
    download SU 2.62 from OP
    download latest twrp - 3.0.2 r1.img

unlock bootloader
    phone gets reset,
    enable usb debug & copy SU file to the phone memory
    reboot into bootloader
    flash twrp, dont boot into system
    reboot directly into twrp <- is this step possible? if so then how ?
    flash SU within twrp
    reboot into system

now i should have root+custom recovery.
    Your close... But as written you will probably kick yourself later.

1) Unlock bootloader / phone is wiped
    2) Boot and verify operation, copy supersu zip to phone (adb is handy but not for this, it has ZERO effect on fastboot)
    3) Reboot into bootloader
    4) Boot TWRP with `fastboot boot twrp.img` and perform a full backup of all partitions
    5) Reboot and copy the TWRP directory from your phone to a safe storage medium. If you ever need this, you NEED it, keep it safe. I use a specific USB drive for all nandroid backups
    6) Reboot into bootloader
    7) Flash TWRP
    8) Reboot into bootloader, if it just reboots normally, that's fine, reboot into bootloader
    9) Flash SuperSU zip v2.62-3
    10) Wipe cache/Dalvik partitions
    11) Reboot normally. Do NOT install root if TWRP prompts you that Superuser is not found

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    The phone has to have the bootloader unlocked?
    The whole thing will completely reset the device?
    @simonlietar :For No.2, the xposed you flashed is the code that runs behind the scene(at boot). You need to install closed installer app apk and then you get the app in your app drawer. Just check under the framework section. If it has green text with active message, you are all set.

Here is the official thread-
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811

You need this-XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk
    Broadcasted from Zeta Reticuli