[GUIDE] [OSPREY] [MM] 【6.0/6.0.1】Install TWRP, Root and Xposed successfully on 6.0

Search This thread

dhruvpatel_9880

Feb 3, 2016
kharghar
It modifies the stock framework... it can cause all kinds of issues. Every ROM developer won't even assist or help if you have Xposed installed because it modifies the system. I have worked on ROM development teams in the past and seen it mess up and cause all kinds of issues, Xposed is a very dirty way to modify a stock ROM (it is only intended for stock devices) and it is often misunderstood and misused, and it is difficult to remove without reflashing the system.

That said, lots of people use it successfully, but I won't just from what I have seen in the past. A good custom ROM has almost every feature that you can access in Xposed, it's not needed. Staying stock is not important if your going to do this anyway, you won't be able to get OTAs or any updates so why bother?
Thanks for your instructions

karankatson

Jul 4, 2016
OnePlus 8
causing bootloop after rooting

Recently i updated my moto g3 before 5 days. Now i want to root it again. But when i am flashing the supersu zip file via TWRP, it is causing bootloop. I also wiped cache/dalvik cache after rooting and then only i rebooted. But still it is causing bootloop . Somebody help me. I want to root it anyhow. Any solution will be greatly appreciated.

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
Recently i updated my moto g3 before 5 days. Now i want to root it again. But when i am flashing the supersu zip file via TWRP, it is causing bootloop. I also wiped cache/dalvik cache after rooting and then only i rebooted. But still it is causing bootloop . Somebody help me. I want to root it anyhow. Any solution will be greatly appreciated.
You'll need a systemless root. Follow the guide here.

Broadcasted from Zeta Reticuli

samir.saurav

Jun 28, 2012
Hyderabad
OnePlus 7T
I already have a unlocked bootloader device (xt 1550 2gb) with latest updated stock room. Now, I want to root it. I wanted to know that flashing twrp and supersu will erase the user data from phone? Please guide.

acejavelin

Recognized Contributor
Sep 3, 2009
Lincoln, ND
Google Pixel 5a
I already have a unlocked bootloader device (xt 1550 2gb) with latest updated stock room. Now, I want to root it. I wanted to know that flashing twrp and supersu will erase the user data from phone? Please guide.
Unlocking the bootloader erases data, if you have done that already then flashing TWRP and rooting will not erase any user data. Look in my signature for a rooting method.

Quark^2

Sep 3, 2011
What is the best way to update from 6.0 to 6.0.1?

Can I easily reflash stock recovery, uninstall xposed, unroot and then get the OWA update?
Is there a tool for that?

Quark^2

Sep 3, 2011
Okay, so just to be clear:

0. Nandroid / TWRP backup, just in case
1. Uninstall xposed with uninstaller script:
http://dl-xda.xposed.info/framework/
2. Uninstall SuperSU using supersu app
3. Flash stock recovery for 6.0 with fastboot:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
( get stock recovery.img from https://forum.xda-developers.com/2015-moto-g/general/index-moto-g-factory-firmware-images-t3169639 )
4. Install OWA update

All my data is kept intact, right?

Then reinstall TWRP, Root and Xposed as outlined in this guide.
Are the versions outlined in the original post still correct? Or can I take newer versions?

Last edited:

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
Nope. You need to be completely stock to get an OTA. That means absolutely no modifications to the system. Unrooting is not sufficient, you'll have to fastboot flash the complete firmware including all the wipes, then accept OTA.

Data can't be preserved directly, but you can use tools like Titanium backup.

Reactions: acejavelin

Quark^2

Sep 3, 2011
Nope. You need to be completely stock to get an OTA. That means absolutely no modifications to the system. Unrooting is not sufficient, you'll have to fastboot flash the complete firmware including all the wipes, then accept OTA.

Data can't be preserved directly, but you can use tools like Titanium backup.

Oh crap. That sucks. Okay, I'll backup everything with Titanium Backup then.

But that means that I can just directly flash 6.0.1, right? No need for 6.0 then OTA?

I'll just use these instructions then, when I have enough time for restoring everything to my taste:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/2015-moto-g/general/guide-fastboot-flashing-factory-t3187750

One final question: What counts as a modification to the system then?
What is being detected? If xposed is uninstalled, nothing should be left on /system I think.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [GUIDE] [OSPREY] [MM] 【6.0/6.0.1】Install TWRP, Root and Xposed successfully on 6.0

1) Unlock your bootloader . for complete unlocking process go here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sw675ipX-ds&feature=youtu.be

IT WILL RESET ALL YOUR DATA.

2) Turn on USB debugging on

3) Boot your device into bootloader mode

4) flash TWRP recovery v2.8.7 r5. http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=11051#downloads

5) Boot into TWRP recovery

6) Flash supersu zip v2.62-3. http://download.chainfire.eu/751/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.62-3-20151211162651.zip

7) After succsesfull flashing wipe cache/dalvik cache . reboot system. If it asks to install Root. DO NOT INSTALL ROOT AT THIS STAGE.

8) wait till Boot finishes.

9) If you want to install Xposed Boot into TWRP recovery.

10) Flash Xposed installer xposed-v79-sdk23-arm.zip. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811.

Thanks for contributors of TWRP, Supersu and Xposed.
    Unable to root stock ospery xt1550. Tried SuperSU 2.65 stable flashable zip. Stucked on bootloop. Any ideas @lost101 ?

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

You have to install the superSU v2.62-3 (installs in systemless mode) OR in the terminal of the TWRP enter "echo SYSTEMLESS=true>>/data/.supersu" (without the quotes) and then flash the version you want, in order to force the systemless install, the only way to get root in the stock rom.
    It worked for me (XT1541).
    i read through a bunch of the earlier posts and here is what i understood, please advice if i am wrong.

my device xt1550, 6.0.1
    download SU 2.62 from OP
    download latest twrp - 3.0.2 r1.img

unlock bootloader
    phone gets reset,
    enable usb debug & copy SU file to the phone memory
    reboot into bootloader
    flash twrp, dont boot into system
    reboot directly into twrp <- is this step possible? if so then how ?
    flash SU within twrp
    reboot into system

now i should have root+custom recovery.
    Your close... But as written you will probably kick yourself later.

1) Unlock bootloader / phone is wiped
    2) Boot and verify operation, copy supersu zip to phone (adb is handy but not for this, it has ZERO effect on fastboot)
    3) Reboot into bootloader
    4) Boot TWRP with `fastboot boot twrp.img` and perform a full backup of all partitions
    5) Reboot and copy the TWRP directory from your phone to a safe storage medium. If you ever need this, you NEED it, keep it safe. I use a specific USB drive for all nandroid backups
    6) Reboot into bootloader
    7) Flash TWRP
    8) Reboot into bootloader, if it just reboots normally, that's fine, reboot into bootloader
    9) Flash SuperSU zip v2.62-3
    10) Wipe cache/Dalvik partitions
    11) Reboot normally. Do NOT install root if TWRP prompts you that Superuser is not found

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    The phone has to have the bootloader unlocked?
    The whole thing will completely reset the device?
    @simonlietar :For No.2, the xposed you flashed is the code that runs behind the scene(at boot). You need to install closed installer app apk and then you get the app in your app drawer. Just check under the framework section. If it has green text with active message, you are all set.

Here is the official thread-
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811

You need this-XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk