• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] OTA on TWRP

Search This thread

jjsan

Aug 9, 2006
i saw an update on Redmi Note 8T (11.0.9).

I'm rooted with TWRP, so I just tried to update. New update was downloaded into directory downloaded_rom.

phone was automatically rebooted into TWRP, but I didnt know there is update in that directory. I just rebooted device into system.
I got a message that update failed. I click update and started to look for file/folder created during download process. So i discovered directory downloaded_rom in root folder.
phone was automatically rebooted into recovery (twrp) and it was flashing update without my help.

after reboot, device was updated. the only thing to do was flash TWRP (i have paid version of TWRP) and flash magisk.

everything works fine and my phone is rooted on 11.0.9.

i thing, that second file was whole ROM (1.9GB)

Reactions: amir_k555

Vyto-Khron

Nov 29, 2015
Redmi Note 8
title

Was Magisk installed before the update? Since you are saying it rebooted to TWRP without you knowing, were you able to restore stock images before updating? Could you also provide information concerning the update? For example, miui version (updating from vXXX to vXXX)

I'm rooted with TWRP, so I just tried to update. New update was downloaded into directory downloaded_rom.

phone was automatically rebooted into TWRP, but I didnt know there is update in that directory. I just rebooted device into system.
I got a message that update failed. I click update and started to look for file/folder created during download process. So i discovered directory downloaded_rom in root folder.
phone was automatically rebooted into recovery (twrp) and it was flashing update without my help.

after reboot, device was updated. the only thing to do was flash TWRP (i have paid version of TWRP) and flash magisk.

Last edited:

jjsan

Aug 9, 2006
Was Magisk installed before the update? - yes, device was rooted, with Magisk installed
were you able to restore stock images before updating - dont understand this, after downloading update and clicking on install, device was rebooted into twrp
miui version (updating from vXXX to vXXX) - update from 11.0.7.0 to 11.0.9.0

Reactions: Vyto-Khron

Vyto-Khron

Nov 29, 2015
Redmi Note 8
Was Magisk installed before the update? - yes, device was rooted, with Magisk installed
were you able to restore stock images before updating - dont understand this, after downloading update and clicking on install, device was rebooted into twrp

What I meant was whether you uninstalled Magisk/restored original boot img prior to the update because sometimes not doing so tends to result in bootloop (happened to me before). I needed some information before I attempt the update myself. Thank you for replying.

P.S. One more question: All data was preserved, right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.