- Dec 9, 2014
As we all know, camera quality on non-MIUI custom ROMs is unfortunately subpar. But the Google Camera app ported by developers help alleviate this issue by improving image quality. You can learn more about it here.
Android 9, 10, and 11 ROMs. Might work with <9.0 ROMs but I can't confirm.
2. Enable camera2api. There are two ways to do this: manually adding a line in build.prop or by flashing a Magisk module. (link)
3. Install the app. GCam versions from these devs I can confirm working on the 4a (If you do find other versions that work, please do reply below):
Older GCam versions: (less features but more stable)
- scrubber (might not work on newer Android versions)
Newer GCam versions: (more features but less stable for the phone)
Google Camera Go: (basically GCam lite)
• Other recommended versions (not all works)
• Features that don't work or buggy:
- Slow Motion (use Nokia Camera or others instead)
- Dark video recording (may depend on ROM/use Camera Go)
• FAQ's and Troubleshooting Tips