• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide guide PHH GSI FLASH (AOSP 12)

Search This thread

ada12

Jul 2, 2017
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Trying LineageOS 19, Issues so far:
  • Headphones needs the mentioned workaround
  • Green tinted display and black crush (62.0.A.3.131 vendor)
  • Display completely turns off at lowest brightness setting
  • No 5G selection in network settings, defaults to 3G and have to select 4G manually. (Can select 5G from *#*#4636#*#* but unable to verify if it works).
So as a conclusion it works well enough for me to daily drive, also latest gcam from greatness worked pretty well after playing around with noise profiles and disabling force astro photography.
Magisk works well after securizing rom, patching the boot.img and flashing it.
Advanced Charging Controller works well as a replacement for Xperia battery care (AccA from F-Droid is a nice GUI).

(Note: Not gonna try anything Google Apps related since I don't need/want them)

62.0.A.3.137 seems to be coming pretty soon, I'll update this post when they release the EEA firmware and I've tried it out.
*For Green tinted display and black crush sadly its xperia issue need wait next update from xperia ...

For display completely turns off at lowest brightness setting I have fix need edit overlay I will post link here in thread for my mod

for no 5g selection Its look like issue android compiled ( lineage is in alpha development )
5g selected ( NR ) in *#*#4636#*#* work really .

jakobdotcom

Apr 7, 2021
*For Green tinted display and black crush sadly its xperia issue need wait next update from xperia ...

For display completely turns off at lowest brightness setting I have fix need edit overlay I will post link here in thread for my mod

for no 5g selection Its look like issue android compiled ( lineage is in alpha development )
5g selected ( NR ) in *#*#4636#*#* work really .
Have you noticed mobile data sometimes stops working after some time and the phone then needing a reboot for it to work again?

ada12

Jul 2, 2017
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Have you noticed mobile data sometimes stops working after some time and the phone then needing a reboot for it to work again?
I noticed when I change country its no go to network roadming operator ( no network ) . I need go in airplane mode during 30sec and retry again .

After long time airplane I need retry same step > rego in airplane > retry > its work again

ada12

Jul 2, 2017
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Trying LineageOS 19, Issues so far:
  • Headphones needs the mentioned workaround
  • Green tinted display and black crush (62.0.A.3.131 vendor)
  • Display completely turns off at lowest brightness setting
  • No 5G selection in network settings, defaults to 3G and have to select 4G manually. (Can select 5G from *#*#4636#*#* but unable to verify if it works).
So as a conclusion it works well enough for me to daily drive, also latest gcam from greatness worked pretty well after playing around with noise profiles and disabling force astro photography.
Magisk works well after securizing rom, patching the boot.img and flashing it.
Advanced Charging Controller works well as a replacement for Xperia battery care (AccA from F-Droid is a nice GUI).

(Note: Not gonna try anything Google Apps related since I don't need/want them)

62.0.A.3.137 seems to be coming pretty soon, I'll update this post when they release the EEA firmware and I've tried it out.
I fixed 5g network selection myself its only build.prop settings missing no more )

This modules can be flashed witch magisk or extract zip and put all line of system.prop to build.prop of /system and reboot !

Modules contain props for volte,vowifi also ( need wait next phh gsi for be working )

Enjoy !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211128-204434.png
    Screenshot_20211128-204434.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 12
  • NSLENA-V1.1.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 8

lufei

Nov 28, 2021
Xiaomi Mi A1
Sony Xperia 10 III
One additional bug found. The assistant button just closes notifications menu, perhaps we can remap it to something more useful like assistant or even camera.
I didn't manage to get any scancode of the button, but it does trigger an event in logcat.

Last edited:

ada12

Jul 2, 2017
Redmi Note 9 Pro
One additional bug found. The assistant button just closes notifications menu, perhaps we can remap it to something more useful like assistant or even camera.
I didn't manage to get any scancode of the button, but it does trigger an event in logcat.
This button is created originally by Sony for Google assistant , need look for remap something I agree closes notification menu is no very useful

Hans Satt

Nov 18, 2018
Zürich
I've installed the latest LOS19 GSI on XQ-BT52_Customized EEA_62.0.A.3.163 - Firmware following the guide at the beginning, it's rooted with magisk. Worked well.
My problem is that i can't move any icons of installed apps on the screen. It works with LOS18.1 GSI.
Any suggestions?

lufei

Nov 28, 2021
Xiaomi Mi A1
Sony Xperia 10 III
I've installed the latest LOS19 GSI on XQ-BT52_Customized EEA_62.0.A.3.163 - Firmware following the guide at the beginning, it's rooted with magisk. Worked well.
My problem is that i can't move any icons of installed apps on the screen. It works with LOS18.1 GSI.
Any suggestions?
LOS19 is still in the early stages of development. You could try a different launcher such as Lawnchair

Anon1337

Feb 15, 2020
Is 4k video recording missing for anyone else? I can't seem to be able to select it. The GCam posted in a neighboring thread crashes when selecting 4k.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is no longer valid, unless you lie.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, strained relationships,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this kernel
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    GUIDE PHH GSI FLASH
    images

"The goal of Phh-Treble for Android 12 is Bring latest AOSP to the maximum number of devices running Google-certified Treble, with full hardware support
    prerequies

-bootloader unlocked
    -computer for flash

1. Get vbmeta.img from https://dl.google.com/developers/android/qt/images/gsi/vbmeta.img

2. Get A/B GSI (I'm guessing you need ARM64), don't forget to uncompress it you can see list gsi
    here or xda thread.

3. From running Android, do adb reboot bootloader

4. fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

5. fastboot reboot fastboot

6. fastboot flash system system-xxxx.img

7. enter in recovery and erase all data.

8. boot to gsi , fix oem issue treble :

go to phh settings :

qualcomm features > use alternate audio policy

misc features :
    1) use alternate way to detect headsets

2) automatically restart ril

reboot

NETWORK SETTING
    :

*ADD 5G in preferred network settings
    *add props for unlock witch phh ims phh vowifi,volte settings

*install magisk modules NSLENA or copy paste from zip all props system.prop to /system/build.prop

issue : in test stability is good even play store is certificed in some GSI.

*lena devices phh overlay is merged since v400.d base [ december 2021 ]

thanks to :

@phhusson for phh-treble project
    @pepijndevos for overlay contribution
    all maintener of custom phh-gsi
    So is this usable on a day to day basis? Does everything work?
    everything work exept google pay due to attestation safetynet enforced recently by google. I use in daily and all is ok
    You're welcome enjoy )

*Ps : good news android 12 beta boot we will have stable gsi quickly...

Only bug in beta is :

* SafteyNet doesn't pass
    * Battery manager in battery settings crashes
    * Phh settings crashes the first time you open it
    Screenshot_20211016-203749.png
    Do you have any solution for upgrading firmware/vendor without wiping GSI rom? @ada12
    Yes I have already solution

I use newflasher v52 its keep data https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tool-newflasher-xperia-command-line-flasher.3619426/

*need reflash gsi again before reboot and everything is fine I have all my data