Anyone root the Pixel 4 XL from Google Play store yet?
Can the Pixel 3 XL Android 10 root method be used for Pixel 4 XL Android 10 root?
*Update2 (10/24/2019 6:00PM): Factory Images have been released!
They are available at below links. Multiple users say they have root working now.
*Note: Multiple images are listed. For my Pixel 4 XL 128GB purchased directly from Google Play store, the image is the first one "10.0.0 (QD1A.190821.007, Oct 2019)". You can verify in "Settings" >> "About Phone"... near bottom you will see "Build Number"
Potential fix for people with AdAway troubles, here's what got mine to work:
1) Kill AdAway, clear cache + wipe data.
2) Uninstall AdAway.
3) In Magisk, enable systemless hosts
4) Install (or reinstall) busybox
5) reboot phone
6) Re-install and open AdAway, enable adblocking. (you won't have any hosts, this is fine)
7) add one of your hosts, and then apply.
Fixed it for me. You should now be able to add the rest of your hosts. @aNYthing24