[GUIDE] Play Hearthstone on any Rooted Android device!

Search This thread

SethPDA

This guide is outdated!

34hcf7p.png

This guide will help you get Hearthstone running on your Rooted Android device!​

Note: I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus, with 1 GB of RAM, Broadcom GPU, 1,2Ghz Dual Core CPU, and with the settings below, it runs with about 25-30 FPS.

Requirements:
-Rooted Android device with minimum 1GB RAM(I don't think it's possible running it with less than that, but I haven't tested) - Follow Link
-Xposed Framework - Follow Link
-App Settings - Xposed Module - Follow Link
-Latest version of GLTools - Follow Link
-Brain.exe version 2.0

GLTools is a highly experimental program! I am not taking any responsibility if it causes any problem to your device!
Xposed is also risky for use on certain devices! I am not taking any responsibility if it causes any problem to your device!

Follow the steps:
  1. Make sure your device is rooted. You can do that, by clicking on the link from the "Requirements" section
  2. Install Xposed Framework from the "Requirements" section. I won't go into detail, but you should already know how to use it, if not, search for a tutorial somewhere.
  3. Install App Settings xposed module from the "Requirements" section. Also not going into detail. Go to next step after you have it activated.
  4. Download Hearthstone: APK and OBB files
  5. Install Hearthstone and place the 2 .obb files in
    Code:
    /sdcard/Android/obb/com.blizzard.wtcg.hearthstone
    If there is no folder, create it.
  6. Open App settings xposed module, scroll down to Hearthstone, check the box which says "xlarge res" and save it.
  7. Hearthstone now should run just fine. Have fun!

In case you have framerate issues like I did(mine was running with 5 fps at first), follow these steps too.
I would like to add a note here. These adjustments differ from device to device, but in general, it should make the game run much smoother.
  1. Install GLTools from the "Requirements" section and open it.
  2. Search for Hearthstone
  3. Check the first checkbox, which will enable the graphical modifications for the game.
  4. Enable the following settings:
    Code:
    [U]Anti-aliasing[/U] - Disable (force);
    [U]Force 16-bit rendering[/U] - Checked;
    [U]Optimize GLSL shaders[/U] - Checked;
    [U]Enable texture decompression[/U] - All;
    [U]Downscale textures[/U] - 0.5x(won't really affect the appearance of the game, but it will make it run much smoother)
    [U]Use FPS Counter[/U] - Onscreen(this is optional, but I enabled it so I can see how much FPS I have)
    [U]Simple MapBuffer emulation[/U] - Checked;

With these settings, I got Hearthstone from 4-5 FPS up to 15-20 FPS, which is indeed great, and the best of all, now it's playable!
Have fun and have a wonderful day!

Last edited:

RavenEffect

Sep 27, 2013
Skyfire Isle
I have a question:

- Does my Tablet needs to be Rooted in order to open GLTools and lower the fr? I kind of want a smoother game on my Nexus 7 2012 but I wasn't really on the mood of rooting (will do If theres no other choice)

therethere

Nov 4, 2011
Lisbon
No way to have this running on a 512 ram android tablet ?

Would love to play this on my old kindle fire (first gen).

khankk42

Jan 1, 2013
its says folder link not supported when downloading obb folder from mega link.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

SethPDA

Try downloading it on your PC, then transfer all the files to your device. The Mega app still does not support(for some strange reason) mega folders. These can only be downloaded on your PC...

I have not tested it on a device with 512MB ram. The official requirements are 1GB, but if you lower the graphics with GLtools, it might work even on 512MB ram. Try it out

I have a question:

- Does my Tablet needs to be Rooted in order to open GLTools and lower the fr? I kind of want a smoother game on my Nexus 7 2012 but I wasn't really on the mood of rooting (will do If theres no other choice)

Yes, GLTools needs root sadly, but it is capable of "black magic"! It even allows you to run even Tegra games on your device.

Reactions: khankk42

therethere

Nov 4, 2011
Lisbon
Try downloading it on your PC, then transfer all the files to your device. The Mega app still does not support(for some strange reason) mega folders. These can only be downloaded on your PC...

I have not tested it on a device with 512MB ram. The official requirements are 1GB, but if you lower the graphics with GLtools, it might work even on 512MB ram. Try it out

Yes, GLTools needs root sadly, but it is capable of "black magic"! It even allows you to run even Tegra games on your device.

I was messing around with GLtools to try to put hearthstone running on my 512mb ram android tablet, but i dont have any idea what i have to change to set it up... can you give me some tips?

zroxasz

Dec 19, 2014
LG G3

Hey guys ive followed all the steps but when the game loads i get a screen telling me "Sorry hearthstone currently only runs on Android Tablets 6" or larger." any ideas?

SethPDA

Hey guys ive followed all the steps but when the game loads i get a screen telling me "Sorry hearthstone currently only runs on Android Tablets 6" or larger." any ideas?

Step 6.
Open App settings xposed module, scroll down to Hearthstone, check the box which says "xlarge res" and save it.

This is the thing that controls it, so you can run it on your phone.

Dzong

May 30, 2012
Catania
i make all that stuff, but when he started and i try to log with my heartstone acc or press setting icon the game crash down :( why ? :(

jeffreii

Nov 3, 2005
Miami, FL
Hearthstone runs pretty well on my Nexus 6. I might try GLTools to see if it makes a difference but it's probably not worth it. Curiosity though...lol

SethPDA

i make all that stuff, but when he started and i try to log with my heartstone acc or press setting icon the game crash down :( why ? :(

I don't know. Does your device have 1GB ram? Maybe there are some other issues. Unfortunately, without a crash log, I cannot help you.

Hello, Which android versions are supported?

Android 4.0+, including 5.0

Hearthstone runs pretty well on my Nexus 6. I might try GLTools to see if it makes a difference but it's probably not worth it. Curiosity though...lol

Yeah well, the Nexus 6 is a great device itself, if it runs well without GLTools. You can try however just changing ONLY the "Downscale textures to 0.5" option. That makes visually no difference on a small screen like 6"(only on a 10" tablet), and the game should run pretty much just like on a PC.

denshigomi

Feb 14, 2011
You claim this works on any rooted Android device, even mentioning Android 5.0 specifically. But you're using Xposed framework which, as of this writing, does not run on Android 5.0+. What am I missing?

SethPDA

You claim this works on any rooted Android device, even mentioning Android 5.0 specifically. But you're using Xposed framework which, as of this writing, does not run on Android 5.0+. What am I missing?

There is a modded version of Hearthstone which doesn't need the Xposed module. My tutorial is for Android versions 4.0-4.4, but GLTools with modded Hearthstone, is working on 5.0 too.
Sorry if I created some misunderstanding.

j.kimchi

Dec 23, 2014
Trouble

Just follow the GLTOOLS part of my tutorial in the first post, and tell me if it was working or not.

Hey Seth,

I followed your tutorial for Gltools. Problem is when I open it up after installing the .apk, and after I check the 3 boxes, it says "library building failed". It does this when I press either "install" or "install using recovery" buttons.

I have a galaxy tab 3, 10.1, kitkat 4.4.2 and rooted with TWRP.

I haven't been able to find any info on this error on any other forum. Appreciate the tutorial as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This guide is outdated!

34hcf7p.png

This guide will help you get Hearthstone running on your Rooted Android device!​

Note: I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus, with 1 GB of RAM, Broadcom GPU, 1,2Ghz Dual Core CPU, and with the settings below, it runs with about 25-30 FPS.

Requirements:
    -Rooted Android device with minimum 1GB RAM(I don't think it's possible running it with less than that, but I haven't tested) - Follow Link
    -Xposed Framework - Follow Link
    -App Settings - Xposed Module - Follow Link
    -Latest version of GLTools - Follow Link
    -Brain.exe version 2.0

GLTools is a highly experimental program! I am not taking any responsibility if it causes any problem to your device!
    Xposed is also risky for use on certain devices! I am not taking any responsibility if it causes any problem to your device!

Follow the steps:
    1. Make sure your device is rooted. You can do that, by clicking on the link from the "Requirements" section
    2. Install Xposed Framework from the "Requirements" section. I won't go into detail, but you should already know how to use it, if not, search for a tutorial somewhere.
    3. Install App Settings xposed module from the "Requirements" section. Also not going into detail. Go to next step after you have it activated.
    4. Download Hearthstone: APK and OBB files
    5. Install Hearthstone and place the 2 .obb files in
      Code:
      /sdcard/Android/obb/com.blizzard.wtcg.hearthstone
      If there is no folder, create it.
    6. Open App settings xposed module, scroll down to Hearthstone, check the box which says "xlarge res" and save it.
    7. Hearthstone now should run just fine. Have fun!

In case you have framerate issues like I did(mine was running with 5 fps at first), follow these steps too.
    I would like to add a note here. These adjustments differ from device to device, but in general, it should make the game run much smoother.
    1. Install GLTools from the "Requirements" section and open it.
    2. Search for Hearthstone
    3. Check the first checkbox, which will enable the graphical modifications for the game.
    4. Enable the following settings:
      Code:
      [U]Anti-aliasing[/U] - Disable (force);
      [U]Force 16-bit rendering[/U] - Checked;
      [U]Optimize GLSL shaders[/U] - Checked;
      [U]Enable texture decompression[/U] - All;
      [U]Downscale textures[/U] - 0.5x(won't really affect the appearance of the game, but it will make it run much smoother)
      [U]Use FPS Counter[/U] - Onscreen(this is optional, but I enabled it so I can see how much FPS I have)
      [U]Simple MapBuffer emulation[/U] - Checked;

With these settings, I got Hearthstone from 4-5 FPS up to 15-20 FPS, which is indeed great, and the best of all, now it's playable!
    Have fun and have a wonderful day!

I don't know. Does your device have 1GB ram? Maybe there are some other issues. Unfortunately, without a crash log, I cannot help you.

Hello, Which android versions are supported?

Android 4.0+, including 5.0

Yeah well, the Nexus 6 is a great device itself, if it runs well without GLTools. You can try however just changing ONLY the "Downscale textures to 0.5" option. That makes visually no difference on a small screen like 6"(only on a 10" tablet), and the game should run pretty much just like on a PC.

I have a question:

Hi, with the new update hearthstone don't work.. any link for new folder obb or apk? thanks
    Found these

/r/hearthstone/comments/2u5wid/updated_much_simpler_way_to_install_hs_on_your/ -> it's a reddit link

Foud this post, haven't tried it out yet because the wifi I'm on right now is pretty slow, but it should be working ! ;)

(Can't post a nice link because I just made the acc for this post :D)