• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] QDLoader 9008 fix | EDL Mode fix

Search This thread

goldman1993

Oct 3, 2018
Hi everyone,
If your phone does not react on any of yours actions. You may have the same problem. This is an instruction how to fix it.
If you have a last version of Windows 10 you can easily check if it is your case (You will have "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" device at your Windows devices' list.

How to Fix:
1. Download Drivers Qualcomm_QDLoader_HS-USB_Driver_64bit_Setup.zip and install it.
2. Download firmware link1 or link2
3. Install the driver
4. Unpack a firmware archive
5. Power off your phone by pressing Voice Down + Power Buttons (If your phone would be in this state too long the script would not works).
6. Start update_image_EDL.bat script - it will recreate all of the partitions
7. After the script will finish you will see the bootloader
8. Start script flashall_AFT.cmd - it will install firmware to the new partitions
9. Download fresh official firmware from asus site and put the archive at your memory card.
10. Start bootloader
11. Go to a standard recovery mode and install this firmware form the card
12. restart and repeat 10-11 (it will install software at the second state)
13. The problem is fixed. Congratulations!

Common problems:
Exception: System.DLLNotFoundException: DLL "QMSL_MSVC10R.dll": Module was not found. (HRESULT: 0x8007007E) can not be loaded.
Solution: You need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC. Thanks to Genim

Last edited:
Thank you so much OP. You saved my phone. It's been in Edl mode for about 2 months. Now it's up and running again.

Guys if I can add one thing to the OP post .. Make sure you plug the phone in and let it charge for awhile before attempting. Once you get to the fastboot mode it will not allow you to continue if your battery is too low. I understand that you can't tell what percentage the battery is but just let it charge for 2 hours and then do the whole process. I had to stop when I got to the fastboot stuff. And then continue after 2 hours on the charge.

goldman1993

Oct 3, 2018
Thank you so much OP..
You are welcome. It took some time, so I decided to publish it.
I understand that you can't tell what percentage the battery is but just let it charge for 2 hours and then do the whole process.
In fact I can. I intentionally bricked my phone 3 times to write the simplest possible tutorial (my first solution was too long, because I could not understand why the problem was fixed).
I could not implement this solution when I had 6 per cent of battery, but it worked ok when I had 11 per cent. I can guess, that if it more than 10% - it is ok to implement this tutorial.

Last edited:

goldman1993

Oct 3, 2018
I did click it. It opened and closed cmd too fast for me to read though.
It looks like st3wart's answer is correct. I faced the same behavior when my phone had 6 per cent of battery. This problem was fixed as soon as my phone had 11 per cent of the battery. Thus you should try to charge it before starting the script.
Furthermore, if you would still face this problem you can copy files fastboot_.log and test1.txt and share all of logs with us (or just find the error by yourself).

Genim

Oct 10, 2019
error from fastboot_.log:
"Writing 'partition:0'...
FAILED (remote: Warning: battery's capacity is very low)"
I did charge it for 2+ hrs with the original charger though. When I unplug it, turn it off and back on again it gives a low battery error. When I plug it back in, it goes straight back into FastBootMode.
But it seems to not charge the battery for some reason.

Last edited:

goldman1993

Oct 3, 2018
I did charge it for 2+ hrs with the original charger though.
Did you charge it in EDL mode?
For some reasons it did not work for me either. I just booted to bootloader, then power-off the phone and saw the animation of charging. You can also try to flash TWRP (using their instructions) and charge your phone in this mode.
If it does not work - please check your charger.

goldman1993

Oct 3, 2018
When I select power off, it comes right back into FastBootMode. Is there a way to force shut down so i can charge it?
It is a bit abnormal behavior. I'm not sure, why it happens, to be honest. Have you tried to use different cable or charger (I'm not sure what is the reason, so I would try to change something)?

EMJI79

Sep 7, 2014
Paris
OnePlus 9 Pro
As soon as I charge the phone, the FastBoot screen comes up. When I select power off, it comes right back into FastBootMode. Is there a way to force shut down so i can charge it?
Also tried installing twrp, but when I select RecoveryMode it puts me back into FastBootMode again.

Press power button for long time to power off.

Then try flashing every image of that link:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ze...ne-6-proton-kernel-v1-0-t3963948/post80405617

Genim

Oct 10, 2019
Have you tried to use different cable or charger?

I have.
I unplugged the phone and let the battery run comepletely empty until the phone shut off.
Then I plugged it back in and it charged for a minute (could see the charging symbol).
It then turned itself back on into FastBoot and stopped charging again.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

try flashing every image of that link
I did flash them, but for some images it gave me the following error:
FAILED (remote: 'Error flashing partition : volume full')

goldman1993

Oct 3, 2018
Then I plugged it back in and it charged for a minute (could see the charging symbol).
It then turned itself back on into FastBoot and stopped charging again.
Well, we can try to brick it one more time (put it into EDL mode). Then you can try to power it up in this state and unbrick it one more time.
Firstly you need to load to bootloader and write
.\fastboot.exe --set-active=b
Then you need to reboot your phone.
I believe, that you would not successfully load to bootloader (IT would be the same EDL mode), so you can try to charge it in this state or try tutorial one more time. (After a 30 minutes of your charging process you can try tutorial one more time).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,
    If your phone does not react on any of yours actions. You may have the same problem. This is an instruction how to fix it.
    If you have a last version of Windows 10 you can easily check if it is your case (You will have "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" device at your Windows devices' list.

How to Fix:
    1. Download Drivers Qualcomm_QDLoader_HS-USB_Driver_64bit_Setup.zip and install it.
    2. Download firmware link1 or link2
    3. Install the driver
    4. Unpack a firmware archive
    5. Power off your phone by pressing Voice Down + Power Buttons (If your phone would be in this state too long the script would not works).
    6. Start update_image_EDL.bat script - it will recreate all of the partitions
    7. After the script will finish you will see the bootloader
    8. Start script flashall_AFT.cmd - it will install firmware to the new partitions
    9. Download fresh official firmware from asus site and put the archive at your memory card.
    10. Start bootloader
    11. Go to a standard recovery mode and install this firmware form the card
    12. restart and repeat 10-11 (it will install software at the second state)
    13. The problem is fixed. Congratulations!

Common problems:
    Exception: System.DLLNotFoundException: DLL "QMSL_MSVC10R.dll": Module was not found. (HRESULT: 0x8007007E) can not be loaded.
    Solution: You need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC. Thanks to Genim
    After spending hours looking at errors like this one and slow speeds on AFH, I managed to download both files. I mirrored the files in case someone else is having the same problem:

Archive.org:
    - Qualcomm_QDLoader_HS-USB_Driver_64bit_Setup.zip
    - [firmware27]WW_ZS630KL_16.1210.1904.75_M2.6.17.14_Phone-user.raw.zip

Google Drive:
    - Qualcomm_QDLoader_HS-USB_Driver_64bit_Setup.zip
    - [firmware27]WW_ZS630KL_16.1210.1904.75_M2.6.17.14_Phone-user.raw.zip

MD5:
    - Qualcomm_QDLoader_HS-USB_Driver_64bit_Setup.zip: 7cfe9c89637ba0da3de5b8fe8067c352
    - [firmware27]WW_ZS630KL_16.1210.1904.75_M2.6.17.14_Phone-user.raw.zip: b7ccd66c3e2444fe46d063efc51be5a8

Thanks for creating this thread, goldman1993.
    Hi OP,
    I have edited the links into first post for you. Enjoy.

Jerry
    Forum Moderator
    Well, that is not a good sign.

If you haven't unlocked the bootloader or done anything else naughty to it, maybe it's best to let Asus fix it.

Yeah, bootloader is locked so there is nothing naughty done to it. Might be a good idea indeed if it's really one of the defective ones
    Hi checkin1991,
    Yes there is a way. You should connect this contacts inside the phone for a moment.
    17574707.png