[GUIDE] Read SMS Aloud & Respond by Voice When Connected to Car Bluetooth

Search This thread

fireattack7

May 30, 2013
Salem
I saw the other thread on reading aloud the SMS when connected to your vehicles Bluetooth and though I'd share mine for those who want to be able to respond by voice commands. I'm not trying to upstage that author, but giving other options.

Steps:
1. Wait 2.5 seconds to allow your text message tone to complete
2. Read sender and message body
3. Wait 1 second
4. Ask if you would like to reply
5. If "yes", it will ask you what you want to reply
6. Send message recorded by voice

I've uploaded the profile which includes the Task required for this to function.

You will need to edit the Profile "State" section to select the Bluetooth name in your vehicle. To do this, tap on the Profile and select the "State" that says "Connected to _____". Once in here, delete the one I've got selected and select the Bluetooth you want to activate this part of the Profile.

Hopefully this is useful to someone. Let me know if you have questions.

Attachments

• Truck_SMS.prf.xml.zip
    824 bytes · Views: 3,822

XDARoni

XDA Community Manager
  • Aug 3, 2015
    Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
    Vivo V20
    Can you walk me through on how to import this into tasker
    You'll want t export the .zip file to /sdcard/tasker/profiles

Then you can launcher tasker and tap the "Profiles" tab. You should see this menu show up.
    Screenshot_2016-03-07-09-20-28.png

Now select the .xml file and import it.

cqdiep

Jul 8, 2015
    I saw the other thread on reading aloud the SMS when connected to your vehicles Bluetooth and though I'd share mine for those who want to be able to respond by voice commands. I'm not trying to upstage that author, but giving other options.

Steps:
    3. Wait 1 second

I've uploaded the profile which includes the Task required for this to function.

You will need to edit the Profile "State" section to select the Bluetooth name in your vehicle. To do this, tap on the Profile and select the "State" that says "Connected to _____". Once in here, delete the one I've got selected and select the Bluetooth you want to activate this part of the Profile.

Is this the place where I change the Bluetooth?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-10-16-18-52.png
      Screenshot_2016-03-10-16-18-52.png
      83.2 KB · Views: 639

Spungey

Mar 12, 2016
    Sadly...yes.

I'm having that problem too. I just tested it out in my car and I love this task but when it ask me do you want to reply I say yes but I'm looking at my phone and it says could not recognize. Is there anyway to fix this?

Also I had my music playing from my phone when I was testing the text. Does the text when read come from the phone speakers or the car speakers because it sounds really soft. Is there a way to make the voice text louder?

Last edited:

cqdiep

Jul 8, 2015

Steps:
    3. Wait 1 second

How can I modify this to speak other notifications, like from Google Voice or Hangouts messages? And not through BT, just when the phone is used normally.

biff_prince

May 22, 2011
    Is there any way to get the this task to listen for a response from my android wear watch? If my phone is in my pocket I can't reply and that defeats the purpose..

croldan72

Dec 20, 2010
    I like this task, but I can't get it to listen to my responses. So it reads each text that I receive only, but then when the prompt comes up to say "do you want to reply" it doesn't recognize anything I say.

danniesargent

Dec 31, 2009
    Hustonville
    Reply Review

I love this!
    I do have a question, is there a way to have the reply message read back to me to confirm the dictation is correct before sending and if it's incorrect to ask to create a new reply?

Auckes

Aug 1, 2017
    Wont read through bluetooh

my car wont read this through my bluetooth even though im connected. Is it because my honda doesnt support A2dp?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Steps:
      3. Wait 1 second

Apparently it only reads SMS. Is it possible to have it read WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, etc?

Try this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CALWGiG0wJo
      It worked for me for the Google Voice app.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone