[GUIDE] REALME 7 RMX2155 GLOBAL BOOTLOADER UNLOCK

Search This thread

deltafile

Oct 1, 2012
Hi,, is this viable even on the last update?
I have the last android 11 update.
This method resets the phone like a factory reset? (i mean the bootloader unlock phase)

OrthodoxOxygen

Mar 8, 2021
Canada
Project Treble
Realme 7
Hi,, is this viable even on the last update?
I have the last android 11 update.
This method resets the phone like a factory reset? (i mean the bootloader unlock phase)
This method will not work with any other ROM than the ROM uploaded to the MEGA, as some necessary changes have been made to that file - those of which make unlocking the bootloader possible. Also: Your phone will factory reset, as it will for any other device after unlocking the bootloader.

deltafile

Oct 1, 2012
This method will not work with any other ROM than the ROM uploaded to the MEGA, as some necessary changes have been made to that file - those of which make unlocking the bootloader possible. Also: Your phone will factory reset, as it will for any other device after unlocking the bootloader.
So i need to downgrade then?

deltafile

Oct 1, 2012
Yes. I believe you can upgrade after the process is done. Just flash the provided ROM, and follow the steps until your bootloader is unlocked. Then: You can do whatever you want. You could even flash a custom ROM - most of which run off of Android 11.
it's possile to know what changed to allow root?
im a developer and im just curious lol
Maybe i can proved a cool tool to automizem pathing or something like that

OrthodoxOxygen

Mar 8, 2021
Canada
Project Treble
Realme 7
it's possile to know what changed to allow root?
im a developer and im just curious lol
Maybe i can proved a cool tool to automizem pathing or something like that
I don't know too much about what Magisk does to the boot image, but it likely adds its directories, prop file, etc. I'm pretty sure you can find its code on the Github, or - once you have root - you can use a file explorer to find the Magisk directories and investigate from there.

deltafile

Oct 1, 2012
I don't know too much about what Magisk does to the boot image, but it likely adds its directories, prop file, etc. I'm pretty sure you can find its code on the Github, or - once you have root - you can use a file explorer to find the Magisk directories and investigate from there.
I meant what allow the possibility to unlock the bootloader, no the root method.
Wait, os it's just a 'patched' ROM?
How about code signing of the rom? Realme just accept a modded stock rom to be flashed?

I know that magisk patch the boot image so you have root in kernel mode each time u boot, like a hook, so you can bypass securityNet

OrthodoxOxygen

Mar 8, 2021
Canada
Project Treble
Realme 7
I meant what allow the possibility to unlock the bootloader, no the root method.
Wait, os it's just a 'patched' ROM?
How about code signing of the rom? Realme just accept a modded stock rom to be flashed?

I know that magisk patch the boot image so you have root in kernel mode each time u boot, like a hook, so you can bypass securityNet
1) Most devices ship with a locked bootloader - which basically acts as a layer of protection against those who want to install custom software on their devices. Some companies don't mind you unlocking the bootloader (like the Essential), and some do. For those who do mind: An exploit is typically needed to be found in the phone's kernel. This is why you might often see that some phones need you to downgrade/upgrade your OS version to a specific stock ROM in order unlock.

2) It could be called a "Patched ROM", I guess. You are flashing Magisk onto the boot.img, which makes it a part of the ROM. You could then - theoretically speaking - use it accordingly and use it as a sort of patched ROM that has pre-installed Magisk.

3) No. Unfortunately, Realme really doesn't like the idea of you actually using your phone the way that you want to. Most Realme phones rquire that you go through a long process to unlock your phone. For the Realme 7: This includes modifying a copy of the full stock ROM, flashing that ROM, installing device filters, disabling protection, changing your region to "Vietnam" (which is a process itself), and using the deep-test APK for another phone.

deltafile

Oct 1, 2012
(sorry for the typos but i was a little busy while writing)

Yeah i know about that, i come from Xiaomi, Motorola and Samsung devices so i know the full spectrum of unlocking methods (sending the IMEI to request the unlock or simply rebooting in fastboot ).

I was just curious how they bypassed the unlocking ability in the global rom, as far as i know both 2155 and 21251 ships the same MTK cpu, and 22151 has unlockable bootloader.
Thanks again for the reply, i hope this Realme community grows like the others in this forum

OrthodoxOxygen

Mar 8, 2021
Canada
Project Treble
Realme 7
(sorry for the typos but i was a little busy while writing)

Yeah i know about that, i come from Xiaomi, Motorola and Samsung devices so i know the full spectrum of unlocking methods (sending the IMEI to request the unlock or simply rebooting in fastboot ).

I was just curious how they bypassed the unlocking ability in the global rom, as far as i know both 2155 and 21251 ships the same MTK cpu, and 22151 has unlockable bootloader.
Thanks again for the reply, i hope this Realme community grows like the others in this forum
What set apart the RMX2155 and RMX2151 was only the kernel. Hardware-and-software-wise: Everything else was basically identical. This meant that - theoretically speaking - if you flashed the RMX2155 with the RMX2151 software, and made a few changes to the OFP so that you could make your RMX2155 a RMX2151, you could unlock the bootloader (This is what I've gathered from the method. Take it with a grain of salt.). That theory proved to be correct. Like I said: It's not that uncommon to flash different software onto devices using an exploit to take advantage of another exploit. As for the Vietnam region step: I do not know where that came from. I have a few ideas, but I am not sure what led to the realization.

kubsakkk

May 11, 2021
Would it be possible to you to upload the mega folder to google drive? Im having trouble downloading it because mega won't let me because of exceeded quera transfer even tho i didin't download anything from mega in over a month. I would really appreciate it.

OrthodoxOxygen

Mar 8, 2021
Canada
Project Treble
Realme 7
Would it be possible to you to upload the mega folder to google drive? Im having trouble downloading it because mega won't let me because of exceeded quera transfer even tho i didin't download anything from mega in over a month. I would really appreciate it.
Just make a new MEGA account with an e-mail from Temp-Mail so that you can download it. My internet upload speed isn't the best, and I'm somewhat busy for the next few days. I'll try to in the future, but even Google Drive isn't that great of a service considering that it literally shuts down the download link after too many people have downloaded from it. I apologize.

kubsakkk

May 11, 2021
here u go
1620763239426.png

Reactions: OrthodoxOxygen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you think roms made for the RMX2151 will work? PixelPlus for example
    Yes it sure does!
    I'm currently using the Pixel plus rom
    Most (if not all) RMX2151 roms will work;)

upload a87 instead. it work 100%​

another person that i help upload file:
    Got it, thanks again to you and "Albatron34000" for the method
    Hope there will be brave souls to test this method
    It's just ridiculous that version 2155 still won't let you unlock the bootloader
    All that remains is to wait...
    Yes. According to the person who sent me these instructions: It does unlock the bootloader, which allows you to flash Magisk, TWRP, and ROMs. I haven't tried it myself, and this method has only recently become public due to my post - meaning that we need to wait for a brave soul to risk their Realme 7 for further development. Let's hope somebody tries this out soon. I'd be absolutely ecstatic if we could get one or two more people to confirm that it works.
    Got it, thanks again to you and "Albatron34000" for the method
    Hope there will be brave souls to test this method
    It's just ridiculous that version 2155 still won't let you unlock the bootloader
    All that remains is to wait...
    Make sure you give full credit to Albatron34000. All I did was write the guide. But: Yeah. It seems we'll just have to wait for now. If we can get confirmation from one or two people that it really does work: I'll remove a good amount of the warnings, and make the final version of this guide.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone