• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] REALME 7 RMX2155 GLOBAL BOOTLOADER UNLOCK

Search This thread
I tried root on dotos and it was working fine, and I'm trying to root coloros cause its prettiest os I've ever seen, but imo it have to be rootable, no one there said that he has problem with rooting, and I can root it in pbrp but settings app doesnt working
I'm not too sure what to do in that case. You are using the boot.img for that exact version of ColorOS, correct? It cannot be any other.

Yes, I do everything, now I founded the boot.img from installed rom and did the same that before and it again get bootloop, I totally dont know what to do
I'm not too sure, then. Another person was contacting me with a similar issue, so, it seems that rooting a.87 might either be impossible at the moment, or that it might need a different process.

Is there any way to downgrade it to lower version?
Yep. Same thing, just with a different stock ROM. I think you can even upgrade to realmeUI 2.0 and root that, if you want. Here's a guide I found:

vende11

Aug 3, 2021
Realme 7
Yep. Same thing, just with a different stock ROM. I think you can even upgrade to realmeUI 2.0 and root that, if you want. Here's a guide I found:

Thank you for that, I'll try realme ui 2.0 and i'll let you know if itworks

vende11

Aug 3, 2021
Realme 7
Aww ****, before "fastboot boot patched.img" I had to add "fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img" and now it works properly, I'm grateful for your help, Thank you very much for your help <3

Reactions: OrthodoxOxygen

tazz131

Jul 6, 2011
Hello, just tried to do this...Had to cancel the smart phone flash tool - There was an issue.

Now when I try to redownload everything I get an error:

Error Status_brom_cmd_startcmd_fail and then an error code - 0xC0060001
Hint: Please retry the operation
etc....

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the libusb filter.

Phone won't boot at the moment.

Help?

Hello, just tried to do this...Had to cancel the smart phone flash tool - There was an issue.

Now when I try to redownload everything I get an error:

Error Status_brom_cmd_startcmd_fail and then an error code - 0xC0060001
Hint: Please retry the operation
etc....

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the libusb filter.

Phone won't boot at the moment.

Help?
You need to use open LibUSB with admin, uninstall the filters, close it, then reopen with admin again, and install the filters once more. Then, run brom.bat. Should work.

tazz131

Jul 6, 2011
You need to use open LibUSB with admin, uninstall the filters, close it, then reopen with admin again, and install the filters once more. Then, run brom.bat. Should work.
OK, managed to get it sorted out...

Now I'm having another issue - When I try to unlock the bootloader, after I reboot my phone after utilizing the In-Depth Test.

I've been approved, and when I reboot, the phone resets into Fastboot, but when I run fastboot devices, my phone doesn't appear...Thoughts on that one?

OK, managed to get it sorted out...

Now I'm having another issue - When I try to unlock the bootloader, after I reboot my phone after utilizing the In-Depth Test.

I've been approved, and when I reboot, the phone resets into Fastboot, but when I run fastboot devices, my phone doesn't appear...Thoughts on that one?
You're supposed to use the volume buttons. Watch the video that was linked, and it should give you a general gist of what to do. Heads up: your phone is probably going to freeze after you unlock it. Don't worry; it happened to me and many others, too. Just wait a minute or two, and then hold down the power button until the phone restarts.

tazz131

Jul 6, 2011
You're supposed to use the volume buttons. Watch the video that was linked, and it should give you a general gist of what to do. Heads up: your phone is probably going to freeze after you unlock it. Don't worry; it happened to me and many others, too. Just wait a minute or two, and then hold down the power button until the phone restarts.
Yeah. I can't get to the point where I use the volume buttons.

I have watched the video multiple times...hah.

When I reboot from the in-depth test, my phone goes into fastboot, but it doesn't recognize any commands from cmd...

Unless I'm totally wrong, I need to send the fastboot unlock commands from cmd on my windows machine.

When I run fastboot devices, my phone doesn't appear even though it is in fastboot mode...so I can't run the next commands....fastboot unlock, which is where I use the volume buttons...I can't get to that point.

Yeah. I can't get to the point where I use the volume buttons.

I have watched the video multiple times...hah.

When I reboot from the in-depth test, my phone goes into fastboot, but it doesn't recognize any commands from cmd...

Unless I'm totally wrong, I need to send the fastboot unlock commands from cmd on my windows machine.

When I run fastboot devices, my phone doesn't appear even though it is in fastboot mode...so I can't run the next commands....fastboot unlock, which is where I use the volume buttons...I can't get to that point.
Try installing the filters for fastboot mode. Do you have any Windows settings on that might hinder the ability to detect the device?

Marekx3

Aug 27, 2021
Hey I have a problem,
I followed the install LibUSB to the teeth, rebooted, etc. Here's the output when I run brom

C:\m\Drivers, Flash Tools, and Bypass Tools\Bypass>brom.bat
[2021-08-27 11:33:03.448053] Waiting for bootrom
[2021-08-27 11:33:08.514940] Found port = COM4
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\m\Drivers, Flash Tools, and Bypass Tools\Bypass\main.py", line 67, in <module>
main()
File "C:\m\Drivers, Flash Tools, and Bypass Tools\Bypass\main.py", line 27, in main
device.handshake()
File "C:\m\Drivers, Flash Tools, and Bypass Tools\Bypass\src\device.py", line 88, in handshake
self.check(self.read(1), to_bytes(0x5F))
File "C:\m\Drivers, Flash Tools, and Bypass Tools\Bypass\src\device.py", line 84, in check
raise RuntimeError("Unexpected output, expected {} got {}".format(gold, test))
RuntimeError: Unexpected output, expected 0x5f got 0xa0
Press any key to continue . . .

Realme 7 2155 a 74

Any help please?

Marekx3

Aug 27, 2021
Hey I have a problem,
I followed the install LibUSB to the teeth, rebooted, etc. Here's the output when I run brom

File "C:\m\Drivers, Flash Tools, and Bypass Tools\Bypass\main.py", line 67, in <module>
main()
File "C:\m\Drivers, Flash Tools, and Bypass Tools\Bypass\main.py", line 27, in main
device.handshake()
File "C:\m\Drivers, Flash Tools, and Bypass Tools\Bypass\src\device.py", line 88, in handshake
File "C:\m\Drivers, Flash Tools, and Bypass Tools\Bypass\src\device.py", line 84, in check

Realme 7 2155 a 74

Any help please?
Well I figured it out,
You have to press both volume buttons AND power button

Well I figured it out,
Was just the power buttons for me, I think. Maybe the guide differs depending on what update you're on? A lot of people have had issues I and many others haven't experienced. One of which would be when the bootloader unlock freezes when you select "yes": some, like myself, had it, while others didn't. Strange.

River_

Sep 1, 2021
Hi! i have a problem. I did all steps right, but when i open the in-depth test app i get "failed to submit application, this phone model does not support in-depth test" can somebody help please ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey I have a problem,

main()
    device.handshake()

Realme 7 2155 a 74

Any help please?
    Hey I have a problem,

main()
    device.handshake()

Realme 7 2155 a 74

Any help please?
    Well I figured it out,
    Hi! i have a problem. I did all steps right, but when i open the in-depth test app i get "failed to submit application, this phone model does not support in-depth test" can somebody help please ?
    nvm guys, i just switched fron INDIA IN to VIETNAM VN and it works. Thanks a lot to the creator!
    Try holding Vol- and the power button. Once it resets, and you see the Realme logo show up, let go of the power button, and keep the Vol- button pressed until it boots into recovery mode. If that doesn't work, you can try using "fastboot reboot recovery".
    Thanks, that did the trick for me!
    "fastboot reboot recovery" was not available as a command: "error: unknown target" or smtg like that)

Other things I changed that might have helped:
    -download adb v28 like in the video, and was able to use option --disable-verification when flashing vbmeta
    -unplugged cable just after sending the reboot command
    -placed twrp.img and vbmeta.img on c:/ (and renamed them)
    -hold VolDown+Power, then realease Power when "Realme" white logo appears, as advised by @OrthodoxOxygen

I'm now facing problems with flashing a ROM but I'm pretty sure it's because the ROM itself is not on an SDcard. Didn't try Magisk neither yet.
    Many, many thanks for this part!

“I had issue with ‘fastboot flashing unlock’. on option press volume up to unlock it did nothing, after 5 minutes i pressed volume down, yet when i rebooted it was unlocked. just sharing this for everyone here”

The same happened to me and I was already going nuts! This really helped! Thank you!

Also, many, many thanks to OrthodoxOxygen for this guide!

May I suggest that you update your guide by adding at the very end something like: “If, after executing ‘fastboot flashing unlock’, pressing Vol Up does not work, press Vol Down and the phone should be unlocked.”
    Do you think roms made for the RMX2151 will work? PixelPlus for example
    Yes it sure does!
    I'm currently using the Pixel plus rom
    Most (if not all) RMX2151 roms will work;)

upload a87 instead. it work 100%​

another person that i help upload file:
    Got it, thanks again to you and "Albatron34000" for the method
    Hope there will be brave souls to test this method
    It's just ridiculous that version 2155 still won't let you unlock the bootloader
    All that remains is to wait...
    Yes. According to the person who sent me these instructions: It does unlock the bootloader, which allows you to flash Magisk, TWRP, and ROMs. I haven't tried it myself, and this method has only recently become public due to my post - meaning that we need to wait for a brave soul to risk their Realme 7 for further development. Let's hope somebody tries this out soon. I'd be absolutely ecstatic if we could get one or two more people to confirm that it works.
    Try holding Vol- and the power button. Once it resets, and you see the Realme logo show up, let go of the power button, and keep the Vol- button pressed until it boots into recovery mode. If that doesn't work, you can try using "fastboot reboot recovery".
    Thanks, that did the trick for me!
    "fastboot reboot recovery" was not available as a command: "error: unknown target" or smtg like that)

Other things I changed that might have helped:
    -download adb v28 like in the video, and was able to use option --disable-verification when flashing vbmeta
    -unplugged cable just after sending the reboot command
    -placed twrp.img and vbmeta.img on c:/ (and renamed them)
    -hold VolDown+Power, then realease Power when "Realme" white logo appears, as advised by @OrthodoxOxygen

I'm now facing problems with flashing a ROM but I'm pretty sure it's because the ROM itself is not on an SDcard. Didn't try Magisk neither yet.