• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] REALME 7 RMX2155 GLOBAL BOOTLOADER UNLOCK

Search This thread

misiek998

Aug 24, 2010
After following this guide, and switch back to EU EUROPE I cant go settings. When I wipe data my phone turn on only with black screen. So i decided flash it again by SP flash tool, and it helps but my phone model shows RMX 2151, but I have RMX2155 I dont really understand this. How to flash firmwere to RMX2155 and where I can find it?

After following this guide, and switch back to EU EUROPE I cant go settings. When I wipe data my phone turn on only with black screen. So i decided flash it again by SP flash tool, and it helps but my phone model shows RMX 2151, but I have RMX2155 I dont really understand this. How to flash firmwere to RMX2155 and where I can find it?
I don't think you can flash RMX2155 firmware, since your phone is now a RMX2151; and I don't even think you can really find RMX2155 firmware (besides OTA, which is not what you wanna flash, as OTA is an update file, and not a full firmware file.) The guide is meant to convert your RMX2155 to a RMX2151 so you can unlock the bootloader, and then root/flash it as you see fit.

SilentCommand

Sep 14, 2021
First of all thanks to everyone involved for letting untech peple like me unlock this phone (RMX2155).

Everything went pretty smooth and I ended with bootloader unlocked. Only modifications to the procedures:
-had to install ADB driver from Windows 10 database after having changed region. Before that, despite following the libUSB filter technique, the device was apparing/disappearing in Windows Devices Manager
-changing region (sub-procedure) was a PITA since I had no wifi on my desktop computer (used an USB wifi Dongle and had to go to the router to setup a 2.4GHz wifi), so using the sec5 program was difficult to obtain the "OK" on right panel
-got stuck like many other on final bootloader unlocking step, saying "YES" with Vol+ nothing happens. After a while I pressed Vol-, rebooted unlocked.

BUT NOW,
I can't flash any custom recovery. Following the steps the only thing that "fails" is that I can't use the option --disable-verification (fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img)

Using fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img seems to work OK, then flashing recovery seems OK too, but when I want to reboot into the new recovery, I can't.

I tried holding (after repeating the steps above to temporarily flash the custom recovery) Power+Vol-, Power+vol+, Only Vol-, I get stuck on screen "your device will boot in 5s". If I let it rebbot, the stock rom boots up and puts the stock recovery back (which I can go into with normal Power + Vol-)

I tried vmbeta+twrp from this forum and vmbeta+recovery.img (Pitch Black?) from the youtube video. Same result.

I have no idea what to try next! I'm open to any suggestion...

First of all thanks to everyone involved for letting untech peple like me unlock this phone (RMX2155).

Everything went pretty smooth and I ended with bootloader unlocked. Only modifications to the procedures:
-had to install ADB driver from Windows 10 database after having changed region. Before that, despite following the libUSB filter technique, the device was apparing/disappearing in Windows Devices Manager
-changing region (sub-procedure) was a PITA since I had no wifi on my desktop computer (used an USB wifi Dongle and had to go to the router to setup a 2.4GHz wifi), so using the sec5 program was difficult to obtain the "OK" on right panel
-got stuck like many other on final bootloader unlocking step, saying "YES" with Vol+ nothing happens. After a while I pressed Vol-, rebooted unlocked.

BUT NOW,
I can't flash any custom recovery. Following the steps the only thing that "fails" is that I can't use the option --disable-verification (fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img)

Using fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img seems to work OK, then flashing recovery seems OK too, but when I want to reboot into the new recovery, I can't.

I tried holding (after repeating the steps above to temporarily flash the custom recovery) Power+Vol-, Power+vol+, Only Vol-, I get stuck on screen "your device will boot in 5s". If I let it rebbot, the stock rom boots up and puts the stock recovery back (which I can go into with normal Power + Vol-)

I tried vmbeta+twrp from this forum and vmbeta+recovery.img (Pitch Black?) from the youtube video. Same result.

I have no idea what to try next! I'm open to any suggestion...
Try holding Vol- and the power button. Once it resets, and you see the Realme logo show up, let go of the power button, and keep the Vol- button pressed until it boots into recovery mode. If that doesn't work, you can try using "fastboot reboot recovery".

SilentCommand

Sep 14, 2021
Try holding Vol- and the power button. Once it resets, and you see the Realme logo show up, let go of the power button, and keep the Vol- button pressed until it boots into recovery mode. If that doesn't work, you can try using "fastboot reboot recovery".
Thanks, that did the trick for me!
"fastboot reboot recovery" was not available as a command: "error: unknown target" or smtg like that)

Other things I changed that might have helped:
-download adb v28 like in the video, and was able to use option --disable-verification when flashing vbmeta
-unplugged cable just after sending the reboot command
-placed twrp.img and vbmeta.img on c:/ (and renamed them)
-hold VolDown+Power, then realease Power when "Realme" white logo appears, as advised by @OrthodoxOxygen

I'm now facing problems with flashing a ROM but I'm pretty sure it's because the ROM itself is not on an SDcard. Didn't try Magisk neither yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrthodoxOxygen
"fastboot reboot recovery" was not available as a command: "error: unknown target" or smtg like that)

-download adb v28 like in the video, and was able to use option --disable-verification when flashing vbmeta
-hold VolDown+Power, then realease Power when "Realme" white logo appears, as advised by @OrthodoxOxygen

I'm now facing problems with flashing a ROM but I'm pretty sure it's because the ROM itself is not on an SDcard. Didn't try Magisk neither yet.
Use ADB commands to push a file onto your phone's storage after wiping everything via recovery pre-ROM-flash.

Here is how you can do that:

Magisk needs a boot image. You'll either have to scavenge in order to find a boot image for your realmeUI's version, or you can flash a custom ROM, and then extract the .zip via PC, and use the boot.img inside that ROM's .zip file.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey I have a problem,
    I followed the install LibUSB to the teeth, rebooted, etc. Here's the output when I run brom

C:\m\Drivers, Flash Tools, and Bypass Tools\Bypass>brom.bat
    [2021-08-27 11:33:03.448053] Waiting for bootrom
    [2021-08-27 11:33:08.514940] Found port = COM4
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\m\Drivers, Flash Tools, and Bypass Tools\Bypass\main.py", line 67, in <module>
    main()
    File "C:\m\Drivers, Flash Tools, and Bypass Tools\Bypass\main.py", line 27, in main
    device.handshake()
    File "C:\m\Drivers, Flash Tools, and Bypass Tools\Bypass\src\device.py", line 88, in handshake
    self.check(self.read(1), to_bytes(0x5F))
    File "C:\m\Drivers, Flash Tools, and Bypass Tools\Bypass\src\device.py", line 84, in check
    raise RuntimeError("Unexpected output, expected {} got {}".format(gold, test))
    RuntimeError: Unexpected output, expected 0x5f got 0xa0
    Press any key to continue . . .

Realme 7 2155 a 74

Any help please?
    Hey I have a problem,
    I followed the install LibUSB to the teeth, rebooted, etc. Here's the output when I run brom

C:\m\Drivers, Flash Tools, and Bypass Tools\Bypass>brom.bat
    [2021-08-27 11:33:03.448053] Waiting for bootrom
    [2021-08-27 11:33:08.514940] Found port = COM4
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\m\Drivers, Flash Tools, and Bypass Tools\Bypass\main.py", line 67, in <module>
    main()
    File "C:\m\Drivers, Flash Tools, and Bypass Tools\Bypass\main.py", line 27, in main
    device.handshake()
    File "C:\m\Drivers, Flash Tools, and Bypass Tools\Bypass\src\device.py", line 88, in handshake
    self.check(self.read(1), to_bytes(0x5F))
    File "C:\m\Drivers, Flash Tools, and Bypass Tools\Bypass\src\device.py", line 84, in check
    raise RuntimeError("Unexpected output, expected {} got {}".format(gold, test))
    RuntimeError: Unexpected output, expected 0x5f got 0xa0
    Press any key to continue . . .

Realme 7 2155 a 74

Any help please?
    Well I figured it out,
    You have to press both volume buttons AND power button
    Hi! i have a problem. I did all steps right, but when i open the in-depth test app i get "failed to submit application, this phone model does not support in-depth test" can somebody help please ?
    nvm guys, i just switched fron INDIA IN to VIETNAM VN and it works. Thanks a lot to the creator!

Many, many thanks for this part!

“I had issue with ‘fastboot flashing unlock’. on option press volume up to unlock it did nothing, after 5 minutes i pressed volume down, yet when i rebooted it was unlocked. just sharing this for everyone here”

The same happened to me and I was already going nuts! This really helped! Thank you!

Also, many, many thanks to OrthodoxOxygen for this guide!

May I suggest that you update your guide by adding at the very end something like: “If, after executing ‘fastboot flashing unlock’, pressing Vol Up does not work, press Vol Down and the phone should be unlocked.”
    Do you think roms made for the RMX2151 will work? PixelPlus for example
    Yes it sure does!
    I'm currently using the Pixel plus rom
    Most (if not all) RMX2151 roms will work;)

upload a87 instead. it work 100%​

another person that i help upload file:
    Got it, thanks again to you and "Albatron34000" for the method
    Hope there will be brave souls to test this method
    It's just ridiculous that version 2155 still won't let you unlock the bootloader
    All that remains is to wait...
    Yes. According to the person who sent me these instructions: It does unlock the bootloader, which allows you to flash Magisk, TWRP, and ROMs. I haven't tried it myself, and this method has only recently become public due to my post - meaning that we need to wait for a brave soul to risk their Realme 7 for further development. Let's hope somebody tries this out soon. I'd be absolutely ecstatic if we could get one or two more people to confirm that it works.