[GUIDE] REALME 7 RMX2155 GLOBAL BOOTLOADER UNLOCK

Search This thread

OrthodoxOxygen

Mar 8, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S4
Essential Phone
First of all thanks to everyone involved for letting untech peple like me unlock this phone (RMX2155).

Everything went pretty smooth and I ended with bootloader unlocked. Only modifications to the procedures:
-had to install ADB driver from Windows 10 database after having changed region. Before that, despite following the libUSB filter technique, the device was apparing/disappearing in Windows Devices Manager
-changing region (sub-procedure) was a PITA since I had no wifi on my desktop computer (used an USB wifi Dongle and had to go to the router to setup a 2.4GHz wifi), so using the sec5 program was difficult to obtain the "OK" on right panel
-got stuck like many other on final bootloader unlocking step, saying "YES" with Vol+ nothing happens. After a while I pressed Vol-, rebooted unlocked.

BUT NOW,
I can't flash any custom recovery. Following the steps the only thing that "fails" is that I can't use the option --disable-verification (fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img)

Using fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img seems to work OK, then flashing recovery seems OK too, but when I want to reboot into the new recovery, I can't.

I tried holding (after repeating the steps above to temporarily flash the custom recovery) Power+Vol-, Power+vol+, Only Vol-, I get stuck on screen "your device will boot in 5s". If I let it rebbot, the stock rom boots up and puts the stock recovery back (which I can go into with normal Power + Vol-)

I tried vmbeta+twrp from this forum and vmbeta+recovery.img (Pitch Black?) from the youtube video. Same result.

I have no idea what to try next! I'm open to any suggestion...
Try holding Vol- and the power button. Once it resets, and you see the Realme logo show up, let go of the power button, and keep the Vol- button pressed until it boots into recovery mode. If that doesn't work, you can try using "fastboot reboot recovery".

SilentCommand

Sep 14, 2021
Try holding Vol- and the power button. Once it resets, and you see the Realme logo show up, let go of the power button, and keep the Vol- button pressed until it boots into recovery mode. If that doesn't work, you can try using "fastboot reboot recovery".
Thanks, that did the trick for me!
"fastboot reboot recovery" was not available as a command: "error: unknown target" or smtg like that)

Other things I changed that might have helped:
-download adb v28 like in the video, and was able to use option --disable-verification when flashing vbmeta
-unplugged cable just after sending the reboot command
-placed twrp.img and vbmeta.img on c:/ (and renamed them)
-hold VolDown+Power, then realease Power when "Realme" white logo appears, as advised by @OrthodoxOxygen

I'm now facing problems with flashing a ROM but I'm pretty sure it's because the ROM itself is not on an SDcard. Didn't try Magisk neither yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrthodoxOxygen

OrthodoxOxygen

Mar 8, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S4
Essential Phone
Thanks, that did the trick for me!
"fastboot reboot recovery" was not available as a command: "error: unknown target" or smtg like that)

Other things I changed that might have helped:
-download adb v28 like in the video, and was able to use option --disable-verification when flashing vbmeta
-unplugged cable just after sending the reboot command
-placed twrp.img and vbmeta.img on c:/ (and renamed them)
-hold VolDown+Power, then realease Power when "Realme" white logo appears, as advised by @OrthodoxOxygen

I'm now facing problems with flashing a ROM but I'm pretty sure it's because the ROM itself is not on an SDcard. Didn't try Magisk neither yet.
Use ADB commands to push a file onto your phone's storage after wiping everything via recovery pre-ROM-flash.

Here is how you can do that:

Magisk needs a boot image. You'll either have to scavenge in order to find a boot image for your realmeUI's version, or you can flash a custom ROM, and then extract the .zip via PC, and use the boot.img inside that ROM's .zip file.

Moises Barrera

Sep 26, 2021
I found a easy way to make my rmx 2155 to 2151_a.75, but that just worked to have the way to install android 11 with the theme store (that i did not have before).
i don´t know if that will work to unlock the bootloader.
here´s the video, at the comments is the link to do downgrade, to be specific to rollback the versión.
and here is the link to install android 11 with the theme store, i hope this be helpful for someone that just want the theme store and got problems with the app to change region.

Last edited:

jakaco

hi i just attempted this but when i try to install cdc.acm.inf it asks me for admin and nothing happens and when i try to run brom.bat this happens
1633863871737.png

OrthodoxOxygen

Mar 8, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S4
Essential Phone
ok crap i managed to get through that error and disabled the protection successfully but now im stuck on sp flash tool doing this
View attachment 5429827
Can't remember the solution off the top of my head. Try uninstalling (with admin) and then reinstalling (with admin) the LibUSB drivers, and then running brom.bat with admin, afterwards. That should work, I think. If not, just give the thread a quick read-through. Near-certain somebody had this exact issue.

jakaco

Can't remember the solution off the top of my head. Try uninstalling (with admin) and then reinstalling (with admin) the LibUSB drivers, and then running brom.bat with admin, afterwards. That should work, I think. If not, just give the thread a quick read-through. Near-certain somebody had this exact issue.
I did run brom.bat as admin and it worked (said protection is disabled or something like that) but sp flash tool doesn't wanna work now

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Anyone knows how to fix no WiFi connection? I unlocked my bootloader RMX2151 - A10 using only in-depth tool apk, after flashed BlissOS.

OrthodoxOxygen

Mar 8, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S4
Essential Phone
Anyone knows how to fix no WiFi connection? I unlocked my bootloader RMX2151 - A10 using only in-depth tool apk, after flashed BlissOS.
BlissOS was kinda buggy for me. Caused my phone to crash. I recommend doing a full wipe of all partitions (excluding external storage and internal storage [you can wipe intyernal if you want, but not recommended if you don't have an SD Card]), and then flashing a different ROM. CrDroid, EvolutionX, and Nusantara are pretty good.

Reactions: SubwayChamp

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
BlissOS was kinda buggy for me. Caused my phone to crash. I recommend doing a full wipe of all partitions (excluding external storage and internal storage [you can wipe intyernal if you want, but not recommended if you don't have an SD Card]), and then flashing a different ROM. CrDroid, EvolutionX, and Nusantara are pretty good.
Thanks, it's very strange, I flashed other ROM (evolution, OctaviOS), and it refuses to boot normally, it redirects me either to fastboot or recovery, I flashed the vbmeta image, Magisk but nothing.

Trying to flash the ROM through SP Flash tool gave error 00a0001 and installing the stock recovery and flashing an update for 2151 didn't work, so by now I'm bricked. I guess my device model switched to 2155, if I can get a recovery update ROM for 2155, maybe can fix it.

OrthodoxOxygen

Mar 8, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S4
Essential Phone
Thanks, it's very strange, I flashed other ROM (evolution, OctaviOS), and it refuses to boot normally, it redirects me either to fastboot or recovery, I flashed the vbmeta image, Magisk but nothing.

Trying to flash the ROM through SP Flash tool gave error 00a0001 and installing the stock recovery and flashing an update for 2151 didn't work, so by now I'm bricked. I guess my device model switched to 2155, if I can get a recovery update ROM for 2155, maybe can fix it.
Wait. Was your model originally an RMX2151, or originally an RMX2155?

Reactions: SubwayChamp

Top Liked Posts

Sorry i'm a noob. I succeed to flash your rom with Rui 2
    It´s not my ROM
    but i still have the error message "Preloader - [LIB]: Status: Handshake failed, retrying...".
    It could be an error with your device, it´s unresponsive, you have to check the installation of the drivers, the LibUSB drivers, the installation of the tool.
    I don't know where i can find preloader file you're talking about.
    You just have to search for "custom preloader for Realme 7" or something similar, also you can search for DA auth file for mt67.. don´t remember the exact number, check the processor
    Why does it works for other people with no problem ? Region ?

thank you !
    No, has nothing to do with, it depends exclusively on the status of your device.

Apart of all that I said, check this
    I have it, it tried flashing with or without preloader same result. I unchecked opposerver2 and CDT.
    I didn´t say, you try to flash, with or without preloader, I mentioned a permissive preloader, this may come from a special build, with any release, some preloader files allow the user, to unbrick a device, while other not, try with some preloader/s file/s from different build, but using the specific you want.
    Sorry i'm a noob. I succeed to flash your rom with Rui 2
    It´s not my ROM
    but i still have the error message "Preloader - [LIB]: Status: Handshake failed, retrying...".
    It could be an error with your device, it´s unresponsive, you have to check the installation of the drivers, the LibUSB drivers, the installation of the tool.
    I don't know where i can find preloader file you're talking about.
    You just have to search for "custom preloader for Realme 7" or something similar, also you can search for DA auth file for mt67.. don´t remember the exact number, check the processor
    Why does it works for other people with no problem ? Region ?

thank you !
    No, has nothing to do with, it depends exclusively on the status of your device.

Apart of all that I said, check this
    WELCOME, ALL.

After a very tiring process of swapping between ROMs and changing regions, APKs, et cetera, we have finally been able to perfect the method for unlocking the bootloader of the RMX2155! This is a detailed guide aimed to give you an easy time!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I AM NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, BRICKED PHONES, OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT HAPPENS. IT IS YOUR CHOICE TO FOLLOW THIS GUIDE, AND THE CONSEQUENCES ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

FILES NEEDED:

So that you don't need to go through the irritating process of downloading everything, extracting the OFP, and going to sketchy places to try and find a stock ROM, you can now download everything from either one of the links below:

Both links contain the same content: everything needed for this guide. It'll save you a lot of time.

PROCEDURE:

1. Download the .zip file from either of the links above, and then extract the files from inside.

2. Navigate to the "MTK Drivers" folder, extract the files, and then install them. For ".inf" files: You must right-click, and then select "Install" from the drop-down menu. You may have to disable a Windows setting for this to work, however, as they are unsigned drivers. You can learn how to do this here: https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/ho...8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

3. Install Python if you haven't already. MAKE SURE TO ADD TO PATH.

Hold "shift" on your keyboard, and right-click on the Windows home-key. Click "Command Prompt (Admin)".

Type in the command "pip install pyusb pyserial json5", and then close your command prompt once it is done installing.

6. Extract the "Bypass Tools.zip" into a folder, and then navigate to the "Driver" folder within. Right-click on the file named "cdc-adm.inf" file, and select "Install". Wait for it to finish - though, it shouldn't take any longer than a second.

7. Install libUSB, and then open it. Power your phone off, and keep it that way. LibUSB should be called "Filter Wizard" in your start-menu. Right-click on it, and run it as an administrator. Have your RMX2155 and a trusty MTP cable on-hand. Click on "Install a device filter", then connect your Realme 7 with both volume-buttons pressed. Select and install the device that appears. It should have something like "MTK" in its name. Do this quickly, as it usually disappears after a few seconds. Once that is done: Unplug your phone.

8. Head to the folder with the bypass tools inside, and open "brom.bat". Connect your device with both volume buttons pressed. It should say something along the lines of: "Protection disabled" if it is successful. Disconnect your phone again.

9. Open the flash-tool folder, and launch the application inside. It is named: "flash_tool.exe". Select the scatter file inside the "OFP Contents" folder within the ROM folder, and un-check the following boxes: "Opposerver 2", "Special preload", "My custom", and "Cdt engineering".

10. Make sure that the box above where it lists all those files says: "Download only". This is very important. After you've verified that those boxes are without check-marks, and that the method is "Download only": Press the "Download" button at the top, connect your phone, and then press the volume-buttons. Once your phone is done flashing and a green check-mark is displayed: It will then boot. If it doesn't boot automatically, wait a few more seconds, and then hold the power key until it turns on. Give it some time.

11. Once it starts, and after you've gone through the main set-up process, you'll need to change your region to "Vietnam". This is a very important step to get your bootloader unlocked. For the sake of making this short: Follow the link. It will take you to a guide that should work for all OPPO devices. Please, read it carefully. From top to bottom. https://xdaforums.com/t/changing-a-...dated-instructions-now-working-again.4143415/

12. Move the Deep Test .APK file to your phone. Install it, and then open it. Submit your application, and wait. After: Just follow the directions given, and use ADB to unlock that bootloader. Use the following video to help you out if you don't already know how to unlock your bootloader with ADB! It also shows you how to flash a recovery, which will be useful if you wanna do that sorta stuff.

13. Success!

If you find that your phone won't connect through fastboot or SP Flash Tools after you've finished unlocking your bootloader, uninstall the LibUSB filter for your device (not the program), and then reinstall it.

For those of you wondering, YES, your phone can be flashed with GSIs, as it is a treble phone. However, you should download the "Treble Check" app off of the Playstore, as it supplies you with important information relating to which ROMs you can use with your device. IF YOU DO NOT MAKE SURE TO FLASH THE CORRECT GSI FILE TO YOUR PHONE, YOU MAY HARD-BRICK IT. Take a look at the guide below. Happy flashing!

https://xdaforums.com/t/install-gsi-android-12-on-realme-7-using-super-gsi-installer.4280785/

If you need help, just ask below!

EXTRA SPECIAL THANKS TO:

@albatron34000

@SwizzRM7

Working with you has been great!
    Many, many thanks for this part!

“I had issue with ‘fastboot flashing unlock’. on option press volume up to unlock it did nothing, after 5 minutes i pressed volume down, yet when i rebooted it was unlocked. just sharing this for everyone here”

The same happened to me and I was already going nuts! This really helped! Thank you!

Also, many, many thanks to OrthodoxOxygen for this guide!

May I suggest that you update your guide by adding at the very end something like: “If, after executing ‘fastboot flashing unlock’, pressing Vol Up does not work, press Vol Down and the phone should be unlocked.”
    Do you think roms made for the RMX2151 will work? PixelPlus for example
    Yes it sure does!
    I'm currently using the Pixel plus rom
    Most (if not all) RMX2151 roms will work;)
    Hi, can i unlock bootloader using this guide?

RMX2155_11_C.13
    Yes you can. I was also on the same version! Good luck! Your phone will be downgraded to a asian realmeUI 1.0, then your sales region will be changed to a country in Asia (it needs to be the one in the guide) and then you just download an app so you can enter fastboot and then unlock the bootloader.

Everything worked without issues for me. If your phone doesn't show up in fastboot, manually go to device manager and install the android ADB driver (I can help you if you need).

upload a87 instead. it work 100%​

another person that i help upload file: