[GUIDE] REALME 7 RMX2155 GLOBAL BOOTLOADER UNLOCK

Search This thread

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
So I should download a ROM from there ? https://realmefirmware.com/realme-firmware-update/ with "RMX2155" listed in my device, only downside is that my country is not listed into the acronyms.
There's no firmware for all the countries, but for regions.
So I shut down the phone and unplug it after doing the "mv [displayed magisk patched boot filename here] boot.patched" command right ? Then i plug it in, power it up the way you said, (which is the method used by mtkclient too to enter BROM mode) holding the two volume buttons. Then i perform "python mtk w boot,vbmeta boot.patched,vbmeta.img.empty" in the CLI ?
Basically, yes.

loweisounds

Jul 12, 2022
Realme 7
There's no firmware for all the countries, but for regions.

Basically, yes.
I downloaded a ROM for my region in case of emergency.

After the mv command, Can I restart my phone safely ? Will I loose the instructions written before related to boot.img replacement and patching ?
I feel like I'm soon ready to start everything now that you answered a LOT of my questions!

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I downloaded a ROM for my region in case of emergency.

After the mv command, Can I restart my phone safely ? Will I loose the instructions written before related to boot.img replacement and patching ?
I feel like I'm soon ready to start everything now that you answered a LOT of my questions!
Sorry for delay, I'm probably in the other side of the world.
Basically, what the CLI does, in regard to rooting, is pull and push back the boot/patched image, so it's the same, you just need to pull/read the boot image to your device rather than to your PC, then install the Magisk apk, open it, and patch the boot image that typically is in the Download folder, then pull out to your PC, and then flash/write back to your device, after of flash it, you just need to restart your device.

loweisounds

Jul 12, 2022
Realme 7
Sorry for delay, I'm probably in the other side of the world.
Basically, what the CLI does, in regard to rooting, is pull and push back the boot/patched image, so it's the same, you just need to pull/read the boot image to your device rather than to your PC, then install the Magisk apk, open it, and patch the boot image that typically is in the Download folder, then pull out to your PC, and then flash/write back to your device, after of flash it, you just need to restart your device.
No problem man, your knowledge has helped me understand the process in a much less bloated way!
Got it, so restarting the phone is not an issue it seems; I will try all of this out

Reactions: SubwayChamp

GMD152542

Jan 14, 2018
donde puedo descargar la versión RMX2151PU_11.A.87 o inferiores se tiene que contar ya con esta versión para iniciar el metodo o viene en el enlace

GMD152542

Jan 14, 2018
WELCOME, ALL.

After a very tiring process of swapping between ROMs and changing regions, APKs, et cetera, we have finally been able to perfect the method for unlocking the bootloader of the RMX2155! This is a detailed guide aimed to give you an easy time!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I AM NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, BRICKED PHONES, OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT HAPPENS. IT IS YOUR CHOICE TO FOLLOW THIS GUIDE, AND THE CONSEQUENCES ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

FILES NEEDED:

So that you don't need to go through the irritating process of downloading everything, extracting the OFP, and going to sketchy places to try and find a stock ROM, you can now download everything from either one of the links below:

Both links contain the same content: everything needed for this guide. It'll save you a lot of time.

PROCEDURE:

1. Download the .zip file from either of the links above, and then extract the files from inside.

2. Navigate to the "MTK Drivers" folder, extract the files, and then install them. For ".inf" files: You must right-click, and then select "Install" from the drop-down menu. You may have to disable a Windows setting for this to work, however, as they are unsigned drivers. You can learn how to do this here: https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/ho...8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

3. Install Python if you haven't already. MAKE SURE TO ADD TO PATH.

Hold "shift" on your keyboard, and right-click on the Windows home-key. Click "Command Prompt (Admin)".

Type in the command "pip install pyusb pyserial json5", and then close your command prompt once it is done installing.

6. Extract the "Bypass Tools.zip" into a folder, and then navigate to the "Driver" folder within. Right-click on the file named "cdc-adm.inf" file, and select "Install". Wait for it to finish - though, it shouldn't take any longer than a second.

7. Install libUSB, and then open it. Power your phone off, and keep it that way. LibUSB should be called "Filter Wizard" in your start-menu. Right-click on it, and run it as an administrator. Have your RMX2155 and a trusty MTP cable on-hand. Click on "Install a device filter", then connect your Realme 7 with both volume-buttons pressed. Select and install the device that appears. It should have something like "MTK" in its name. Do this quickly, as it usually disappears after a few seconds. Once that is done: Unplug your phone.

8. Head to the folder with the bypass tools inside, and open "brom.bat". Connect your device with both volume buttons pressed. It should say something along the lines of: "Protection disabled" if it is successful. Disconnect your phone again.

9. Open the flash-tool folder, and launch the application inside. It is named: "flash_tool.exe". Select the scatter file inside the "OFP Contents" folder within the ROM folder, and un-check the following boxes: "Opposerver 2", "Special preload", "My custom", and "Cdt engineering".

10. Make sure that the box above where it lists all those files says: "Download only". This is very important. After you've verified that those boxes are without check-marks, and that the method is "Download only": Press the "Download" button at the top, connect your phone, and then press the volume-buttons. Once your phone is done flashing and a green check-mark is displayed: It will then boot. If it doesn't boot automatically, wait a few more seconds, and then hold the power key until it turns on. Give it some time.

11. Once it starts, and after you've gone through the main set-up process, you'll need to change your region to "Vietnam". This is a very important step to get your bootloader unlocked. For the sake of making this short: Follow the link. It will take you to a guide that should work for all OPPO devices. Please, read it carefully. From top to bottom. https://xdaforums.com/t/changing-a-...dated-instructions-now-working-again.4143415/

12. Move the Deep Test .APK file to your phone. Install it, and then open it. Submit your application, and wait. After: Just follow the directions given, and use ADB to unlock that bootloader. Use the following video to help you out if you don't already know how to unlock your bootloader with ADB! It also shows you how to flash a recovery, which will be useful if you wanna do that sorta stuff.

13. Success!

If you find that your phone won't connect through fastboot or SP Flash Tools after you've finished unlocking your bootloader, uninstall the LibUSB filter for your device (not the program), and then reinstall it.

For those of you wondering, YES, your phone can be flashed with GSIs, as it is a treble phone. However, you should download the "Treble Check" app off of the Playstore, as it supplies you with important information relating to which ROMs you can use with your device. IF YOU DO NOT MAKE SURE TO FLASH THE CORRECT GSI FILE TO YOUR PHONE, YOU MAY HARD-BRICK IT. Take a look at the guide below. Happy flashing!

https://xdaforums.com/t/install-gsi-android-12-on-realme-7-using-super-gsi-installer.4280785/

If you need help, just ask below!

EXTRA SPECIAL THANKS TO:

@albatron34000

@SwizzRM7

Working with you has been great!
los pasos 1 y 2 no tienes un tutorial de como hacerlos veo muchos archivos en esa carpeta y no se bien cual instalar

leopseft

May 12, 2011
Athens/Αθήνα
The guide is perfect apart from the step with the region change that doesn't work anymore.

I don't know if it is allowed to add external links, but I followed this guide without the need of the in depth apk thing.

https://www.droidwin.com/unlock-realme-bootloader-using-mtk-client-without-in-depth-test-apk/

The guide is correct, apart from the last step that you get the orange state warning. At this moment you need to press once the power button to continue. Then when you get into the recovery mode you need to wipe everything. Both wipe and format. Then the phone will boot normally with unlocked bootloader.

Incarcecon

Oct 22, 2022
I keep getting that

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-22-16-27-38-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-22-16-27-38-41.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 6

Incarcecon

Oct 22, 2022
The guide is perfect apart from the step with the region change that doesn't work anymore.

I don't know if it is allowed to add external links, but I followed this guide without the need of the in depth apk thing.

https://www.droidwin.com/unlock-realme-bootloader-using-mtk-client-without-in-depth-test-apk/

The guide is correct, apart from the last step that you get the orange state warning. At this moment you need to press once the power button to continue. Then when you get into the recovery mode you need to wipe everything. Both wipe and format. Then the phone will boot normally with unlocked bootloader.
I get stuck at step 6. I don't know how to transfer the content to python directory. Could you maybe put a step by step guide or a YouTube video in English to help
  1. Go to the MTK Bypass Tools > mtkclient-main folder and transfer all its content to the Python directory.

Incarcecon

Oct 22, 2022
After downloading the package on my windows and the relevant adb drivers with the Realme flash app, I could not continue as my bootloader was locked. I then tried unlocking the bootloader following the steps on this link

https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-realme-7-rmx2155-global-bootloader-unlock.4265055/

At step 10 my Realme 7 reset and went to Android 10 UI1 RMX2151_11_A.91 from RMX2155_11_F.07. After reaching step 12, to install and use the Deep Test apk on my phone, I got an error message saying “this phone model does not support in-depth test", so I assumed I was using the wrong apk and downloaded one from the official website but I still got the same error.

I then tried unlocking the bootloader using fastboot but got “FAILED (remote: Unable to open fastboot HAL) error”. I have double checked my drivers and still nothing.

I have tried letting the phone upgrade and update on its own but it stopped once it reached RMX2155_11_A.91. Putting the latest UI2 package in the phone and installing it while the phone is in recovery mode did not work too.

I am running out of options now

Incarcecon

Oct 22, 2022

Help with step 6 please

leopseft

May 12, 2011
Athens/Αθήνα
Help with step 6 please
The guide is quite simple, there is no need to rewrite it.
What help do you need with the step 6?
Don't you know how to copy and paste the contents of a directory?
If you don't know the pythons default directory in windows, it is the following:

C:\Users\"YourUsername"\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310

I don't want to discourage you, but if you find difficulties already in so easy things as this, you better stop here!!
But if you want to continue, with you own risk to brick your phone, I could give you two tips with that guide I posted, apart from that one that I have already given, about the last step. (wiping the data and factory reset from inside the recovery).

1. At steps that you connect the cable with the side volume keys both pressed the phone is like connecting and disconnecting. You ll hear the familiar sound of windows, when a device connects and disconnects. Just ignore it and type each step's cmd command given by the guide. It's hard cause you need to hold the volume buttons all the time while you paste the command and hit enter!!
2. After every step that requires the above procedure, when you finally release the keys, boot up your phone!! Because if you try to connect again by holding the volume keys it just doesn't work. It seems that the phone gets stuck every time you do this and in order to boot up the phone you need to press all the volumes together for a while (vol up + vol down + power button). The phone seems to be bricked, doesn't power on, doesn't connect to pc with cable and this could scare you to death but if you do what I say, (pressing all together keys until the phone vibrates) then it will come "back to life"!!

And don't forget to apply the "filter" as the guide describes. If you get any errors, you need to rerun the wizard (write filter in the search box in windows and you ll find an exe called filter wizard) and select uninstall all filters. And then install the filter again until you get no errors. This is important and it might be tricky.

This is the best I can do to help you. I hope you 'll find my advice helpful.

Good luck!!

Incarcecon

Oct 22, 2022
The guide is quite simple, there is no need to rewrite it.
What help do you need with the step 6?
Don't you know how to copy and paste the contents of a directory?
If you don't know the pythons default directory in windows, it is the following:

C:\Users\"YourUsername"\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310

I don't want to discourage you, but if you find difficulties already in so easy things as this, you better stop here!!
But if you want to continue, with you own risk to brick your phone, I could give you two tips with that guide I posted, apart from that one that I have already given, about the last step. (wiping the data and factory reset from inside the recovery).

1. At steps that you connect the cable with the side volume keys both pressed the phone is like connecting and disconnecting. You ll hear the familiar sound of windows, when a device connects and disconnects. Just ignore it and type each step's cmd command given by the guide. It's hard cause you need to hold the volume buttons all the time while you paste the command and hit enter!!
2. After every step that requires the above procedure, when you finally release the keys, boot up your phone!! Because if you try to connect again by holding the volume keys it just doesn't work. It seems that the phone gets stuck every time you do this and in order to boot up the phone you need to press all the volumes together for a while (vol up + vol down + power button). The phone seems to be bricked, doesn't power on, doesn't connect to pc with cable and this could scare you to death but if you do what I say, (pressing all together keys until the phone vibrates) then it will come "back to life"!!

And don't forget to apply the "filter" as the guide describes. If you get any errors, you need to rerun the wizard (write filter in the search box in windows and you ll find an exe called filter wizard) and select uninstall all filters. And then install the filter again until you get no errors. This is important and it might be tricky.

This is the best I can do to help you. I hope you 'll find my advice helpful.

Good luck!!
The part I am having trouble with is step1 of step 6:
  1. Go to the MTK Bypass Tools > mtkclient-main folder and transfer all its content to the Python directory.

I am having a hard time understanding what to do. Do I transfer the the content the normal way of just cut and paste cause I have tried that or is there some other way to do the transfer?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have it, it tried flashing with or without preloader same result. I unchecked opposerver2 and CDT.
    I didn´t say, you try to flash, with or without preloader, I mentioned a permissive preloader, this may come from a special build, with any release, some preloader files allow the user, to unbrick a device, while other not, try with some preloader/s file/s from different build, but using the specific you want.
    Sorry i'm a noob. I succeed to flash your rom with Rui 2
    It´s not my ROM
    but i still have the error message "Preloader - [LIB]: Status: Handshake failed, retrying...".
    It could be an error with your device, it´s unresponsive, you have to check the installation of the drivers, the LibUSB drivers, the installation of the tool.
    I don't know where i can find preloader file you're talking about.
    You just have to search for "custom preloader for Realme 7" or something similar, also you can search for DA auth file for mt67.. don´t remember the exact number, check the processor
    Why does it works for other people with no problem ? Region ?

thank you !
    No, has nothing to do with, it depends exclusively on the status of your device.

Apart of all that I said, check this
    It´s not my ROM

It could be an error with your device, it´s unresponsive, you have to check the installation of the drivers, the LibUSB drivers, the installation of the tool.

You just have to search for "custom preloader for Realme 7" or something similar, also you can search for DA auth file for mt67.. don´t remember the exact number, check the processor

No, has nothing to do with, it depends exclusively on the status of your device.

Apart of all that I said, check this
    It worked with linux ! Ty very much
    WELCOME, ALL.

After a very tiring process of swapping between ROMs and changing regions, APKs, et cetera, we have finally been able to perfect the method for unlocking the bootloader of the RMX2155! This is a detailed guide aimed to give you an easy time!

I AM NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, BRICKED PHONES, OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT HAPPENS. IT IS YOUR CHOICE TO FOLLOW THIS GUIDE, AND THE CONSEQUENCES ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

FILES NEEDED:

So that you don't need to go through the irritating process of downloading everything, extracting the OFP, and going to sketchy places to try and find a stock ROM, you can now download everything from either one of the links below:

Both links contain the same content: everything needed for this guide. It'll save you a lot of time.

PROCEDURE:

1. Download the .zip file from either of the links above, and then extract the files from inside.

2. Navigate to the "MTK Drivers" folder, extract the files, and then install them. For ".inf" files: You must right-click, and then select "Install" from the drop-down menu. You may have to disable a Windows setting for this to work, however, as they are unsigned drivers. You can learn how to do this here: https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/ho...8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

3. Install Python if you haven't already. MAKE SURE TO ADD TO PATH.

Hold "shift" on your keyboard, and right-click on the Windows home-key. Click "Command Prompt (Admin)".

Type in the command "pip install pyusb pyserial json5", and then close your command prompt once it is done installing.

6. Extract the "Bypass Tools.zip" into a folder, and then navigate to the "Driver" folder within. Right-click on the file named "cdc-adm.inf" file, and select "Install". Wait for it to finish - though, it shouldn't take any longer than a second.

7. Install libUSB, and then open it. Power your phone off, and keep it that way. LibUSB should be called "Filter Wizard" in your start-menu. Right-click on it, and run it as an administrator. Have your RMX2155 and a trusty MTP cable on-hand. Click on "Install a device filter", then connect your Realme 7 with both volume-buttons pressed. Select and install the device that appears. It should have something like "MTK" in its name. Do this quickly, as it usually disappears after a few seconds. Once that is done: Unplug your phone.

8. Head to the folder with the bypass tools inside, and open "brom.bat". Connect your device with both volume buttons pressed. It should say something along the lines of: "Protection disabled" if it is successful. Disconnect your phone again.

9. Open the flash-tool folder, and launch the application inside. It is named: "flash_tool.exe". Select the scatter file inside the "OFP Contents" folder within the ROM folder, and un-check the following boxes: "Opposerver 2", "Special preload", "My custom", and "Cdt engineering".

10. Make sure that the box above where it lists all those files says: "Download only". This is very important. After you've verified that those boxes are without check-marks, and that the method is "Download only": Press the "Download" button at the top, connect your phone, and then press the volume-buttons. Once your phone is done flashing and a green check-mark is displayed: It will then boot. If it doesn't boot automatically, wait a few more seconds, and then hold the power key until it turns on. Give it some time.

11. Once it starts, and after you've gone through the main set-up process, you'll need to change your region to "Vietnam". This is a very important step to get your bootloader unlocked. For the sake of making this short: Follow the link. It will take you to a guide that should work for all OPPO devices. Please, read it carefully. From top to bottom. https://xdaforums.com/t/changing-a-...dated-instructions-now-working-again.4143415/

12. Move the Deep Test .APK file to your phone. Install it, and then open it. Submit your application, and wait. After: Just follow the directions given, and use ADB to unlock that bootloader. Use the following video to help you out if you don't already know how to unlock your bootloader with ADB! It also shows you how to flash a recovery, which will be useful if you wanna do that sorta stuff.

13. Success!

If you find that your phone won't connect through fastboot or SP Flash Tools after you've finished unlocking your bootloader, uninstall the LibUSB filter for your device (not the program), and then reinstall it.

For those of you wondering, YES, your phone can be flashed with GSIs, as it is a treble phone. However, you should download the "Treble Check" app off of the Playstore, as it supplies you with important information relating to which ROMs you can use with your device. IF YOU DO NOT MAKE SURE TO FLASH THE CORRECT GSI FILE TO YOUR PHONE, YOU MAY HARD-BRICK IT. Take a look at the guide below. Happy flashing!

https://xdaforums.com/t/install-gsi-android-12-on-realme-7-using-super-gsi-installer.4280785/

If you need help, just ask below!

EXTRA SPECIAL THANKS TO:

@albatron34000

@SwizzRM7

Working with you has been great!
    Many, many thanks for this part!

“I had issue with ‘fastboot flashing unlock’. on option press volume up to unlock it did nothing, after 5 minutes i pressed volume down, yet when i rebooted it was unlocked. just sharing this for everyone here”

The same happened to me and I was already going nuts! This really helped! Thank you!

Also, many, many thanks to OrthodoxOxygen for this guide!

May I suggest that you update your guide by adding at the very end something like: “If, after executing ‘fastboot flashing unlock’, pressing Vol Up does not work, press Vol Down and the phone should be unlocked.”
    Do you think roms made for the RMX2151 will work? PixelPlus for example
    Yes it sure does!
    I'm currently using the Pixel plus rom
    Most (if not all) RMX2151 roms will work;)
    Hi, can i unlock bootloader using this guide?

RMX2155_11_C.13
    Yes you can. I was also on the same version! Good luck! Your phone will be downgraded to a asian realmeUI 1.0, then your sales region will be changed to a country in Asia (it needs to be the one in the guide) and then you just download an app so you can enter fastboot and then unlock the bootloader.

Everything worked without issues for me. If your phone doesn't show up in fastboot, manually go to device manager and install the android ADB driver (I can help you if you need).

upload a87 instead. it work 100%​

another person that i help upload file: