How To Guide [GUIDE][REALME 8i][NARZO 50] Unlock Bootloader Flash TWRP and Root [RMX3151][RMX3286]

Search This thread
IMPORTANT NOTICE

BEWARE OF ANY FAKE ROM/KERNEL/RECOVERY BUILDS PUBLISHED ON SOME TELEGRAM (INDO CHANNEL). THERE IS NO PUBLIC BUILD RELEASED BY ME OR ANY OTHER DEVS. IF ANY BUILD GETS RELEASED, IT'LL BE HERE ONLY ON XDA.
THEY ARE RENAMING ROMS/KERNELS FROM OTHER DEVICES AND RELEASING AS Realme 8i ROM

THANKS AND DON'T FLASH ANY RANDOM ROM BUILDS FROM ANY TELEGRAM CHANNEL UNLESS YOU WANT BRICK.

TheOneHaily

Jan 11, 2022
IMPORTANT NOTICE

BEWARE OF ANY FAKE ROM/KERNEL/RECOVERY BUILDS PUBLISHED ON SOME TELEGRAM (INDO CHANNEL). THERE IS NO PUBLIC BUILD RELEASED BY ME OR ANY OTHER DEVS. IF ANY BUILD GETS RELEASED, IT'LL BE HERE ONLY ON XDA.
THEY ARE RENAMING ROMS/KERNELS FROM OTHER DEVICES AND RELEASING AS Realme 8i ROM

THANKS AND DON'T FLASH ANY RANDOM ROM BUILDS FROM ANY TELEGRAM CHANNEL UNLESS YOU WANT BRICK.
Hi again,

The thing is I really am stupid so I really need your help again.

My problem is I wanted to remove twrp through factory reset, but I accidentally ticked off the wipe internal storage box from the advanced wipe through twrp. Now when I rebooted, I am stuck at the end of first time setup "Checking for new updates" and I can't boot into recovery it just says "The serial doesn't match, fastboot_mode_verify_fail"

Im guessing I removed the ROM as well as TWRP???, I really hope I'm wrong

Any help would be really appreciated!!!

Hi again,

The thing is I really am stupid so I really need your help again.

My problem is I wanted to remove twrp through factory reset, but I accidentally ticked off the wipe internal storage box from the advanced wipe through twrp. Now when I rebooted, I am stuck at the end of first time setup "Checking for new updates" and I can't boot into recovery it just says "The serial doesn't match, fastboot_mode_verify_fail"

Im guessing I removed the ROM as well as TWRP???, I really hope I'm wrong

Any help would be really appreciated!!!
If it's stuck at checking for new updates...thats fine just do a format data with brom mode (mtkclient) using this command

python mtk e metadata,userdata,md_udc

TheOneHaily

Jan 11, 2022
Good evening, sorry to bother you again...

If possible do you have the stock recovery.img file for this device??

I would like to remove twrp since I cant install OTP updates I cant seem to find it from the directories

TheOneHaily

Jan 11, 2022
How do I install OTA update through twrp, whenever I go into the ota directory I am faced with multiple of this zips that I dont know which to flash. I am guessing the files for some reason were not compiled into one folder.

Screenshot_2022-01-18-11-30-55-51_a61e42d1eea86d28f403f78330ec114d.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-18-11-30-55-51_a61e42d1eea86d28f403f78330ec114d.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-18-11-30-55-51_a61e42d1eea86d28f403f78330ec114d.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 8
Good evening, sorry to bother you again...

If possible do you have the stock recovery.img file for this device??

I would like to remove twrp since I cant install OTP updates I cant seem to find it from the directories
I don't have stock recovery for every version of ROM...so download the stock rom for your respective region and version and decrypt using https://github.com/bkerler/oppo_decrypt

TheOneHaily

Jan 11, 2022
I don't have stock recovery for every version of ROM...so download the stock rom for your respective region and version and decrypt using https://github.com/bkerler/oppo_decrypt
Also, if it's ok can you expound on this?

Like what should I do next after downloading the stock rom for my phone (A.35, PH) I quite don't get the decrpyt part since Im afraid im just a casual phone user and can't find worthy articles for the topic.

thanks!

Also, if it's ok can you expound on this?

Like what should I do next after downloading the stock rom for my phone (A.35, PH) I quite don't get the decrpyt part since Im afraid im just a casual phone user and can't find worthy articles for the topic.

thanks!
You just want stock recovery image right? Decrypt that stock rom with the tool in the link... Then get the stock recovery image from there... Then you can flash stock recovery.

Reactions: TheOneHaily

TheOneHaily

Jan 11, 2022
You just want stock recovery image right? Decrypt that stock rom with the tool in the link... Then get the stock recovery image from there... Then you can flash stock recovery.
Ok now I get it, but do I need to worry about this part as well?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-22-08-32-26-91_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-22-08-32-26-91_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 27

TheOneHaily

Jan 11, 2022
No u don't need to merge super images if u just want recovery image
Glad to know that!

One last thing, what directory should I put here? The tool always return " the system cannot find the path specified" even though I inputted the directory where I downloaded the stock ROM

Screenshot 2022-01-22 124145.png

For your reference:

Tried the directory while connected to the pc:

Screenshot 2022-01-22 130050.png

Tried the directory directly in the phone:
Screenshot 2022-01-22 130318.png

Last edited:
Glad to know that!

One last thing, what directory should I put here? The tool always return " the system cannot find the path specified" even though I inputted the directory where I downloaded the stock ROM

View attachment 5515017

For your reference:

Tried the directory while connected to the pc:

View attachment 5515023

Tried the directory directly in the phone:
View attachment 5515025
Put the rom ofp inside the tool folder and run this

python3 ofp_mtk_decrypt.py *ofp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Moderator Announcement

@frenchone
    Greetings, and welcome to XDA. As a courtesy, I have translated your recent posts above. As a friendly reminder, we ask all members to please post in English or add at least an English translation to your French posts, as part of XDA Rules No 4.
    4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ , https://www.babelfish.com/ or https://fanyi.baidu.com/#auto/en or use one of your choice.

Additionally, I have merged your post above (#191) and post a message only once if it is a question about the same topic as per forum rule No 5.
    5. Create a thread topic or post a message only once, this includes external links & streaming media.
    As a large forum, we don't need unnecessary clutter. You're free to edit your message as you like, so if you do not receive an answer, revisit your message and see if you can describe your problem better. Not everyone is online at the same time so it might take a while before you receive an answer.

Thank you for understanding this matter.
    Regards,
    Khusika - Moderator.
    Hi Guys!

Since there is no deeptest.apk available for our device to unlock bootloader, we came up with another method to unlock bootloader unofficially!

In this guide I'll tell you how to unlock bootloader, root with magisk and flash TWRP on your Realme 8i/Narzo 50 (RMX3151/RMX3286)

Code:
    /*
    * This Guide is tested and working
    * However I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about unlocking and flashing TWRP
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
    */

1. UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER:

Requirements
    • PC or Laptop
    • Internet connection
    • Realme 8i/Narzo 50
    • USB cable
    • Working Brain
    • Take a backup of your data since it'll be wiped
    • Go to About phone > Version and tap build number 7 times
    • Go to Settings > advanced settings > Developer options and turn on OEM unlocking and USB debugging
    STEPS
    • Install Python from windows store
    • Install USBDk
    • Download this and extract : https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient/archive/refs/heads/main.zip
    • Download vbmeta and patched boot image (Download for your respective version) in copy to the mtkclient-main folder
    • Now open command prompt or powershell in that folder
    • Screenshot (58).png
    • Now type pip3 install -r requirements.txt and hit enter
    • Now type python mtk e metadata,userdata,md_udc hit enter - This command wipes data
    • Then power off your phone and hold both volume buttons and connect usb cable (DON'T LEAVE THE BUTTONS, KEEP THEM HOLDING THROUGHOUT THE PROCESS) - This boots device into BROM mode
    • Now type python mtk da seccfg unlock This will unlock the bootloader (If you face waiting for device issue then unplug the device and plug in the device again with holding volume buttons, also don't leave the buttons)
    • IMG_20211201_212023_350.jpg
    • After this unplug your phone and turn it on (It'll show your device dm verity corrupted and first boot might take 20-25 mins, don't panic)
    • Now your bootloader is unlocked
    • 20211201_213428.jpg
    • Due to realme's limitations you still can't access fastboot after unlocking via this method
    2. ROOTING YOUR DEVICE:
    • Install This Magisk apk
    • Now in pc type python mtk w boot,vbmeta boot.patched,vbmeta.img.empty hit enter
    • Then power off your phone and connect usb while holding both volume buttons (and don't leave them)
    • IMG_20211201_213448_962 (2).jpg
    • Now disconnect and reboot phone
    • Now open magisk
    • IMG_20211201_213458_216.jpg
      IMG_20211201_213500_384.jpg

3. FLASHING TWRP RECOVERY:
    • Download TWRP - From here
    • Download and install Flashify app
    • Open Flashify and grant root permission
    • Select Recovery image and install the twrp you have downloaded
    • IMG_20211201_220206_593.jpg
    • After flashing is done click reboot now or you can reboot to recovery via magisk app
    • IMG_20211201_221211_553.jpg
    "Congrats Now we have working TWRP in our Realme 8i/Narzo 50"

Credits:

1. Me (@pritish1998) for TWRP, Unlock and Flashing guide
    2. B Kerler fot MTKClient
    3. Rohit for testing
    Stock boot Images (to revert root)

If you face any issues contact me here
    Thanks for the detailed guide, hope we get kernel sources soon.. 🤞
    Добрый вечер.А как теперь заблокировать загрузчик,подскажите пожалуйста.
    English is required, you can use your native language too, adding it to your post.

Inside the tool is provided a README.md file with basic instructions and usage. To relock bootloader you can use python mtk xflash seccfg lock just be careful to not relock it while running custom binaries, you have to return completely back to stock prior to do that.
    @Ilya 02793
    Hi! I see that you're new here. Welcome to XDA! :) Please note that XDA is an international forum, and hence only English is permitted to be used across the website.

The above is as per the Forum Rules:
    4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

As a courtesy, I've added the English translation to your post. Going forward, kindly use English to post/reply on the forum. :)

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Senior Moderator
    Привет! Я вижу, что ты здесь новенький. Добро пожаловать на XDA! :) Обратите внимание, что XDA - международный форум, поэтому на сайте разрешено использовать только английский язык.

Вышеупомянутое соответствует Правилам форума:
    4. Используйте английский язык.

Мы понимаем, что не все люди разных национальностей хорошо говорят по-английски, но, пожалуйста, попробуйте. Если вы действительно не можете писать на английском, воспользуйтесь онлайн-переводчиком. Вы можете включить исходное сообщение на своем родном языке под английским переводом. (Это правило распространяется на ваши сообщения, записи профиля и подпись). Вы можете попробовать: - https://translate.google.com/ или https://www.babelfish.com/ или использовать один на ваш выбор.

В качестве любезности я добавил к вашему сообщению английский перевод. Забегая вперед, любезно используйте английский для сообщений / ответов на форуме. :)

С Уважением,
    shadowstep
    Старший модератор
    After successfully unlocking the bootloader my phone got stuck on boot......idk what is it called,bootloop maybe....Help me plz
    In brom mode use this command
    Code:
    python mtk e metadata,userdata,md_udc
    To format data then reboot