• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[GUIDE][REBRAND] Honor 9 [ANY REGION]

Search This thread

lsvet1

Nov 14, 2012
Disclaimer:
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this TOOL
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

Credits:
All the credits go to user gaguga and the people from the 4PDA. The contents of this guide are not my work - I merely translated it.

Requirements:
1. For this method to work you first need to unlock the bootloader or at least obtain the unlock code. That is explained in threads Unlock bootloader HONOR 9 and [Guide] How to get Bootloader unlock Code easily through Chinese site.

2. Owners of non-Chinese models have to disable FRP. Read about what that is and how to disable it here.

3. Enable the USB debugging mode in the Developer options.

MOD EDIT: Updated HWOTA found here thanks to @gaguga

Steps:

1. Download the file HWOTA.zip and unpack it to the root of your system. For instructions in English instead of Russian replace the hwota.sh file with this one.

2. Make a backup of all the important files since all the data will be erased during the process (consider this as a warning!).

3. Check if the USB debugging is enabled and the FRP disabled.

4. Download the three zip-archives from here if you wish to flash the EU version of ROM. Otherwise download the files of the desired region using Firmware Finder.

5. Move the downloaded files to folder "HWOTA\Update" and rename them in this way:
- update_data_full_public .zip to update_data_public .zip
- update_full _... .zip to update_all_hw .zip
- update.zip remains as is

6. Launch the file named update.bat which is located in the folder HWOTA and follow the instructions.

7. As a mode of update first choose the Rebrand option, then go to the Recovery and wipe all the data (including internal storage). If you only want to update the firmware to the newest version you can skip this step and go directly to the next one.

8. Run the batch file again and select Change the firmware option this time.

9. If you experience bootloops after flashing go to the Recovery and perform a factory reset (including wiping internal storage) then flash the firmware again.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobertHarkness

Sep 13, 2016
Birmingham
Disclaimer:
Code:

/*
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this TOOL
 */

Credits:
All the credits go to user gaguga and the people from the 4PDA. The contents of this guide are not my work - I merely translated it.

Requirements:
1. For this method to work you first need to unlock the bootloader or at least obtain the unlock code. That is explained in threads Unlock bootloader HONOR 9 and [Guide] How to get Bootloader unlock Code easily through Chinese site.
2. Owners of non-Chinese models have to disable FRP. Read about what that is and how to disable it here.

Steps:

Download the file HWOTA.zip and unpack it to the root of your system.

1. Make a backup of all the important files since all the data will be erased during the process (consider this as a warning!).

2. Check if the USB debugging is enabled and the FRP disabled.

3. Download the three zip-archives from here if you wish to flash the EU version of ROM. Otherwise download the files of the desired region using Firmware Finder.

4. Move the downloaded files to folder "HWOTA\Update" and rename them in this way:

5. Launch the file named update.bat which is located in the folder HWOTA and follow the instructions. Some instructions are in Russian since I haven’t yet had the time to translate them. Use Google Translate for the moment.

6. As a mode of update first choose the Rebrand option, then go to the Recovery and wipe all the data (including internal storage).

7. Run the batch file again and select Change the firmware option this time.

8. If you experience bootloops after flashing go to the Recovery and perform a factory reset (including wiping internal storage) then flash the firmware again.

Any idea why this keeps happening?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    23 KB · Views: 4,124

Ring0h

Aug 10, 2017
Nice guide. I'm just wondering, if I have the STF-AL10 model (6gb ram/64GB), could I flash to the STF-L09 firmware? From what I've seen, the European firmware is 4gb ram, so the hardware is slightly different to my Chinese 6gb variant.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    Code:

/*
     */

Credits:

Requirements:

MOD EDIT: Updated HWOTA found here thanks to @gaguga

Steps:

1. Download the file HWOTA.zip and unpack it to the root of your system. For instructions in English instead of Russian replace the hwota.sh file with this one.

2. Make a backup of all the important files since all the data will be erased during the process (consider this as a warning!).

3. Check if the USB debugging is enabled and the FRP disabled.

4. Download the three zip-archives from here if you wish to flash the EU version of ROM. Otherwise download the files of the desired region using Firmware Finder.

5. Move the downloaded files to folder "HWOTA\Update" and rename them in this way:

6. Launch the file named update.bat which is located in the folder HWOTA and follow the instructions.

7. As a mode of update first choose the Rebrand option, then go to the Recovery and wipe all the data (including internal storage). If you only want to update the firmware to the newest version you can skip this step and go directly to the next one.

8. Run the batch file again and select Change the firmware option this time.

9. If you experience bootloops after flashing go to the Recovery and perform a factory reset (including wiping internal storage) then flash the firmware again.
    Please can you reupload files, or repair links?
    The download links for HWOTA.zip and hwota.sh are broken.

Screenshot:
    6a274957b4a2ed0c3929313f2fde96f4.png

You can find the original HWOTA.zip on:
    https://mega.nz/#!DMZTTZjT!HgMwdS_bpf8nFCwJm6irbqcCgMggvykabcEOX0X8d0g

HWOTA_FF.zip: update translated from Russian, there is more OEMInfo files
    https://mega.nz/#!qZRWzDIK!HpVbdWQbvHrVOINIxr_sQ4e_NxOu6uxyxdDDIkMMSRc
    Yeah I worked it out, All is working now and my phone is running perfectly :D:D:D:D:D
    it's good
    Here in English
    https://yadi.sk/d/-EIIGunq3LqChX
    How do you manage to unlock bootloader? I got the unlocked code, then run bat, insert the code, but failed. Note that for mine, OEM unlock is missing in the developer option, is it hidden or wherever but it is not there. So, only developer option and usb debugging enabled. I suspect due to I am using windows 10, may be using windows 7 it will be OK. So, still I can not proceed anything

Forget the automatic mode... Just download "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" and open with Admin mode and then:
    1- unplug the phone from the computer and shut it down
    2- press vol- and at the same time plug the phone to the pc and keep pressing the vol- untill you see the fastboot mode with a red message "phone locked"
    3- type: fastboot oem unlock unlock_key (replace unlock_key with your key)
    4- Press ENTER and there you go

Then the system will do a low level factory reset, wait untill the system boot appear and there you go ;)

To check the unlock status just repeat the steps 1 and 2.

PS: Here you go the minimal adb and fastboot tools https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317790
    Nice guide. I'm just wondering, if I have the STF-AL10 model (6gb ram/64GB), could I flash to the STF-L09 firmware? From what I've seen, the European firmware is 4gb ram, so the hardware is slightly different to my Chinese 6gb variant.

it work!my stf-al10 6gb/128gb change to stf-l09c432 already!

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

Will this remove TWRP and relock bootloader?
    Will this remove Locked message?
    twrp will remove after rebrand ,bootloader will lock again !