[Guide] Redmi Note 3 SE - KATE - Official Bootloader Unlocking - tested & working!

Search This thread

blackpac

Feb 3, 2009
[Guide] Redmi Note 3 SE - KATE - Official Bootloader Unlocking - tested & working!

For those of you who are stuck on 50% Couldn't verify device - ''Current account is different from the account info on the device''

I would stongley advise to flash recovery and do nandroid backup before you proceed in case of bootloops, IMEI lose etc...
Don't forget to backup your data!!!

Files you'll need
fastboot_edl.7z https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3775693&d=1465328762 thanks to @emuzychenko
MiFlash 2016.08.30.0 http://api.bbs.miui.com/url/MiFlash
ROM File http://bigota.d.miui.com/6.7.14/kate_global_images_6.7.14_20160629.0000.25_6.0_global_1b43c8f07f.tgz
Mi Unlock Tool v1.1 http://en.miui.com/thread-221493-1-1.html

1. power off the device
2. boot the device into fasboot mode - hold volume down+power
3. reboot device to EDL mode - thanks to @emuzychenko
4. flash kate_global_images_6.7.14_20160629.0000.25_6.0_global_1b43c8f07f using MiFlash - make sure to select "CLEAN ALL" at the bottom BEFORE FLASHING
5. reboot device
6. hard reset the device Settings>Additional Settings>Backup & Reset>Factory Data Reset>Reset Phone
7. cleanboot the device
8. setup your Mi Account (mobile number or account number)
9. go to Settings>Additional Settings>Developer Options, enable "OEM unlocking" and "USB Debugging"
10. disconnect device from Computer
11. power off the device
12. boot the device into fasboot mode - hold volume down+power
13. login Mi Unlock v1.1 (mobile number or account number)
14. connect the phone to computer
15. proceed with UNLOCK

Enjoy!!! :cool:

***ROM version 6.7.14 is VERY unstable and may cause bootloops, It's highly advisble to change rom straight after bootloader unlocking, DO NOT stay on 6.7.14***

Please comment and share your experiance to keep this thread alive for other fed up Xiaomi Redmi note 3 SE locked bootloader claints to see ;)

Don't forget the "thanks!" button :)

Last edited:

rafaelbrunner

Jan 13, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
Are you working for MIUI/Xiaomi? my thread was deleted on MIUI forum

http://en.miui.com/thread-482974-1-1.html

" Your thread Redmi Note 3 SE - KATE - Official Bootloader Unlocking - tested & working! was Delete by Muz_paray
Repeated thread, this is only method and already shared
12:46, Jan-23-2017 "

On step 7:
- connect the device to computer and authorize it

Authorize what?!

sumitkhkh

Sep 23, 2012
Kurukshetra
i want to know how to Unlock Bootloader on redmi note 3 on marshmallow.
in Lollipop version i need to just replace emmc appsboot file in fastboot rom extracted folder then i can easily unlock its bootloader and installed twrp

but in marshmallow when i replaced same file which i used to unlock in lollipop fastboot rom it always shows unlock failed error

please anybody tell the solution for this

also i tried to unlock Officially. i got confirmation message on my both mi account to unlock permission but it always gives error current account is different from device account information

please help me to unlock bootloader officially/Unofficially on Marshmallow only

blackpac

Feb 3, 2009
@blackpac For me, it didn't work! :(

Error at 50%: Current account is different from the account info on the device.

But the account is the same!

There is nothing wrong with your account,
the KEY FACTOR of successful bootloader unlocking is to have the device MIUI version match your device MIUI version on Xiaomi server
If the MIUI version on your device and Xiaomi server are not the same it WILL NOT WORK

Since Xiaomi servers are not (and probably will not be) updated with the correct details of your device, you have 2 options:

1. Your device MIUI version is shown under your avatar on MIUI forum, your are lucky - flash that same version and follow the steps above with the right ROM file
2. Your device MIUI version is not shown under your avatar on MIUI forum - flash DEV ROMs in ascending order, from low to high, untill you'll have a match

Xiaomi doesn't really wants you to unlock the bootloader, it is why they make it so difficult
they have deleted my thread and I know of at least 4 devices who got unlocked with the method above
don't waste your time on MIUI forum so called "toturials", thier whole purpes is to give you a false understanding the fault is on your side and eventually to make you give up
all they say is to wait, wait and more wait - I have waited for 2 months :)

Good luck!

I'm quite surprised this thread have so many views but so few comments

Last edited:

rafaelbrunner

Jan 13, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
the KEY FACTOR of successful bootloader unlocking is to have the device MIUI version match your device MIUI version on Xiaomi server
If the MIUI version on your device and Xiaomi server are not the same it WILL NOT WORK

Since Xiaomi servers are not (and probably will not be) updated with the correct details of your device, you have 2 options:

1. Your device MIUI version is shown under your avatar on MIUI forum, your are lucky - flash that same version and follow the steps above with the right ROM file
2. Your device MIUI version is not shown under your avatar on MIUI forum - flash DEV ROMs in ascending order, from low to high, untill you'll have a match

Xiaomi doesn't really wants you to unlock the bootloader, it is why they make it so difficult
they have deleted my thread and I know of at least 4 devices who got unlocked with the method above
don't waste your time on MIUI forum so called "toturials", thier whole purpes is to let you understand the fault is on your side and eventually to give up

Good luck!

I'm quite surprised this thread have so many views but so little comments

On MIUI forum, it says: MIUI Version V8.1.1.0.MHRMIDI
Captura_de_Tela_2017_01_24_a_s_1_08_35_PM.png

I flashed it (MIUI V8.1.1.0.MHRMIDI Stable) with the modded emmc file, to unlock bootloader (and Alka recovery).
(Based on this post: http://en.miui.com/thread-345728-1-1.html)

When I try to unlock now (with modded emmc), it says: "No need to unlock this device".

I flashed original emmc and recovery files back (from V8.1.1.0.MHRMIDI), and still stuck on 50%: "Current account is different from the account info on the device."

blackpac

Feb 3, 2009
On MIUI forum, it says: MIUI Version V8.1.1.0.MHRMIDI
Captura_de_Tela_2017_01_24_a_s_1_08_35_PM.png

I flashed it (MIUI V8.1.1.0.MHRMIDI Stable) with the modded emmc file, to unlock bootloader (and Alka recovery).
(Based on this post: http://en.miui.com/thread-345728-1-1.html)

When I try to unlock now (with modded emmc), it says: "No need to unlock this device".

I flashed original emmc and recovery files back (from V8.1.1.0.MHRMIDI), and still stuck on 50%: "Current account is different from the account info on the device."

switch off "find me" on device
delete device from i.mi.com
sign out your MIUI account on device
login i.mi.com and make sure your device had been deleted, if not, delete it, log off and log back in, confirm the device is not on the account
do a full ROM flash of your ROM with MiFlash 2016.08.30.0
cleanboot device and switch off "find me"
***very importent - hard reset the device - Settings>Additional Settings>Backup & Reset>Factory Data Reset>Reset Phone
setup your Mi Account (I used mobile number)
go to Settings>About phone and tap on "MIUI Version" 7 times to enable "Developer Options"
go to Settings>Additional Settings>Developer Options, enable "OEM unlocking" and "USB Debugging"
connect device to the computer and authorize USB Debugging on the device
disconnect device from Computer
login to i.mi.com (I used mobile number)
find device
power off the device
boot the device into fasboot mode - hold volume down+power
login Mi Unlock v1.1 (I used mobile number)
connect the phone to computer
proceed with UNLOCK

I that doesn't work, I would try with latest GLOBAL DEV ROM.
if latest GLOBAL DEV ROM doesn't work, flash DEV ROMs in ascending order, from low to high, untill you'll have a match

Don't forget to do HARD RESET after every ROM flashed with MiFlash 2016.08.30.0

Last edited:

blackpac

Feb 3, 2009
So you suggesting to flash all dev roms until it works? Sounds crazy, especially since the files are not small.
You are right, it does sounds carzy, just sharing my experience

I can confirm at least 4 devices were unlocked easly using the version in OP, maybe Xiaomi blocked it...?

Any way, how to find the links for all ROM versions ?
On this link I can only found latest.
google "fastboot kate global images" etc

mooms

Nov 21, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Or even simpler, use this archive:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862693621
How to use: install mi flash if not already installed (included)
Boot to fastboot (power&Vol-), plug the phone on the PC, run the file edl.cmd from the folder fastboot_edl, the phone will boot in edl mode.
Now flash the image with MiFlash.
It will install patched bootloader and latest TWRP ZCX, and that's much quicker than flashing a full rom (take only 10 seconds versus 200 seconds when flashing a full MIUI ROM).
Tutorial (in French but with images):
http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/24...xiaomieu-mi-globe-cm/?page=68#comment-3709384

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For those of you who are stuck on 50% Couldn't verify device - ''Current account is different from the account info on the device''

I would stongley advise to flash recovery and do nandroid backup before you proceed in case of bootloops, IMEI lose etc...
    Don't forget to backup your data!!!

Files you'll need
    fastboot_edl.7z https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3775693&d=1465328762 thanks to @emuzychenko
    MiFlash 2016.08.30.0 http://api.bbs.miui.com/url/MiFlash
    ROM File http://bigota.d.miui.com/6.7.14/kate_global_images_6.7.14_20160629.0000.25_6.0_global_1b43c8f07f.tgz
    Mi Unlock Tool v1.1 http://en.miui.com/thread-221493-1-1.html

1. power off the device
    2. boot the device into fasboot mode - hold volume down+power
    3. reboot device to EDL mode - thanks to @emuzychenko
    4. flash kate_global_images_6.7.14_20160629.0000.25_6.0_global_1b43c8f07f using MiFlash - make sure to select "CLEAN ALL" at the bottom BEFORE FLASHING
    5. reboot device
    6. hard reset the device Settings>Additional Settings>Backup & Reset>Factory Data Reset>Reset Phone
    7. cleanboot the device
    8. setup your Mi Account (mobile number or account number)
    9. go to Settings>Additional Settings>Developer Options, enable "OEM unlocking" and "USB Debugging"
    10. disconnect device from Computer
    11. power off the device
    12. boot the device into fasboot mode - hold volume down+power
    13. login Mi Unlock v1.1 (mobile number or account number)
    14. connect the phone to computer
    15. proceed with UNLOCK

Enjoy!!! :cool:

***ROM version 6.7.14 is VERY unstable and may cause bootloops, It's highly advisble to change rom straight after bootloader unlocking, DO NOT stay on 6.7.14***

Please comment and share your experiance to keep this thread alive for other fed up Xiaomi Redmi note 3 SE locked bootloader claints to see ;)

Don't forget the "thanks!" button :)
    @blackpac For me, it didn't work! :(

Error at 50%: Current account is different from the account info on the device.

But the account is the same!

don't waste your time on MIUI forum so called "toturials", thier whole purpes is to give you a false understanding the fault is on your side and eventually to make you give up

Good luck!

I'm quite surprised this thread have so many views but so few comments
    Successfully unlocked, finally, on MM.

Some pointers to anyone trying to unlock.
    1. To make sure I had the latest bootloader, I used 6.7.14 but in the fastboot files replaced the bootloader file (the emmc_apps.bin) with the one from the latest dev rom for kate (at time of this writing this is 7.5.19). This way I made sure that I had the latest bootloader so I wouldn't have any issues with LineageOS.
    2. I also replaced the recovery image with the one that is pointed in the topic about using LineageOS with locked bootloader (I'll explain why in a second).
    3. Flashed the rom from EDL mode
    3.1 If you are like me - 6.7.14 will bootloop for you, no matter if you selected clean all in the EDL flasher. Xiaomi scripts suck, they don't clean **** from the phone.
    3.2 If you encounter bootloops, I suggest immediately after flashing the 6.7.14 and before first boot, to boot into recovery. It will load the TWRP (probably it will be in Chinese, but change the language to a preferred and supported one) and do a factory reset. This will wipe the data partition of the phone. Reboot to system from TWRP
    3.3 Wait for the phone to boot. Following the wipe after flash, the phone boots perfectly fine. Takes sometime though (~10 min probably). Make sure it doesn't bootloop. During the first boot you will see a progress bar. After that is finished, it will boot. Be patient (not too patient though, if more than 15 min, something went wrong, reflash again from EDL mode and do the 3.1-3.3 steps again)
    4. Once you boot into the ROM, login to your MiAccount. Follow the instructions in all the dumb procedures in miui forum how to enable developer mode, enable oem unlock, etc. This rom does not require association with device <-> account, which is why it works.
    5. Check your profile in miui forum. Take a look what does it say under ROM. When you see 6.7.14, your phone has updated Xiaomi's infra. You are almost there.
    6. Use the unlock tool. The old tool 1.1.xxxx version did not unlock it for me, reporting various errors. I used the 2.2.xxxx versions. Initially it reported "time too short" between device association and Xiaomi's infra, but it also gave back info on hours. They require 72 hours. So you have to stay on the 6.7.14 rom for 72 hours. After that I used 1.1 tool and it didn't unlock. Closed it, opened the 2.2 tool. Device got unlocked immediately.
    7. Now I have completely unlocked device on MM with the latest bootloader from Xiaomi's dev rom. Flashed TWRP, reformated the phone to f2fs, cleaned it, flashed LinageOS from 03/05/2017 (this was the latest I got before relocking), did a TitaniumBackup recovery and finally flashed the latest LOS. (sidenote: I also updated the firmware for kate /the ones without the bootloader in them, because I was coming from an old dev rom i.e. 6.7.14/).
    8. Finally a working phone, I hope I don't have to repeat this bull**** again in the future. Xioami sucks, not gonna buy anymore phones from them.
    Thanks. What a pain. I'll try some of your suggestions. How do you boot into recovery after flashing 6.7.14? I just get an icon to connect my device via USB to connect PC Suite, no options to factory reset...

Search the topic about installing Lineage without unlocking. There's a link to a TWRP recovery there. Download that and replace the original recovery.img with the twrp. After flashing in EDL mode, immediately restart into recovery (hold vol-up + pwr). Don't let it boot to the ROM, it will replace the recovery. Btw, if you manage to boot to the ROM, I don't think that you need to boot to recovery and wipe, as I did that, because it was bootlooping.

What I would think is far more important is to replace the bootloader file from 6.7.14 with the one from the latest dev rom. They are different, according to the sha sums, however I managed to unlock the transplanted bootloader without issues. Let me know if I can help with something as I know what a PITA this has been.
    Or even simpler, use this archive:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862693621
    How to use: install mi flash if not already installed (included)
    Boot to fastboot (power&Vol-), plug the phone on the PC, run the file edl.cmd from the folder fastboot_edl, the phone will boot in edl mode.
    Now flash the image with MiFlash.
    It will install patched bootloader and latest TWRP ZCX, and that's much quicker than flashing a full rom (take only 10 seconds versus 200 seconds when flashing a full MIUI ROM).
    Tutorial (in French but with images):
    http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/24...xiaomieu-mi-globe-cm/?page=68#comment-3709384
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone