[Guide][Ref][Armani] [Build Your Own] Project Developer - AIO TUTORIAL

Search This thread

dels07

Nov 1, 2012
Jakarta
I tried compiling kernel using sabermod 4.9 and have successful result, how to add -ofast and graphite optimization compiler flag? and where I can get sabermod 4.10?

arunal_123

Oct 2, 2012
@rebelos
You have a small typo error in the 3rd post for installing JDK.
It should be
"$ sudo apt-get install oracle-java7-installer"
Only the word "install" is missing. Hope this helps...

Thanks...

dels07

Nov 1, 2012
Jakarta
a typo in CM12 section:
For CM 11.0 KitKat 4.4.x should be For CM 12.0 Lolipop 5.0.x

also could you explain how to add ofast, o3 and graphite?

R

rebelos

a typo in CM12 section:
For CM 11.0 KitKat 4.4.x should be For CM 12.0 Lolipop 5.0.x

also could you explain how to add ofast, o3 and graphite?

Thank you So Much Bro For finding that typo :)

regarding -ofast , o3 and -fgraphite Flags :: = Aim of this project is to help new guys , Advanced Flags Require Proper Toolchains [Eg. for -fgraphite you need gcc 4.9.x Toolchain] , i might make a new Thread if guys are need a Proper Kernel Stuff understanding tutorial :)

Last edited:

dels07

Nov 1, 2012
Jakarta

regarding -ofast , o3 and -fgraphite Flags :: = Aim of this project is to help new guys , Advanced Flags Require Proper Toolchains [Eg. for -fgraphite you need gcc 4.9.x Toolchain] , i might make a new Thread if guys are need a Proper Kernel Stuff understanding tutorial :)
would be glad if you would do that.
btw again, for CM12 compiling we have to install openjdk-7 so you should add that to in build environment setup or CM12 section

Shahan_mik3

Mar 8, 2013
Bangalore

Thanks a lot for the guide. will try to build a rom following the steps.

Can i know the download size of cm12 for redmi 1s?

i have 3ghz dual core with 2gig ram and 200 gig allocated for linux.

is it enough?

dels07

Nov 1, 2012
Jakarta
Thanks a lot for the guide. will try to build a rom following the steps.

Can i know the download size of cm12 for redmi 1s?

i have 3ghz dual core with 2gig ram and 200 gig allocated for linux.

is it enough?
compiling rom with dual core and 2 GB ram? it would be painful, get at least 4 GB ram and quadcore processor

doylefermi

Mar 6, 2014
Thanks for such a wonderful guide!!!

Could you plz give me a hint on hw 2 add network speed indicators etc to CM. Or port other features from other ROMs :)

stety

Jul 4, 2012
Build CM11 error

Hi guys,
I'm trying to build cm11 for armani using this guide, but I get this error:
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target 
„/home/stety/cm11/out/target/product/armani/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libqdutils_intermediates/export_includes“ 
required for 
„/home/stety/cm11/out/target/product/armani/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsurfaceflinger_intermediates/import_includes“.
 End.

Can you advise me what am I doing wrong?

Edit: Fixed
Solution: Add these two lines to local_manifests/device.xml
Code:
<project path="hardware/qcom/display-caf-new" name="armani-dev/android_hardware_qcom_display-caf-new" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project path="hardware/qcom/media-caf-new" name="armani-dev/android_hardware_qcom_media-caf-new" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
Or:It should also help to change these lines: (in device/xiaomi/armani/BoardConfig.mk) (Untested)
Code:
TARGET_QCOM_DISPLAY_VARIANT := caf-new
to
Code:
TARGET_QCOM_DISPLAY_VARIANT := caf
and
Code:
TARGET_QCOM_MEDIA_VARIANT := caf-new
to
Code:
TARGET_QCOM_MEDIA_VARIANT := caf
But I do not know what is better. caf or caf-new?
Also would like to update the tutorial.

Last edited:

just_hear

May 5, 2014
build help for cm11

i am new here,so please forgive my poor format.
i want to follow your steps to build an rom for my red mi 1s.
my os is :ubuntu 14.04 64 bit
the code is cm11
the build environment is ok,i even install oracle 1.6&1.7
the added manifest.xml is as follow
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<!-- armani Specific -->
<project path="device/qcom/common" name="CyanogenMod/android_device_qcom_common" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project path="hardware/qcom/fm" name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_fm" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project path="kernel/xiaomi/armani" name="armani-dev/android_kernel_xiaomi_armani" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project path="device/xiaomi/armani" name="armani-dev/android_device_xiaomi_armani" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project path="vendor/xiaomi" name="armani-dev/proprietary_vendor_xiaomi" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project path="hardware/qcom/display-caf-new" name="armani-dev/android_hardware_qcom_display-caf-new" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
<project path="hardware/qcom/media-caf-new" name="armani-dev/android_hardware_qcom_media-caf-new" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
</manifest>
then when i sync over all code .
Code:
. build/envsetup.sh
brunch armani
and finally i got the package cm-11-20150825-UNOFFICIAL-armani.zip,but when i use this package .i got an error said that :
Code:
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
E:Zip file is corrupt!
is anything i am doing wrong? please help me !thx

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Hi guys,
I'm trying to build cm11 for armani using this guide, but I get this error:
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target 
„/home/stety/cm11/out/target/product/armani/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libqdutils_intermediates/export_includes“ 
required for 
„/home/stety/cm11/out/target/product/armani/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libsurfaceflinger_intermediates/import_includes“.
 End.

Can you advise me what am I doing wrong?

Edit: Fixed
Solution: Add these two lines to local_manifests/device.xml
Code:
Or:It should also help to change these lines: (in device/xiaomi/armani/BoardConfig.mk) (Untested)
Code:
TARGET_QCOM_DISPLAY_VARIANT := caf-new
to
Code:
TARGET_QCOM_DISPLAY_VARIANT := caf
and
Code:
TARGET_QCOM_MEDIA_VARIANT := caf-new
to
Code:
TARGET_QCOM_MEDIA_VARIANT := caf
But I do not know what is better. caf or caf-new?
Also would like to update the tutorial.
did you build success? i follow your solution,but got an zip that can not flash.it said
Code:
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
E:Zip file is corrupt!
can you give me some advice? thx!

Top Liked Posts