(Guide) Relock Bootloader/Back To Stock.

Search This thread

debdeep98

Jan 19, 2018
IN
Realme 6 Pro
This guide is for those who are on unlocked bootloader/custom roms and want to go back to realme UI 1.0 and relock

Needless to say, me, and the makers of realme flash-tool and TWRP/other recoveries wouldn't be responsible for any damage caused to your device. Having said that, this method has been tested and should be fine for realme UI 1.0.

First things first, if you are on custom rom or on rooted stock rom you need to revert to unmodified stock rom.
*Warning :-Make absolutely sure that you are not relocking by flashing an older version, always flash the current or newer i:e If you unlocked while being on version A.19 make sure to flash A.19 and/or newer versions and not A.17. While I'm not sure if this will result in a brick or not and have no intentions of trying, this may result in a hardbrick.*

Links to firmware (RMX2061/EUxxxxxxx.ozip). Search for realme 6pro from the list.

*Do not lock bootloader while on custom rom.*
*Do not lock bootloader if you're rooted.*
*Do not lock bootloader with any custom partitions even vbmeta with disabled verity and verification.*

IF YOU DO SO YOU'LL END UP WITH A BRICK WHICH CAN ONLY BE FIXED AT A SERVICE CENTER. YOUR PHONE WILL DISPLAY AN ERROR MESSAGE SAYING PARTITONS ARE CORRUPT/DAMAGED.
Backup your stuff before proceeding.

There are three ways to revert to stock:
1. Using RFT (Realme Flashtool) by @sayaoks :-
Instructions provided on the thread.
2. Using TWRP (use the latest from the recovery section).
*Wipe>Format Data> type yes> format
*Reboot>reboot to recovery
*Install > Select .ozip> Swipe to flash
*Reboot
Do not select disable-vbmeta or avb_patcher or anything of that sort.
Recommended-
3. Using stock recovery.
From system:- To flash using stock recovery, download and put the .ozip in the root of storage and from realme file manager tap on it. It will start Flashing in the stock recovery.
From recovery:- Download and put the .ozip in the root of storage, then reboot to recovery.
Your Language> Install from storage> enter password(only if you have one)> Phone/SDcard and then select the .ozip.

Any custom recovery.img/boot.img should now be replaced with stock.

After flashing is successful and the device has booted to stock rom reboot to the bootloader.

If you want to be extra careful, and used RFT or TWRP/Custom Recovery to flash stock rom, you can flash the fw again using stock recovery after the phone has booted up(steps mentioned above).

Connect the phone to PC and enter command
Code:
fastboot flashing lock

Now on the phone select lock bootloader with the help of volume up and power buttons.
EwswV1X.png

Wait for it to complete... and you will boot into the OS with a locked bootloader.

Thanks to @Satham spot & @sayaoks

Last edited:

Andres88z

May 28, 2017
I'm on RMX2063_11_A35 I can't find an update more recent than RMX2061EU_11.A.26 Can I use this method and update via OTA and then lock the bootloader?

debdeep98

Jan 19, 2018
IN
Realme 6 Pro
I'm on RMX2063_11_A35 I can't find an update more recent than RMX2061EU_11.A.26 Can I use this method and update via OTA and then lock the bootloader?

A35 is the latest version for IN firmware. Latest for EU is A28, which is up on realme EU website.
If you want A35 firmware just visit the Indian downloads page.
And yes you can update to a newer version than whatever you unlocked on and then lock on the newer version. Make sure everything is just stock meaning no twrp,patched boot and/or custom recovery.

Andres88z

May 28, 2017
Don't have a brick to use the rmx2061 model? instead of device 2063, what method do you recommend.

debdeep98

Jan 19, 2018
IN
Realme 6 Pro
Don't have a brick to use the rmx2061 model? instead of device 2063, what method do you recommend.

Well I know someone having Indonesian/Indian model and locking on the EU firmware. It didn't brick but not sure what will happen in the future when an OTA drops.
Lock on the same firmware as the device, like eu device with eu fw and so on (just to be safe).
You can use any methods to get to stock, just to be extra sure, when the phone boots up after flashing stock and before locking, put the fw in the root storage of the phone and re-flash again with the stock recovery. And then proceed to lock.

Andres88z

May 28, 2017
thanks to carry out the process and start correctly, I got an update of only 300 mb ls which gave me an error, but soon the same RMX2063a1135 came out but 3.5 gb which if it was installed and now I am as I started, without root or magisk, The question is, since the most recent was installed via ota, can I close the bootloader?

debdeep98

Jan 19, 2018
IN
Realme 6 Pro
thanks to carry out the process and start correctly, I got an update of only 300 mb ls which gave me an error, but soon the same RMX2063a1135 came out but 3.5 gb which if it was installed and now I am as I started, without root or magisk, The question is, since the most recent was installed via ota, can I close the bootloader?

Yes

kiro_koko

Jul 24, 2016
Realme 6 Pro
I have installed custom rom and I need to return to stock rom
all stock versions I found are ui 1.0 only
I unlocked the bootloader while using latest ui 2.0
what should I do to return to stock rom please ?