[Guide]Remove "your device is corrupted and can not be trusted" issue

P53mutant

Apr 4, 2018
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
   thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
 * Do not point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
*****Please keep in mind that there are 3 types of warning messages appear in our device ASUS max pro m1 (601/602) so verify what type of warning it is and follow according to that*****

***** 3 types of warning*****
UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER WARNING

IMAGEIMG_20191009_151709.jpg

it will appear if you unlock your bootloader by unofficial method or official method. Right now, there is no way to remove this warning unless you lock your bootloader again or flash fast boot(service)rom.

DM-VERITY ERROR [IN RED FONT]

• look closely at image. here says “PRESS POWER BUTTON TO CONTINUE”
• this warning comes when dm-verity become disable and also while updating/upgrading from OTA
• first and for most check that are you able to boot into system or not and for that press and hold power button at red warning and release power button as soon as warning screen changes after that you will get “powered by android” and “ASUS” logo. there are 2 scenarios

1) If you are not able to boot into system and/or stuck at “ASUS” logo do this
A. Go to Asus max pro m1 support site. Here is the link https://www.asus.com/in/Phone/ZenFone-Max-Pro-ZB601KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/
B. Download latest update zip (check date if you don’t know which is latest)
C. Copy and paste that zip into external SD card and insert that SD-card into your device
D. Press and hold power button until display went off and release power button as soon as display turn on press and hold volume down key (this will lead to recovery mode of the device)
IMAGEIMG_20191009_143913.jpg

E. Once you are into recovery mode select>apply manually from external storage> select that downloaded zip
IMAGE IMG_20191009_144031.jpg
(UL_asusXXXXXX). wait for the installation. Once successful installation done select> reboot into system
F. After that you will be able to login into system
G. Once you boot into system go to settings>System (last option)>about phone>and click multiple times on Build number. [ this will enable developer options]
H. Go back once and open developer options>in debugging enable usb debugging> allow it>pop up will appear on your device screen just tick mark and allow again (if pop up doesn’t appear don’t worry it will appear in [J.] point
I. Now download ‘minimal adb and fastboot’ from xda link https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317790and setup it.
J. Open command prompt in minimal adb and fastboot folder and type these two commands
IMAGE [/ATTACH]

Code:
adb devices
Code:
adb reboot "dm-verity enforcing"
K. On successful command entry your device will reboot and now no more red warning.

2) IF YOU ARE ABLE TO BOOT INTO SYSTEM FOLLOW THIS

a) Once you boot into system go to settings>System (last option)>about phone>and click multiple times on Build number. [ this will enable developer options]
b) Go back once and open developer options>in debugging enable usb debugging> allow it>pop up will appear on your device screen just tick mark and allow again (if pop up doesn’t appear don’t worry it will appear in [J.] point
c) Now download ‘minimal adb and fastboot’ from xda link https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317790 and setup it.
d) Open command prompt in minimal adb and fastboot folder and type these two commands
IMAGES [/ATTACH]

Code:
adb devices
Code:
adb reboot "dm-verity enforcing"
e) On successful command entry your device will reboot and now no more red warning.

3)IF YOU HAVE CUSTOM RECOVERY INSTALLED YOU CAN FOLLOW THIS TOO
Reboot into recovery>advance>terminal>type this command
Code:
reboot "dm-verity enforcing"
Device will reboot on successful command entry

RED STATE ALERT
image IMG_20191009_152629.jpg

see image – this is different from above one. In this error will be like this “your device will shutdown in 30secs”

This type of warning appears if you relock your bootloader with custom rom, kernel, recovery, or with magisk root / or faulty boot.img / or faulty recovery.img

So, for this type of warning you can do below steps
a. Unlock your bootloader via unofficial method> remove root (by flashing magisk uninstaller) and remove custom recovery (by flashing official recovery) and then relock bootloader
b. Or you can flash fast boot (service) rom but in this you will lose all your internal storage

Last edited:

P53mutant

Apr 4, 2018
bro in command prompt, when i enter the command nothing happens
elaborate what r u doing. i cant help u if u explain in details. rough explaination is.
download minimal adb and fastboot
unzip in to c:\ drive .
connect ur phone
enable usb debugging mode from developer settings
run first command to check if device is connected or not. if not install proper driver and again run command.
ur device should reboot after successful command

Aug 15, 2016
Hey, i used the command [reboot "dm-verity enforcing" ] in my twrp , dm-varity mode is true but I can't wipe anything in twrp, also internal shows 0mb in TWRP......plzz help
Edit- I flashed magisk, after reboot everything is fine

Last edited:
Reactions: jaum20

P53mutant

Apr 4, 2018
Hey, i used the command [reboot "dm-verity enforcing" ] in my twrp , dm-varity mode is true but I can't wipe anything in twrp, also internal shows 0mb in TWRP......plzz help
this is only to make dm-verity enforcing and to remove red alert msg on rebooting device. to decryption u hve to use different zip and updated recovery

Reactions: Mahaadev1717

yamzeibbed

May 3, 2015
How error looks like?

Q=Why it appears?
A= It is due to disabled dm-verity (which has to be enforcing). so device integrity check fails and this type of red alert shows on devcie.

Q= How to check dm-verity mode
A=
To check that go to fastboot mode and type

if verity mode come as TRUE-no problem
but come as FALSE- you will get error eventually

Q= How to remove error and how to make dmverity enforcing? simple
A= 1) If you able to boot into system
a)Turn on developer option
b)Turn on Usb debugging mode
c)Run
d) Finally run
if all goes well your phone will restart and no more error.

2) IF you have custom recovery you can go into recovery and use terminal option
type

After that if you want to check run to check verity mode

there is another type of red alert(red state)

this is due to if you relock your bootloader with custom recovery or root. so for that
To solve this you can do
1) unlock bootloader-remove root if you have installed-remove custom recovery(by flashing official recovery) and relock
or you can do
2) by flashing fastboot rom(service rom,raw factory image)(all data will be wiped)

Will this work on the problem we face if we root or install custom roms in our phone where there is a warning that states bootloader is unlocked etc. when restarting our device?

AMZzee611

Sep 10, 2019
how do i access adb when phone won't turn on? i can enter into fastboot mode but it wont normally turn on. it gets stuck at that error. when i execute the variety command it says no device found, pls help me out here.

P53mutant

Apr 4, 2018
how do i access adb when phone won't turn on? i can enter into fastboot mode but it wont normally turn on. it gets stuck at that error. when i execute the variety command it says no device found, pls help me out here.
Read the error and do what it says. If it says press power button to continue than do it. Device will start.
If your device error says phone will switch off in 30 sec like that than check description what to do.
Already mentioned there are two type of red alert msg. Kindly upload what type of error u get if u dont understand

AMZzee611

Sep 10, 2019
Read the error and do what it says. If it says press power button to continue than do it. Device will start.
If your device error says phone will switch off in 30 sec like that than check description what to do.
Already mentioned there are two type of red alert msg. Kindly upload what type of error u get if u dont understand
Thanks for the reply, the device wasn't starting even after pressing the power button at the error page. Solved it by clearing the cache through the recovery mode and the device started. Cheers ✌

jaum20

Jul 27, 2017
Thanks m8, you just saved my device :cowboy::good: