[GUIDE] Repair IMEI on Qualcomm Snapdragon Devices

Search This thread

text1

Jan 24, 2012
BAKU
With this tool, a user can write IMEI to a Qualcomm device and restore NULL IMEI or fix corrupted IMEI on Qualcomm Snapdragon devices. you must follow the steps listed below to prepare your device for the Qualcomm IMEI repair process.

Preparation :

• Enable USB Debugging on your device from Developer Options. [[ If Developer Options are missing from your Android phone settings, then go to Settings > About Phone and tap on Build Number for 7-10 times ]].
  • Some devices need an unlocked bootloader. If it is not unlocked, then unlock the bootloader on your device from here.
  • Need proper Root permissions. (with Magisk ).
  • download and setup SDK Platform Tools on PC. ( Download SDK Platform Tools For windows ).
  • Qualcomm_Smartphone_Write_IMEI_Tool_v1.01.

Steps to Repair IMEI of Snapdragon Device

1- Download and extract qualcomm driver.zip .

2- install Qualcomm COM Port Driver manually.

Open the Device Manager :

4.jpg

2-2 Right-click on PC-NAME and Add drivers :

5.jpg

2-3 Select Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer and install Qualcomm COM Port Driver manually.

6.jpg

3- Extract SDK Platform Tools and copy to C:/ .
4- Connect your device to PC using USB Cable.
5- Open command window ( Run as administrator ).

2.jpg

5-1 Now in CMD type the below commands :

cd C:/(SDK Platform Tools location)

3.jpg

setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb

***** It will open DIAG COM Port or enable DIAG Port.

6- Download and extract Qualcomm_Smartphone_Write_IMEI_Tool_v1.01.zip on your PC.
7- Run Qualcomm_Smartphone_Write_IMEI.exe (Qualcomm IMEI Changer) as administrator.
8- Open settings ( PASSWORD : ustest ).

7.jpg

9- Select Write IMEI1 ( If you have dual SIM device then also select Write IMEI2 ) and click on OK .

8.jpg

10- Enter the IMEI number in the space provided and select COM Port ( COM port : USB ) and then Click on the Write1 Button to begin the Writing Process.
11- You should see the PASS message after a second or two.
12- Now, Reboot your device and check the IMEI by dialing *#06#.

we are done repairing IMEI on Snapdragon powered devices.

Attachments

• qualcomm driver.zip
    3 MB · Views: 1,758
  • Qualcomm_Smartphone_Write_IMEI_Tool_v1.01.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,827
Last edited by a moderator:

hhkx

May 24, 2022
I don't think it is a connection problem because before using pixel 5 diag mode codes below it was giving "connection timeout error".

After applying those, it says SN fail. I also see qualcom com connections in ports in Windows device manager

adb shell
su
resetprop ro.bootmode usbradio
resetprop ro.build.type userdebug
setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,adb
diag_mdlog

text1

Jan 24, 2012
BAKU
I don't think it is a connection problem because before using pixel 5 diag mode codes below it was giving "connection timeout error".

After applying those, it says SN fail. I also see qualcom com connections in ports in Windows device manager

adb shell
su
resetprop ro.bootmode usbradio
resetprop ro.build.type userdebug
setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,adb
diag_mdlog

Hello

This error occurs when there is no connection between the phone and the application.
Please follow the steps carefully and make sure the driver is fully installed on the computer.

arcslt18

Oct 8, 2012
it does not work as mentioned. I have had a million tries with it.
Qualcomm drivers installed.
Phone detected in Qcom Diag Mode
Tried using Fastboot
Using EDL
Using ADB
Using every other method listed on the internet.
Still says ( Connecting to the device and failed at the end.)
any suggestions?
P.S thank you for your work.

Nixeus2

Mar 11, 2020
Hello,

Tried to repair IMEI on One plus 10 pro ( sm8450) and it doesn't worked saddly. Said it was changed, rebooted the phone but the old IMEI were still there.

Looking for a reliable way to repair One Plus 10 pro IMEI

XDingrok

Jun 27, 2022
If the IMEI is changed, will the phone (Pixel 4XL specifically) continue to receive updates? If yes, then would it be safe to download and install those updates?

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
<Moderator Note>: "Repairing" an IMEI; i.e. restoring a device's original IMEI is legal. Changing your IMEI from the device's original IMEI is illegal in many countries, and is not allowed on XDA. I've removed the word "Change" from the thread title and one place in the OP.

Rule 9 of 📚 XDA Developers Forum Rules 📚:
9. Don't get us into trouble.

Don't post copyrighted materials or do other things which will obviously lead to legal trouble. If you wouldn't do it on your own homepage, you probably shouldn't do it here either. This does not mean that we agree with everything that the software piracy lobby try to impose on us. It simply means that you cannot break any laws here, since we'll end up dealing with the legal hassle caused by you. Please use common sense: respect the forum, its users and those that write great code.

OperationNT

Apr 1, 2013
Tested on Xiaomi M9T Pro (because my mobile operator activated some features only on specifc phones so I wish to fake another brand/model)
It always displays "FAIL". :-(

tura999

May 2, 2011
Hi, and thanks for the tutorial, it is possible to work on S20FE (qualcomm 865 - sm8250) ?
Thanks, i will wait for your answer !

Reactions: johnmaster

rjshooter

Feb 16, 2021
Doesn't work on my Samsung S20+ 5G, the DIAG Port is enabled (showed on device manager on COM7) but the app fails to detect connection to my phone. is there any way to repair the IMEI on snapdragon device? I messed up mine bad.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With this tool, a user can write IMEI to a Qualcomm device and restore NULL IMEI or fix corrupted IMEI on Qualcomm Snapdragon devices. you must follow the steps listed below to prepare your device for the Qualcomm IMEI repair process.

Preparation :

• Enable USB Debugging on your device from Developer Options. [[ If Developer Options are missing from your Android phone settings, then go to Settings > About Phone and tap on Build Number for 7-10 times ]].
    • Some devices need an unlocked bootloader. If it is not unlocked, then unlock the bootloader on your device from here.
    • Need proper Root permissions. (with Magisk ).
    • download and setup SDK Platform Tools on PC. ( Download SDK Platform Tools For windows ).
    • Qualcomm_Smartphone_Write_IMEI_Tool_v1.01.

Steps to Repair IMEI of Snapdragon Device

1- Download and extract qualcomm driver.zip .

2- install Qualcomm COM Port Driver manually.

Open the Device Manager :

4.jpg

2-2 Right-click on PC-NAME and Add drivers :

5.jpg

2-3 Select Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer and install Qualcomm COM Port Driver manually.

6.jpg

3- Extract SDK Platform Tools and copy to C:/ .
    4- Connect your device to PC using USB Cable.
    5- Open command window ( Run as administrator ).

2.jpg

5-1 Now in CMD type the below commands :

cd C:/(SDK Platform Tools location)

3.jpg

setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb

***** It will open DIAG COM Port or enable DIAG Port.

6- Download and extract Qualcomm_Smartphone_Write_IMEI_Tool_v1.01.zip on your PC.
    7- Run Qualcomm_Smartphone_Write_IMEI.exe (Qualcomm IMEI Changer) as administrator.
    8- Open settings ( PASSWORD : ustest ).

7.jpg

9- Select Write IMEI1 ( If you have dual SIM device then also select Write IMEI2 ) and click on OK .

8.jpg

10- Enter the IMEI number in the space provided and select COM Port ( COM port : USB ) and then Click on the Write1 Button to begin the Writing Process.
    11- You should see the PASS message after a second or two.
    12- Now, Reboot your device and check the IMEI by dialing *#06#.

we are done repairing IMEI on Snapdragon powered devices.
    <Moderator Note>: "Repairing" an IMEI; i.e. restoring a device's original IMEI is legal. Changing your IMEI from the device's original IMEI is illegal in many countries, and is not allowed on XDA. I've removed the word "Change" from the thread title and one place in the OP.

Rule 9 of 📚 XDA Developers Forum Rules 📚:
    9. Don't get us into trouble.

Don't post copyrighted materials or do other things which will obviously lead to legal trouble. If you wouldn't do it on your own homepage, you probably shouldn't do it here either. This does not mean that we agree with everything that the software piracy lobby try to impose on us. It simply means that you cannot break any laws here, since we'll end up dealing with the legal hassle caused by you. Please use common sense: respect the forum, its users and those that write great code.
    Hi. Is it useful for snapdragon 855 devices? Especially lg v50?
    Who has done this successfully?
    Hi, and thanks for the tutorial, it is possible to work on S20FE (qualcomm 865 - sm8250) ?
    Thanks, i will wait for your answer !