[GUIDE] Restore Official CM12 Firmware

Search This thread

Turboapache

Oct 10, 2014
Hey, I made a video describing how to unbrick bricked yureka's. Please visit, do tell how it is and don't forget to subscribe for future stuff.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

can we downgrade yureka plus from cm12.1 to cm12 using this process ?
Yes, you can downgrade to android 5.0 using the method just download the required ROM file and flash it using your recovery.
Please visit the video I posted (youtube) check below. It contains steps to unbrick yureka. Do share and subscribe.

SunnyGrewal11

Jul 30, 2013
hello .. m on 12.1 now n want to get back to 12 like it was more stable i think .. so like to do this i just need the 12 rom n flash it normally from recovery ?? is that it ?? like i have been flashing roms on other fones so its gonna b the same process or should i follow the steps in the first post ?
my fone is rooted and have teamwin recovery .... so like should i do this with adbfastboot or just normally flash this from recovery ?
one more thing like do i need to format data n system when i flash this ?

Last edited:

vasurai123

Jul 7, 2015
IMP : You need to be on 5.x.x Rom

Download official CM12 firmware image files.
Link : http://builds.cyngn.com/cyanogen-os/tomato/12.0-YNG1TAS0W0-tomato/56deeca328/cm-12.0-YNG1TAS0W0-tomato-signed-fastboot.zip

Download and install yureka drivers so that your pc can detect your phone.
Link : http://xdaforums.com/yureka/help/fix-yureka-fastboot-detection-issues-t3014794
credits to @b3Nz@

Download adb and mfastboot files.
Link : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B05Crz57q4zgZE1aVW5FT1RsUUU&usp=sharing

Extract mfastboot files and factory images to a folder.
Open command prompt there.
Reboot your yureka into fastboot mode.

Now, its the time to enter commands. Execute these lines of command one by one checking that each command you executed returned ok !

commands :

mfastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock

mfastboot -i 0x1ebf flash boot boot.img

mfastboot -i 0x1ebf flash system system.img

mfastboot -i 0x1ebf flash userdata userdata.img

mfastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery.img

mfastboot -i 0x1ebf flash modem NON-HLOS.bin

mfastboot -i 0x1ebf flash rpm rpm.mbn

mfastboot -i 0x1ebf flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn

mfastboot -i 0x1ebf flash tz tz.mbn

mfastboot -i 0x1ebf flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn

After successful execution, disconnect yureka from pc and reboot.

If every command you entered was successfully executed, your phone will reboot into stock CM12 firmware !

Please don't do this if your are on 4.4.x Rom. It will hard brick your device.

Hit thanks, if helped ! :good:

bro when i connect my phone in fastboot mode it reboot help me plz plz plz plz
tnx in advance

rom installers

Feb 3, 2017
Plz help

I want to revert back to stock firmware and i m not able to wipe my old rom using recovery. Is it safe to proceed to this method. Please please reply... It would br great help

RohitChan

Aug 17, 2014
Hi, I have a Yureka as a secondary phone just to play around and tweak with.
I've been on RR - Oreo, for a long time. Switched to AEX 5.7 recently and updated the recovery yesterday, downloaded the latest TWRP official and tried booting on it. But the device is stuck on the YU splash screen and bootloops.
Followed all the steps here, and installed CM12.1 official firmware. (Thanks to prince.d.emperor for this thread)
The device booted up optimized the apps and while on the setup screen, it started to bootloop again. So, I'm back to YU splash screen. I don't know what else can be done here. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks in advance. :)

Edit: I'm able to boot into recovery (both stock and custom) but not able to boot into any rom.

Last edited:

Rajendran Rasa

Oct 17, 2015
Thanjavur
Xiaomi Mi A3
Hi, I have a Yureka as a secondary phone just to play around and tweak with.
I've been on RR - Oreo, for a long time. Switched to AEX 5.7 recently and updated the recovery yesterday, downloaded the latest TWRP official and tried booting on it. But the device is stuck on the YU splash screen and bootloops.
Followed all the steps here, and installed CM12.1 official firmware. (Thanks to prince.d.emperor for this thread)
The device booted up optimized the apps and while on the setup screen, it started to bootloop again. So, I'm back to YU splash screen. I don't know what else can be done here. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks in advance. :)

Edit: I'm able to boot into recovery (both stock and custom) but not able to boot into any rom.
Clear data and cache in twrp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMP : You need to be on 5.x.x Rom

Download official CM12 firmware image files.
    Link : http://builds.cyngn.com/cyanogen-os/tomato/12.0-YNG1TAS0W0-tomato/56deeca328/cm-12.0-YNG1TAS0W0-tomato-signed-fastboot.zip

Download and install yureka drivers so that your pc can detect your phone.
    Link : http://xdaforums.com/yureka/help/fix-yureka-fastboot-detection-issues-t3014794
    credits to @b3Nz@

Download adb and mfastboot files.
    Link : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B05Crz57q4zgZE1aVW5FT1RsUUU&usp=sharing

Extract mfastboot files and factory images to a folder.
    Open command prompt there.
    Reboot your yureka into fastboot mode.

Now, its the time to enter commands. Execute these lines of command one by one checking that each command you executed returned ok !

commands :

mfastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock

mfastboot -i 0x1ebf flash boot boot.img

mfastboot -i 0x1ebf flash system system.img

mfastboot -i 0x1ebf flash userdata userdata.img

mfastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery.img

mfastboot -i 0x1ebf flash modem NON-HLOS.bin

mfastboot -i 0x1ebf flash rpm rpm.mbn

mfastboot -i 0x1ebf flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn

mfastboot -i 0x1ebf flash tz tz.mbn

mfastboot -i 0x1ebf flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn

After successful execution, disconnect yureka from pc and reboot.

If every command you entered was successfully executed, your phone will reboot into stock CM12 firmware !

Please don't do this if your are on 4.4.x Rom. It will hard brick your device.

Hit thanks, if helped ! :good:
    mfastboot is necessary for flashing Motorola firmwares; standard fastboot is sufficient for Yureka.
    I've already done this method when my yureka was in bootloop after updating official cm12 by OTA. Prince.d.emperor suggested this method to me and it worked. Now I've flashed custom cm12.1 and i want to revert back. Somebody saying that we want to flash "stock recovery" then only we need to flash official cm12. Is it necessary to flash stock recovery ???

Nope !
    Just flash the stock firmware. It's enough.