[GUIDE] Restore to complete stock and relock bootloader. Easiest step by step guide.

Search This thread

hypergamer1231

Jan 23, 2011
Mumbai
www.youtube.com
Hello friends,

After trying different roms and kernels there always comes a time when we wish to go back to complete stock for a smooth reliable experience. Here's a detailed step by step guide for this process.

This guide assumes that you are on a unlocked bootloader with TWRP recovery installed and want to revert to complete stock

This will erase all data on your phone. Hence first BACKUP!

Note : I am not responsible for any damage do this at your own risk.

Downloads

1) MINIMAL ADB & FASTBOOT : https://goo.gl/UbFXdA
2) STOCK OOS FILE : https://goo.gl/JAfS2F
3) Stock Recovery : https://goo.gl/2kmbB7

Pre Requisites : A windows computer with a decent internet connection
Oneplus 5T with atleast 50% battery charged
USB Cable
Brain:cyclops:

Steps :

1) Download and install minimal ADB & Fastboot.
2) Download OOS Stock Rom And Stock Recovery.
3) Connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable in file transfer mode.
4) Copy the rom zip and stock recovery image to your phone.
5) Go to settings>about>tap build number 7 times.
6) Go to settings>developer options>enable advanced reboot.
7) Press power button for 2 seconds>select reboot>select recovery>tap to reboot.
8) Once the phone boots into TWRP>wipe everything except internal storage.
9) Tap install and select the stock rom zip and then swipe to install.
10) Tap install>select install image>select stock recovery img>tap recovery>swipe to install
11) Tap reboot>select bootloader and reboot to bootloader.
12) Once in bootloader connect the phone to your pc and launch minimal adb & fastboot
13) type fastboot devices and ensure device is connected and serial number shows up
14) type fastboot oem lock in minimal adb and fastboot and hit enter.
15) use the volume keys on your phone to highlight yes and press power button to confirm
16) wait for 2 to 5 minutes and phone will bootup to a complete stock rom with stock recovery and a locked bootloader.

For everyones convinience I have made a step by step video guide please watch and subscribe if you liked it.

Hit thanks if i helped.

Last edited:

vibrantliker

Before this came out I tried the reversal process incorrectly by typing fastboot oem lock as the 1st step (I know it says above you need a brain). Now it seems there is no OS to boot to. I can boot to TWRP and fastboot but my computer doesn't see the storage. Is there a way to push the the rom zip and stock recovery image to your phone via adb? If so what are the commands?

Stephen

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee Ban Time!
Staff member
Before this came out I tried the reversal process incorrectly by typing fastboot oem lock as the 1st step (I know it says above you need a brain). Now it seems there is no OS to boot to. I can boot to TWRP and fastboot but my computer doesn't see the storage. Is there a way to push the the rom zip and stock recovery image to your phone via adb? If so what are the commands?

I believe you should be able to go into twrp, go to sideload mode. Then the command would be abd sideload filename.zip This should then push the rom to your phone and install it for you. It has been a while since I needed to do it, as now a days I mostly keep my phones stock and locked.

Sisyphus306

Aug 12, 2012
Abingdon
Thanks for the info. My phone's been acting very flaky since I rooted it, so I'm curious to see if returning to stock will make it a little less annoying.

hypergamer1231

Jan 23, 2011
Mumbai
www.youtube.com

unlock the bootloader
flash twrpagain
flash stock rom from twrp
flash stockrecovery image from twrp
reboot to bootloader
relock bootloader
reboot
you are good to go

vibrantliker

unlock the bootloader
flash twrpagain
flash stock rom from twrp
flash stockrecovery image from twrp
reboot to bootloader
relock bootloader
reboot
you are good to go

My problem is, although I still have TWRP and fast boot, I don't have an os at the moment and need to get one via adb somehow.
I've tried adb push but can't find in TWRP. My computer doesn't see my phones storage either.

hypergamer1231

Jan 23, 2011
Mumbai
www.youtube.com
Reactions: JDROIDS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello friends,

After trying different roms and kernels there always comes a time when we wish to go back to complete stock for a smooth reliable experience. Here's a detailed step by step guide for this process.

This guide assumes that you are on a unlocked bootloader with TWRP recovery installed and want to revert to complete stock

This will erase all data on your phone. Hence first BACKUP!

Note : I am not responsible for any damage do this at your own risk.

Downloads

1) MINIMAL ADB & FASTBOOT : https://goo.gl/UbFXdA
    2) STOCK OOS FILE : https://goo.gl/JAfS2F
    3) Stock Recovery : https://goo.gl/2kmbB7

Pre Requisites : A windows computer with a decent internet connection
    Oneplus 5T with atleast 50% battery charged
    USB Cable
    Brain:cyclops:

Steps :

1) Download and install minimal ADB & Fastboot.
    2) Download OOS Stock Rom And Stock Recovery.
    3) Connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable in file transfer mode.
    4) Copy the rom zip and stock recovery image to your phone.
    5) Go to settings>about>tap build number 7 times.
    6) Go to settings>developer options>enable advanced reboot.
    7) Press power button for 2 seconds>select reboot>select recovery>tap to reboot.
    8) Once the phone boots into TWRP>wipe everything except internal storage.
    9) Tap install and select the stock rom zip and then swipe to install.
    10) Tap install>select install image>select stock recovery img>tap recovery>swipe to install
    11) Tap reboot>select bootloader and reboot to bootloader.
    12) Once in bootloader connect the phone to your pc and launch minimal adb & fastboot
    13) type fastboot devices and ensure device is connected and serial number shows up
    14) type fastboot oem lock in minimal adb and fastboot and hit enter.
    15) use the volume keys on your phone to highlight yes and press power button to confirm
    16) wait for 2 to 5 minutes and phone will bootup to a complete stock rom with stock recovery and a locked bootloader.

For everyones convinience I have made a step by step video guide please watch and subscribe if you liked it.

Hit thanks if i helped.

I believe you should be able to go into twrp, go to sideload mode. Then the command would be abd sideload filename.zip This should then push the rom to your phone and install it for you. It has been a while since I needed to do it, as now a days I mostly keep my phones stock and locked.
    Link for Stock Recovery is down. Please help

updated
    Nice guide but isn't step 10 unnecessary, since the stock ROM will overwrite TWRP with the stock recovery anyway?
    sometimes it doesnt and hence before we relock the bootloader its necessary to ensure we have the stock recovery hence the step.

Fair enough :)