• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Guide] Return-To-Stock [V400]

Search This thread

Jisaeus

Oct 25, 2014
Here is a quick guide for those who need to return to Stock. This has been tested on my LG Pad 7.0 (WiFi Edition), which I was customizing after rooting, and something went wrong. I took a couple of hours trying to get an official copy of the stock firmware, and once I got my device back up and running decided to post a guide for future reference.

Keep in mind that this replaces all the system files on the tablet that might have been removed, modified, or replaced. Please MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR PICTURES, MUSIC, OR DOCUMENTS.

Quick disclaimer though, I'm not responsible if you tablet somehow freaks out, and cannot be used anymore, but the likeliness of this happening is about as likely as you winning the lottery, so if it does, you might want to buy a lottery ticket. I also recommend that you reset your tablet in case there is any complications.

---------------------------------------------------
STEP ONE

Download the following files below:

LG Driver: Download Here
LG Tools 2014: Download Here
LG Firmware: Download Here

STEP TWO

Install the LG Driver onto your computer, then reboot.

STEP THREE

Extract the LG Tools 2014 FOLDER to your DESKTOP.

STEP FOUR

Move the FIRMWARE to the LG TOOLS 2014 FOLDER on your desktop. *Will make it easier to locate when needed*

STEP FIVE

TURN OFF your tablet! Plug your USB WIRE into a USB slot on your machine. When it's plugged in, hold on the Volume UP button on the tablet and at the same time plug in the USB wire. Hold onto the volume button until you see the follow:

LG-G2-DownloadMode.jpg

STEP SIX

OPEN the LG Tools Folder, you should have the following:

wJ07Y22.png

Click on the LGFLASHTOOL2014 file. Then you should see this:

9Ba7WYy.png

You need to make sure that the Select Type is 3GQCT, and the PhoneMode is EMERGENCY. Also, Select the KDZ file (Firmware) that you placed in the the LG Tools 2014 folder. Then Press Normal Flash.

cB3SElo.png

This should popup right after, and you just need to click start. Then another thing (below) should pop up.

QmKLWRb.png

Just click OK Reason why is that your device will use English as it's default regardless. Now once you see this (below) sit back and wait. Shouldn't take no longer then 15 - 30 minutes.

fPhSeMU.png

Congrats! Your device should be completely up and running again!

Last edited:

C4SCA

May 2, 2012
OnePlus One
Xiaomi Mi A2
Where can i finde firmware for lg v700 ?

no need to download the firmware.

go here: http://www.lg.com/pt/suporte-telemovel/lg-LGV700# (US version of the website only has the drivers to download)

download and install LG mobile on the second step (Passo 2 wich means step 2):

1.png

Choose your country and language on the program

2.png

Follow the steps given by the program to first install the drivers, wich for me didnt worked, had to plug in my v700 in MTP mode, then while plugged in click here:

QuickMemo+_2014-11-29-16-07-29.png

It will install the drivers.

After that the program will recognize the tablet with no issues.
To make sure u will have later the firmware downloaded, just run the upgrade recovery, it will flash the stock rom again on ur tablet without wiping data (dont know if u will loose root, but u probably will).

3.png

Last edited:
Reactions: prat1k

Rianta

Apr 21, 2013
Amersfoort
V400

Thanks a lot for your guide. I used it today and it works, but I used the knockcode and he's starting now in Safe mode without to use the knockcode. I tried to start again as you describe in your guide but it seems not to work.
Do you know a solution?
Thanks
Wim

QUOTE=Jisaeus;56293020]Here is a quick guide for those who need to return to Stock. This has been tested on my LG Pad 7.0 (WiFi Edition), which I was customizing after rooting, and something went wrong. I took a couple of hours trying to get an official copy of the stock firmware, and once I got my device back up and running decided to post a guide for future reference.

Keep in mind that this replaces all the system files on the tablet that might have been removed, modified, or replaced. Please MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR PICTURES, MUSIC, OR DOCUMENTS.

Quick disclaimer though, I'm not responsible if you tablet somehow freaks out, and cannot be used anymore, but the likeliness of this happening is about as likely as you winning the lottery, so if it does, you might want to buy a lottery ticket. I also recommend that you reset your tablet in case there is any complications.

STEP ONE

STEP TWO

STEP THREE

STEP FOUR

Move the FIRMWARE to the LG TOOLS 2014 FOLDER on your desktop. *Will make it easier to locate when needed*

STEP FIVE

TURN OFF your tablet! Plug your USB WIRE into a USB slot on your machine. When it's plugged in, hold on the Volume UP button on the tablet and at the same time plug in the USB wire. Hold onto the volume button until you see the follow:

LG-G2-DownloadMode.jpg

STEP SIX

wJ07Y22.png

9Ba7WYy.png

You need to make sure that the Select Type is 3GQCT, and the PhoneMode is EMERGENCY. Also, Select the KDZ file (Firmware) that you placed in the the LG Tools 2014 folder. Then Press Normal Flash.

cB3SElo.png

This should popup right after, and you just need to click start. Then another thing (below) should pop up.

QmKLWRb.png

Just click OK Reason why is that your device will use English as it's default regardless. Now once you see this (below) sit back and wait. Shouldn't take no longer then 15 - 30 minutes.

fPhSeMU.png

Congrats! Your device should be completely up and running again![/QUOTE]

disturbedapril

Mar 15, 2015
Hi! I badly need help.. after flashing my lg v400 tab it won't play videos on facebook or youtube.. can you help me please??

Yarkoone

Mar 18, 2015
Problem

I have a problem: I installed the firmware, but the tablet is turned on, there is a logo of LG, disappears, and knitted appears and disappears again, and so on without end.

Solyar

Mar 19, 2015
I have a problem: I installed the firmware, but the tablet is turned on, there is a logo of LG, disappears, and knitted appears and disappears again, and so on without end.

You need to do Hard Reset (reset to factory defaults)
Turn off the power of the tablet.
Press and hold the Power / Lock button + volume down on the right side of the tablet.
Release the Power / Lock button and volume down when the LG logo is displayed on the screen.
Simultaneously press and hold the Power / Lock button + Volume Up + Volume Down button until the screen is a hardware reset.
Release all buttons after the display screen The hardware reset.
To continue, press the Power / Lock, or one of the volume buttons to cancel.
To confirm it, press Power / Lock, or one of the volume buttons to cancel.
On the device will perform a hard reset.

Reactions: rogconnect

prat1k

Apr 1, 2015
Use LG's support tool and 'Upgrade Recovery'

SORRY I JUST REALIZED THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED BEFORE..

MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR STUFF: photos, contacts, emails, files, whatever.

Download the official tool from here:

tool.xcdn.gdms.lge.com/client/app/B2CAppSetup.exe

launch the tool

plug in your device

install USB drivers if needed

let the tool detect your device

Start Upgrade. (OR click options > upgrade recovery)

Good luck! :good:
P.

Last edited:

Simon Shatter

Apr 20, 2015
Press and hold the Power / Lock button + volume down on the right side of the tablet.
Release the Power / Lock button and volume down when the LG logo is displayed on the screen.
Simultaneously press and hold the Power / Lock button + Volume Up + Volume Down button until the screen is a hardware reset.

Although this method is stated the same way in the manual of the V400 it is wrong,
It rather works this way:
1. Powe off the tablet.
2. Hold the volume down button, then press the power button, when the tablet turns on, release the volume down button but then immediately press it again.
3. A menu appears and asks for hard factory reset. Go down to "Yes" with the volume up button, press the power button to confirm. Do the same thing on the next question.
4. The tablet reboots and should be now ok again.

qhuinzy_09

Nov 23, 2012
Downgrading my LG Gpad 7.0 (Lollipop To KITKAT)

hello Mates'
I'm Using Lg Gpad 7 (Running Lollipop)
Actually i don't like the lollipop update .. kitkat is much better ..
I'm thinking if i can downgrade my Android software, (is that possible)
I found this on LG Website is this the firmware for my Tab?
Could you please help me out on how to flash this firmware on my tab?
Capture.png

Rianta

Apr 21, 2013
Amersfoort
Update to lollipop for LG G7-V400

I update to lollipop but thought it was not really better then 4.4.2. rooted.
After I unroot from 4.4.2. to 5.02 Lollipop I decide to downgrade to 4.4.2. and then I softbricked my V400 wifi.
The only problem I have is that I am missing is V40020A the kdz file to return back to lollipop, because the problem is you can't downgrade to 4.4.2, that's the reason for softbrick
The links from xda like http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW336ZU032JMAJ3AE810MKZ/V40020a_00.kdz like someone was showing up here , giving an error "empty response"and my dns servers are ok, so that's not the problem.
Would love someone is giving the right link to Lollipop KDZ file V40020
May God bless you all.

Wim

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

hello Mates'
I'm Using Lg Gpad 7 (Running Lollipop)
Actually i don't like the lollipop update .. kitkat is much better ..
I'm thinking if i can downgrade my Android software, (is that possible)
I found this on LG Website is this the firmware for my Tab?
Could you please help me out on how to flash this firmware on my tab?
Capture.png

If you downgrade you get the same problem as I have, loop in a boot still restarting and a hard reset is impossible
Maybe you can help me where I can download the v40020a the lollipop KDZfile to return back to lollipop
Be carefull with downgrading and if you succeed in downgrade, let me know.
Wim

Simon Shatter

Apr 20, 2015
It is definitely possible to downgrade to 4.4.2. I flashed my V400 with the update tool to Lollipop but didn´t like it. I just flashed the firmware(it is KitKat) linked in the OP with the 2014 tools, then made a factory reset, everything works fine again.

qhuinzy_09

Nov 23, 2012
It is definitely possible to downgrade to 4.4.2. I flashed my V400 with the update tool to Lollipop but didn´t like it. I just flashed the firmware(it is KitKat) linked in the OP with the 2014 tools, then made a factory reset, everything works fine again.

Can you help me out Mate ?
I'm Noob in LG :fingers-crossed:
Do you have links or thread reference ? it will be very helpful to follow step by step procedures
Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a quick guide for those who need to return to Stock. This has been tested on my LG Pad 7.0 (WiFi Edition), which I was customizing after rooting, and something went wrong. I took a couple of hours trying to get an official copy of the stock firmware, and once I got my device back up and running decided to post a guide for future reference.

STEP ONE

STEP TWO

STEP THREE

STEP FOUR

STEP FIVE

LG-G2-DownloadMode.jpg

STEP SIX

wJ07Y22.png

9Ba7WYy.png

cB3SElo.png

QmKLWRb.png

fPhSeMU.png

Congrats! Your device should be completely up and running again!

no need to download the firmware.

go here: http://www.lg.com/pt/suporte-telemovel/lg-LGV700# (US version of the website only has the drivers to download)

download and install LG mobile on the second step (Passo 2 wich means step 2):

1.png

Choose your country and language on the program

2.png

Follow the steps given by the program to first install the drivers, wich for me didnt worked, had to plug in my v700 in MTP mode, then while plugged in click here:

QuickMemo+_2014-11-29-16-07-29.png

It will install the drivers.

After that the program will recognize the tablet with no issues.
    To make sure u will have later the firmware downloaded, just run the upgrade recovery, it will flash the stock rom again on ur tablet without wiping data (dont know if u will loose root, but u probably will).

3.png

Damm it. Just killed my v400. Tried to Freedom tool to work on it but it didn't copy the kk aboot. Said out of disk space error. Though did copy twrp and bumped boot.img. Tried to go into recovery, and its dead!!!! When I plug it in the comp, just shows like a drive with files. Gotta to exchange it now! wow.
    No dont give up. Pm a dude named @shoxxy. He knows how to recover from that but it's tricky
    Damm it. Just killed my v400. Tried to Freedom tool to work on it but it didn't copy the kk aboot. Said out of disk space error. Though did copy twrp and bumped boot.img. Tried to go into recovery, and its dead!!!! When I plug it in the comp, just shows like a drive with files. Gotta to exchange it now! wow.

i wrote you in my thread too. its unbrickable !!!! i do that many times. So not my twrp bricks the phone ;)