[GUIDE]Rollback/Downgrade firmware from oreo to nougat

Search This thread

elemefaaoo

Jun 28, 2018
Kasaragod
Not work properly when downgrade from MIUI 11 Oreo,now i experience messed up with stock miui rom,try to reverse back with flash full recovery rom from twrp,succed to flash,but when boot into setup wizard,error message appear,eg; "miui daemon has stopped,under that pop up,again error pop up "google service framework has stopped" > "xiaomi service framework has stopped" > "setting has stopped" & bla...bla..bla...! I can't pass setting wizzard,can't continue to normal screen. Then i flash pixel xperience rom 9.0,flawlessly boot until setting wizard done,run smoothly without error. Usually i like to change between custom then stock rom from twrp when i was bored with 1 rom. But now i'm stuck on pixel experience 9.0 (caf) & no twrp working properly when want to flash stock miui oreo.
Simply reflashing fixes the issue. I've experienced it myself. If still not fixed you can always go for the fastboot method :D.

Last edited:

elemefaaoo

Jun 28, 2018
Kasaragod
[ i'm noob ] Does orange fox recovery working properly on miui 11 ? Unfortunately,i was update my riva to miui 11,succed to unlock bootloader but not with twrp,when i was flash twrp via fastboot,twrp just show up red screen then dim to black screen & only vibrate when touched. I was forgot to add command delete recovery from fastboot,before flashing twrp. Please help,any suggest to proper twrp at stock miui 11 global stable ? Sorry for bed english.
I use this recovery on miui 11 and everything works fine.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-8lZA1zUrur_PT5AvRkd8eKrz8rVTzv7/view?usp=drivesdk

Iyan Tl

Sep 27, 2017
Tangerang
Simply reflashing fixes the issue. I've experienced it myself. If still not fixed you can always go for the fastboot method :D.

It was all fixed by flash stock rom miui 11 from pixel experience by orangefox 10,but orangefox gone after miui boot into normal screen. I've reflash recovery with fenfren's recovery by fastboot method,now all working like a charm. On miui 11. Now i'm wondering why there is no post about twrp by fenfren' on this riva's forum.

Reactions: elemefaaoo

eelsymbianers

Feb 16, 2015
Xiaomi Redmi 5A
Dont downgrade use allinone on last miui 11.. you maybe will get error on signal, this only work on miui 10 oreo, but if you on oreo miui 11 last build, this will erase baseband and imei, so you will lost the signal n need to repair qcn n write imei..
Just for miui 11 last its not work, use procedure flash with mi flash tool. .

elemefaaoo

Jun 28, 2018
Kasaragod
Dont downgrade use allinone on last miui 11.. you maybe will get error on signal, this only work on miui 10 oreo, but if you on oreo miui 11 last build, this will erase baseband and imei, so you will lost the signal n need to repair qcn n write imei..
Just for miui 11 last its not work, use procedure flash with mi flash tool. .
Are you sure? :confused: I myself tested it on miui 11 and had no problems.

Last edited:

Balkan99

May 7, 2015
Can I use this method on Xiaomi.Eu Miui 11?

I got latest miui 11 Xiaomi.eu rom
Can I flash this method over this and then flash custom rom??Is this method working on this way?

Reactions: elemefaaoo

iamb9

Jul 14, 2020
How Go Back To Redmi 5A MIUI 11 Oreo Again After Downgrading To Nougat Firmware

Hi Developers, Is there any way to go back to MIUI 11 Oreo ? I followed this thread and successfully install my custom rom on my Redmi 5a. But I got some serious issue after installing custom roms. My screen was flickering while playing games.
So, I downloaded latest Oreo based fastboot rom from Xiaomi site and flash it using Xiaomi flashtool. But, it is not working, it creates a boot loop, It opens then restart again and again. I think this issue is due to the "Oreo to Nougat" downgrading.
So my question is, If I flash Nougat based MIUI 10 Stock fastboot rom via PC, Will this method going to work to boot to stock rom ? Or there is any other way to do it. Please help me guys. :rolleyes:

Scaru.exe

Aug 2, 2020
I just can't install any twrp :/

I successfully unlocked bootloader when I tried installing twrp(orange fox and other oreo recovery) with
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
and after doing rebooting to recovery it shows the default recovery(i.e Miui recovery 3.0)

Top Liked Posts