[GUIDE] Root and/or install a GSI on razer phone 2 and pass safety net (For Windows)

vkbluestar

Dec 30, 2020
Hey guys, I ran into this error while trying to flash the boot.img. This is what I got

C:\ADB\platform-tools>fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
fastboot: error: cannot get boot partition size

Hoping someone can help me. Thanks a lot!

Usyless

Oct 6, 2019
Hey guys, I ran into this error while trying to flash the boot.img. This is what I got

C:\ADB\platform-tools>fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
fastboot: error: cannot get boot partition size

Hoping someone can help me. Thanks a lot!
did you unlock both critical and normal bootloader partitions? also can you even boot to the phone?

vkbluestar

Dec 30, 2020
did you unlock both critical and normal bootloader partitions? also can you even boot to the phone?
Yes! I managed to unlock both normal and critical bootloader by using fastboot flashing unlock and fastboot flashing unlock_critical. On the fastboot mode menu of my phone, it said device state - unlocked.

Can you tell me the requirements to boot to the phone? It's my first time doing this. I don't think it is the USB port nor cable because I managed to unlock bootloader with it. One thing to note is that I do not have a SD card currently.

Firedrake1

Dec 22, 2010
Hey, all. So I followed the guide, and installed Lineage. Everything works, but I can't get Safetynet to pass.

It fails basicintegrity, and ctsProfile. I did not install Xposed. I did install the "ARCore/Playground Patcher" like the guide said. It made me update to Magisk 20.4, but I didn't let it update to the newest version.

I confirmed Magisk Hide is enabled for Google Play Service, and all of the options are checked in there. Has anyone encountered this?

Usyless

Oct 6, 2019
Hey, all. So I followed the guide, and installed Lineage. Everything works, but I can't get Safetynet to pass.

It fails basicintegrity, and ctsProfile. I did not install Xposed. I did install the "ARCore/Playground Patcher" like the guide said. It made me update to Magisk 20.4, but I didn't let it update to the newest version.

I confirmed Magisk Hide is enabled for Google Play Service, and all of the options are checked in there. Has anyone encountered this?
I know the fix to this, one thing though. I specifically link to magisk 20.1 since it does not have DTBO issues (where recovery eventually wont open)

The fix quite simple, but you need to follow closely, and you need to transfer a file using TWRP, are you capable of doing that?

Firedrake1

Dec 22, 2010
I know the fix to this, one thing though. I specifically link to magisk 20.1 since it does not have DTBO issues (where recovery eventually wont open)

The fix quite simple, but you need to follow closely, and you need to transfer a file using TWRP, are you capable of doing that?
Yes, I am very comfortable doing that.

I only upgraded to 20.4, because the ARCore module will no longer install if you have lower than 20.4. If there is a way around that, then I would be happy to do it.

Firedrake1

Dec 22, 2010

Do you have that guide/files I can use? Thanks!