[GUIDE][ROOT] Archos 50 Platinum

Search This thread

jazzan0va

Dec 30, 2010
Decided to create this guide because the steps in the threads below didn't work for me.
The Archos 50 Platinum rooting process is slightly different then the Karbonn Titanium S5.

Still, this was very helpful!
[Rooting]Karbonn Titanium S5 general discussions and Rooting help
KARBONN TITANIUM S5 {Rooting/CWM}[UPDATED STOCK ZIP]

STEP 1 - Need
# Enable USB Debugging under developer options
# Drivers (used the file in the internal SDCard "pcdrivers.zip")
# adb-fastboot
# CWM Recovery (IMPORTANT: Not yet the best CWM Recovery for Archos 50, image flickers. But works)
# Stock Recovery (Karbonn Titanium S5 stock recovery. Worked for me)
# Superuser / SuperSU (CWM SUPER USER.zip)

STEP 2 - Preparations
1. Extract "adb-fastboot" to a folder and open a Command Prompt window from there (Didnt need "Run as Administrator").
2. Copy CWM Recovery to ..\adb-fastboot folder and rename it "recovery.img"
3. Copy the "CWM SUPER USER.zip" to the root of the internal or external SDCard.

STEPS 3 - Driver Installation
1. Power off your device, and go into GREEN Recovery
# Press and hold VOLUME UP + POWER KEY -> when you see a GREEN screen release volume up key
SKIP THIS IF YOU ALREADY HAVE DRIVER INSTALLED
2. Install Archos 50 ADB Driver
# Win+R -> devmgmt.msc and update the unknown device "A50" and force the installation (This driver is not digitally signed) to "Fastboot interface (Google USB ID)", driver location should be "..\pcdrivers\drivers\adb_driver\ (win32 or win64)

STEP 4 - Flash CWM Recovery
1. From the folder "adb-fastboot" Command Prompt:
Code:
fastboot devices
This should display your device name in fastboot mode, if nothing is shown, then you have to check previous steps again.

2. Type this command to flash CWM recovery to your phone
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Done! CWM Recovery installed.

STEP 5 - SuperSU with CWM (Screen flickers, but easy to follow)
1. Boot into RED Recovery by:
# Press and hold VOLUME UP + POWER KEY
# When you see a GREEN screen DONT release VOLUME UP key
# After 10 seconds you see RED screen, now release VOLUME UP key
2. In CWM Recovery, select "install zip from sdcard" -> "CWM SUPER USER.zip" from SDCard. (Screen Flickers!)
# Reboot
# Done!
After the reboot your phone should be rooted. If not, follow the steps again.

STEP 6 - Revert to Stock Recovery / Unroot (Remember this is from Karbonn Titanium S5. Worked for me)
# Do STEP 4, but replace with the Stock Recovery
# Unroot instructions here. In CWM Recovery!

If theres a easy way, let us all know.

Thanks!

Last edited:

DieterHolvoet

Apr 13, 2013
Grimbergen
iwtsl.ehb.be
In step 3, you can also just type 'adb reboot bootloader' instead of holding the buttons, to boot into fastboot mode :)

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Here's a much easier way of doing it:

1. preparations + open a cmd window, cd to your adb-fastboot folder
2. 'adb reboot bootloader'
3. 'fastboot devices' (if no devices are present, try option 2 again)
4. 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.img'
5. 'fastboot continue'
6. 'adb reboot recovery'
7. "install zip from sdcard" -> "CWM SUPER USER.zip"
8. 'adb reboot'

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Also, this method is working perfectly for me - root, SuperSU and a beautiful, not-flickering CMW Recovery! Only mass storage mode is not working, not in stock recovery nor in CMW recovery.

Reactions: jazzan0va

zeyaan

• Jun 11, 2012
    Bangalore
    OnePlus 5T
    OnePlus 6
    In step 3, you can also just type 'adb reboot bootloader' instead of holding the buttons, to boot into fastboot mode :)

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

5. 'fastboot continue'
    6. 'adb reboot recovery'
    8. 'adb reboot'

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Also, this method is working perfectly for me - root, SuperSU and a beautiful, not-flickering CMW Recovery! Only mass storage mode is not working, not in stock recovery nor in CMW recovery.

can you please upload the system part of your cwm back up.
    you can compress it using "KGB ARCHIVER" Free to download from CNET it converts 300mb to just 3mb

jazzan0va

Dec 30, 2010

5. 'fastboot continue'
    6. 'adb reboot recovery'
    8. 'adb reboot'

Which driver did you use? The one mentioned on the thread? "Fastboot interface (Google USB ID"
    Tried and the recovery is exactly the same... did you replace the boot.img?

tubocatodico

May 15, 2009
    archos 50 platinum problems after flashing

try it out guys it should work, its not going to spoil your phone as we just replacing recovery, even of u fail u will have a bootable phone.

i flash some rom but the phone is freezed in red screen with a message "unauthorized image" how can i solve this problem? only the rom miui start if i connect the phone on charge.:crying:

Last edited:
    Reactions: bobbymc14

randrianaina

Mar 31, 2016
    Looking for an image backup of the Archo 50 platinium

Hi team,

I have a Archos 50 platinium rooted with Cwm and Nemesis ROM but i want to reinstall the original ROM from Archos and i forget to do a backup of the ROM stock before flashing.
    There was an stock ROM on Archos supprt website named Update.zip but itsn't reconized by the ROM and it can't be installed with CWM with
    a symlinks error.
    Do anyone have an image recovery of the Archos 50 platinium ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Decided to create this guide because the steps in the threads below didn't work for me.
      The Archos 50 Platinum rooting process is slightly different then the Karbonn Titanium S5.

Still, this was very helpful!
      [Rooting]Karbonn Titanium S5 general discussions and Rooting help
      KARBONN TITANIUM S5 {Rooting/CWM}[UPDATED STOCK ZIP]

STEP 1 - Need
      # Enable USB Debugging under developer options
      # Drivers (used the file in the internal SDCard "pcdrivers.zip")
      # adb-fastboot
      # CWM Recovery (IMPORTANT: Not yet the best CWM Recovery for Archos 50, image flickers. But works)
      # Stock Recovery (Karbonn Titanium S5 stock recovery. Worked for me)
      # Superuser / SuperSU (CWM SUPER USER.zip)

STEP 2 - Preparations
      1. Extract "adb-fastboot" to a folder and open a Command Prompt window from there (Didnt need "Run as Administrator").
      2. Copy CWM Recovery to ..\adb-fastboot folder and rename it "recovery.img"
      3. Copy the "CWM SUPER USER.zip" to the root of the internal or external SDCard.

STEPS 3 - Driver Installation
      1. Power off your device, and go into GREEN Recovery
      # Press and hold VOLUME UP + POWER KEY -> when you see a GREEN screen release volume up key
      SKIP THIS IF YOU ALREADY HAVE DRIVER INSTALLED
      2. Install Archos 50 ADB Driver
      # Win+R -> devmgmt.msc and update the unknown device "A50" and force the installation (This driver is not digitally signed) to "Fastboot interface (Google USB ID)", driver location should be "..\pcdrivers\drivers\adb_driver\ (win32 or win64)

STEP 4 - Flash CWM Recovery
      1. From the folder "adb-fastboot" Command Prompt:
      Code:
      fastboot devices
      This should display your device name in fastboot mode, if nothing is shown, then you have to check previous steps again.

2. Type this command to flash CWM recovery to your phone
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Done! CWM Recovery installed.

STEP 5 - SuperSU with CWM (Screen flickers, but easy to follow)
      1. Boot into RED Recovery by:
      # Press and hold VOLUME UP + POWER KEY
      # When you see a GREEN screen DONT release VOLUME UP key
      # After 10 seconds you see RED screen, now release VOLUME UP key
      2. In CWM Recovery, select "install zip from sdcard" -> "CWM SUPER USER.zip" from SDCard. (Screen Flickers!)
      # Reboot
      # Done!
      After the reboot your phone should be rooted. If not, follow the steps again.

STEP 6 - Revert to Stock Recovery / Unroot (Remember this is from Karbonn Titanium S5. Worked for me)
      # Do STEP 4, but replace with the Stock Recovery
      # Unroot instructions here. In CWM Recovery!

If theres a easy way, let us all know.

Thanks!
      try it out guys it should work, its not going to spoil your phone as we just replacing recovery, even of u fail u will have a bootable phone.

5. 'fastboot continue'
      6. 'adb reboot recovery'
      8. 'adb reboot'

archos 50 platinum problems after flashing

i flash some rom but the phone is freezed in red screen with a message "unauthorized image" how can i solve this problem? only the rom miui start if i connect the phone on charge.:crying: