The latest WhatsApp feature is generating a lot of duplicate threads on XDA, drowning other threads in the process. Many are also posted in the wrong section. We're closing down all invite threads to keep the clutter down to a minimum. Instead, please use The Consolidated WhatsApp Calling Thread as a consolidated thread for all discussions related to the WhatsApp calling feature and invites. Thank you!
This method may work for some people!
Please don't use PM or Social Media to request calls ... I cannot do that
DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!!!!
TESTED ON 3 devices
- A rooted device (Of course )
- Latest whatsapp apk from whatsapp.com/android
- you have to receive a call from someone who has the feature active ( answer the call) before following these steps
- Android 5.0.x
- Install the latest apk (Of course)
- Open any root explorer (es file explorer preferred ) and navigate to /data/data/com.whatsapp/shared_prefs/com.whatsapp_preferences.xml
- Add these 2 lines anywhere in the file but within the <map></map> and save
<boolean name="call" value="true" /> <string name="call_allowed">all</string>
- Then go to Settings/Apps/Whatsapp and force stop it !
- Open the app again (duh!)
You have now enabled calls !!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!
Last edited by a moderator: