[guide] root for stock lolipop roms without downgrading to kitkat

Search This thread

dornz

Feb 19, 2013
Hi i use w7 to root my d855. Dont think xp os is that much dif is it?

topet2k12001

Apr 22, 2013
Metro Manila
Hi Friends,

Now that you have rooted your STOCK Android Lollipop LG G3, the next common question that everyone asks is: "How do I get a custom recovery (TWRP) for my LG G3?"

Well...

It should be possible to make a script that flash kk bootstack, bumped recovery and bumped kernel in a one click process, for a LP rooted.

This post from @6ril1 inspired me to write a script. I invite you to check out "Imageprep" (link is in my signature) for a relatively easy solution. Please read it for details. Oh, and as always, make sure to read and read, and ask and ask, before doing. Make sure you understand the concept before doing it, okay? :)

Reactions: 573v3

austrooper

Apr 6, 2012
Thanks very much, waited so long for this, works on australian d855, firat thing i did was remove lg apps and changed dpi, now i have the phone i always wanted, cheers

umbro123

Sep 17, 2010
if i root with this method v20h, is it possible to unroot back, in case of official update, and then root again?

InvertedEs

Mar 28, 2015
Problem!

So I followed all the steps and it did prompt the end quote implying that the root has been successful. But at that time, on the mobile, the "firmware update" screen was on and I disconnected the USB cable to restart the phone. But now it doesn't go past the LG logo.

Would I now have to soft-brick it and repeat the process again?

fancyleggs

Nov 23, 2010
So I followed all the steps and it did prompt the end quote implying that the root has been successful. But at that time, on the mobile, the "firmware update" screen was on and I disconnected the USB cable to restart the phone. But now it doesn't go past the LG logo.

Would I now have to soft-brick it and repeat the process again?

same thing happend to me on ls990, I just flashed barepop but I'm having bluetooth problems now - haven't been able to connect for 2 days to anything - I'm going to flash stock again and retry this method over more time

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This guide worked for me. I am using v20i stock rom without any modification. I saw this on web and i want to share it. If you use this guide, it is on your own risk (such as mine)

We will have a rooted lolipop rom without downgrading to any kitkat rom. We dont need to flash bumped twrp for this.

This guide describes for windows users but same method can work with linux. Linux users know how ;)

1- Download this file.

2- Copy zip file to your C:\ hard drive and extract there. It should be like this: C:\g3-root

3- Enter your phone's settings and activate the developer settings (with clicking build number 5-6 times)

4- Enter developer settings and activate usb debbuging

5- Enter the file g3-root and press and hold the shift button on your keyboard and right click with mouse. Select "open command window" or something like this (i am not using english windows)...

6- Connect the phone to your pc with usb cable.

7- Dont let the screen off. If your phone asks you about usb debbuging (trusting the computer), select "remember this" and click "yes"

8- now test the connection... write this into the command window

Code:
    adb devices

if you can see your device's serial number, you can start now. If not, check the adb and windows drivers and try it again.

9- push the files which are needed for root with this commands

Code:
    adb push g2_root.sh /data/local/tmp/
    and
    Code:
    adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/
    and
    Code:
    adb push UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp/

10- Now we will enter download mode of our phone. For this, discoonnect the usb cable, shut down the phone, press and hold the volume up button and connect the phone.
    You will see "downloading" on your screen.

11- Now return the command window. Look your computer and verify which port of windows that the phone is connected . Mine is COM6 and i will go on with this way. You must change this with yours(COM1 COM2 COM3 COM4.... etc) . Enter this command (for COM6)

Code:
    Send_Command.exe \\.\COM6

12- Next send this command:
    Code:
    ls

if you see the folders, everything is fine and you can continue.

13- finally we send last command and gonna be rooted

Code:
    sh /data/local/tmp/g2_root.sh dummy 1 /data/local/tmp/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp/busybox

You can see these lines if rooting is successfull

ui_print - Disabling OTA survival
    ui_print - Removing old files
    ui_print - Placing files
    ui_print - Post-installation script
    ui_print - Unmounting /system and /data
    ui_print - Done !

if not, read and try again.

Now reboot your phone and you can see the supersu app in your application drawer
    Good Luck!

I am not responsible of any damage to your phone.

I saw this guide in: http://forum.donanimhaber.com/m_103553600/tm.htm
    But the main guide is : blog.lvu.kr/g2-lollipop-%EC%88%9C%EC%A0%95-%EB%A3%A8%ED%8C%85/
    credits: these guides :p
    Hi, first I own LG G3 D855 32gb with previously installed stock LL ANHD 8.3 rom with downgrading to KK rooting method.
    Today I decided to try fully root following guide from this threat given by @topet2k12001, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59353788&postcount=41, and after clean installing LL 20H KDZ file I root it with no problem and then I decided to follow guide for installing bump¨d TWRP and aboot.img from KK witch I extracted from latest 10N KK version, only thing I did deferent is that for flashing TWRP and boot.img I used Flashify from playstore and for aboot.img I used Android terminal with commands in guide from this threat. After flashing all and turning off phone then turning it on to enter TWRP it work so I can state that TWRP is working fine, no more error, even I restore my backup (system and data) of rom ANHD 8.3 (LL) I used before this and all is working flawlessly with almost full lollipop rom except aboot.img (KK).
    Considering this it is possible to fully root and use functional TWRP on LL 20H without downgrading to KK rom like previously we have to do and its working fine on G3 D855 32gb for me at lest.
    If someone try to do same thing considering post I wrote and get bootloop or dead device dont blame me for it, you doing it on yours responsibility, if you dont know what are you doing than leave your phone as is.
    Yes, that's another way of approaching it. :)
    ; -)
    Tz trustzone,rpm ressource power managment, sbl secondary bootloader
    https://wiki.linaro.org/Boards/IFC6410
    It should be possible to make a script that flash kk bootstack, bumped recovery and bumped kernel in a one click process, for a LP rooted.