Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

bleedboy

Jun 15, 2018
tunisia
is guide tested on galaxy a30 a305f .

first we need to unlock the bootloader :
1. go to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on the build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
2. In the developer options, there is an OEM unlock option then enable that option.
3. enter download mode and press and hold volum up to unlock bootloader ! This will wipe your phone data entirely so make sure you have made a backup of important files.
now we can root this devices

we need :
1.odin 13.3.1
2.official firmware for your device
3.7zip ZS
4.magisk canary release or download from attached file
5.computer

1.download the firmware and extracted the files to your desktop
2.extract the boot.img.lz4 from the AP file
3.install the 7zip ZS , right click on boot.img.lz4 shoose 7zip ZS and extract the boot.img
4.copy the boot.img in your phone and install the magisk canary release
5.open magisk manager Install → Install → Select and Patch a File
6.select the file boot.img magsik will patche the boot image and store the output to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.img
7. now copy the magisk_patched.img to you computer and reboot to download mode
8. rename magisk_patched.img to boot.img
9.right click on boot.img 7zip >add to archive and select format .tar
10.open odin unchek auto-reboot and select AP section and select the boot.img.tar and flash it .
11.We now want to boot into the stock recovery to factory reset our device.
Full data wipe is mandatory! Do not skip this step.
Press Power + Volume Down to exit download mode, and as soon as the screen turns off, immediately press Power + Volume Up to boot to recovery partition. Just as mentioned in the previous section, since we want to boot into stock recovery, continue pressing the volume up button until you see the stock recovery screen.
12.In the stock recovery menu, use volume buttons to navigate through menus, and the power button to select the option. Select Wipe data/factory reset to wipe the data of the device.
13.This time, we can finally boot to the system with Magisk. Select Reboot system now, and immediately press Volume Up. After vibrate , release all buttons . phone will boot normal
14. After the device is booted up, do the usual initial setup.
15. install the magisk canary release again , it will ask you to install the zip click install , after a few moments the device will reboot .
16.Voila! Enjoy Magisk :)

this tutorial was tested by me and it work on my device !
this is my first thread :)

Attachments

• app-release.apk
    2.7 MB · Views: 5,102
Last edited:

bleedboy

Jun 15, 2018
tunisia

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190604-211813_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190604-211813_Settings.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 2,864
Last edited:

lazinezz

Jun 6, 2019
Complete (write) operation Failed :(:(

it worked for me...i flashed stock firmware via odin, then unlocked bootloader in download mode and i saved the boot image as boot.tar not boot.img.tar and did rest of the instructions....everything passed smoothly, before that i had the same flash failed problem..its time to install viper yay lol...thanks so much bleedboy.

Last edited:

bleedboy

Jun 15, 2018
tunisia
it worked for me...i flashed stock firmware via odin, then unlocked bootloader in download mode and i saved the boot image as boot.tar not boot.img.tar and did rest of the instructions....everything passed smoothly, before that i had the same flash failed problem..its time to install viper yay lol...thanks so much bleedboy.

welcome enjoy ??

hisam1987

Jun 6, 2019
Alexandria
Failed

I tried all the ways but still the problem
Thank you

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

try to flash the stock rom and repeat the instruction !

I tried all the ways but still the problem
Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is guide tested on galaxy a30 a305f .

first we need to unlock the bootloader :
    1. go to Setting>About>Software>Build Number and Tap on the build number repeatedly so that the Developer mode will turn on.
    2. In the developer options, there is an OEM unlock option then enable that option.
    3. enter download mode and press and hold volum up to unlock bootloader ! This will wipe your phone data entirely so make sure you have made a backup of important files.
    now we can root this devices

we need :
    1.odin 13.3.1
    2.official firmware for your device
    3.7zip ZS
    4.magisk canary release or download from attached file
    5.computer

1.download the firmware and extracted the files to your desktop
    2.extract the boot.img.lz4 from the AP file
    3.install the 7zip ZS , right click on boot.img.lz4 shoose 7zip ZS and extract the boot.img
    4.copy the boot.img in your phone and install the magisk canary release
    5.open magisk manager Install → Install → Select and Patch a File
    6.select the file boot.img magsik will patche the boot image and store the output to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.img
    7. now copy the magisk_patched.img to you computer and reboot to download mode
    8. rename magisk_patched.img to boot.img
    9.right click on boot.img 7zip >add to archive and select format .tar
    10.open odin unchek auto-reboot and select AP section and select the boot.img.tar and flash it .
    11.We now want to boot into the stock recovery to factory reset our device.
    Full data wipe is mandatory! Do not skip this step.
    Press Power + Volume Down to exit download mode, and as soon as the screen turns off, immediately press Power + Volume Up to boot to recovery partition. Just as mentioned in the previous section, since we want to boot into stock recovery, continue pressing the volume up button until you see the stock recovery screen.
    12.In the stock recovery menu, use volume buttons to navigate through menus, and the power button to select the option. Select Wipe data/factory reset to wipe the data of the device.
    13.This time, we can finally boot to the system with Magisk. Select Reboot system now, and immediately press Volume Up. After vibrate , release all buttons . phone will boot normal
    14. After the device is booted up, do the usual initial setup.
    15. install the magisk canary release again , it will ask you to install the zip click install , after a few moments the device will reboot .
    16.Voila! Enjoy Magisk :)

this tutorial was tested by me and it work on my device !
    this is my first thread :)
    I installed magisk stable and it make my rom dead unusable I had to boot to boot to recovery to factory reset format the phone and installed magisk canary
    I see. I had a similar issue when I tried to switch from canary to stable on A40 without unroot first but I got it fixed without reset.
    I believe unroot --> reroot is the way to go when switching.
    Stable is working fine on my A40 so it should on A30 too. (same soc)
    no just the first time , after that always reboot with root .
    Perfect.
    Complete (write) operation Failed :(:(

Thanks guys, I finally got Magisk working on the Samsung Galaxy A20, it was really difficult especially because it was the first Samsung that I ever unlock so for anyone facing any of the following problems here’s what I did.

Boot.img failed to patch:
    So here I make the mistake of copying the whole boot.img.lz4, what you have to do it's extract it and get the boot.img only.
    Odin not showing phone:
    You need, well in my case Samsung USB Drivers (I can't post urls so google)
    OEM Unlocking:
    This one was really difficult for me because i didn't know that you have 2 downloads modes (or 1 idk how this phone works), to enter the proper download mode where it haves the option to unlock the bootloader what I did was power off the phone, then press volume up + volume down, and then connect the usb from the pc to the phone, now you should have a blue screen with 3 options, if i remember it is Continue, Unlock and Cancel, here it is where you hold the volume up to unlock the bootloader.
    You know that you have unlocked your bootloader because every time you turn on your phone you have a message that says that you have your bootloader unlocked don’t install important stuff, bla, bla, press power to continue.
    Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed (BOOT):
    After unlocking the bootloader and trying to flash the boot.img with Magisk I encounter this error "Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed", after searching on the web and trying multiple stuff the way that work for me was to actually flash the original firmware but everything not just the AP, I flash BL, AP, CP and CSC, everything should be om the firmware that you download, when flashing mine look like this:
    BL: BL_A205GUBS2ASF1_CL15936623_QB24098166_REV00_user_low_ship.tar
    AP: AP_A205GUBS2ASF1_CL15936623_QB24098166_REV00_user_low_ship_meta_OS9.tar
    CP: CP_A205GNDXS2ASF2_CP12906125_CL15936623_QB24098166_REV00_user_low_ship.tar
    CSC: HOME_CSC_OMC_OWA_A205GOWA2ASF1_CL16080189_QB24095521_REV00_user_low_ship.tar

After flashing the stock everything I turn it on to see if the phone still works, an after that turn it off and enter download mode (volume up+volume down+usb) then procced to flash the modded boot.img and it worked this time. Don’t forget to full data wipe.
    Sorry if it its long I just thought it could help someone, thanks a lot and sorry for bad english xd

w6dJpeb.jpg

5Q4dyA2.jpg

8cJpOnM.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone