[GUIDE] Root Galaxy A50s with Magisk v19.3 ( Custom Channel Update )

Search This thread

Ashdavis122012

Aug 16, 2020
I have a verizon galaxy a50 I dialed *#272*imei# and picked XAS, then network only and now it doesnt get service at all and wont even let me call the codes.. it says must connect to mobile network??? HELP!!

rohitkhajuria

Jun 26, 2015
is it possible to root A50s without losing any data as I need to the backup app with data and helium backup isn't working properly on this phone. So I have to use Titanium Backup. Thanks in advance.

vietpro2008

Jun 24, 2012
This Root method use Custom Channel Update for Magisk v19.3 by patching to AP tar file. Magisk v19.3 worked stable on Galaxy A50s. As we know latest Magisk version v20.x did not work for Galaxy A50s with random bootloop problem. We can not install Magisk v19.3 normally wihout TWRP recovery, but with Custom Channel Update make it possible. Follow these steps:

1. Download the firmware Galaxy A50s that match with your A50s Model number.
2. Unzip the firmware and copy the AP tar file to your device. It is normally named as AP_[device_model_sw_ver].tar.md5. Copy 3. AP tar file and MagiskManager.apk to your phone.
3. Install Magisk Manager on your phone
4. Open Magisk - Settings - Update Channel select Custom in the custom URL write "https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/raw/3dec54c8a850660e3420f7668c7fb6dc8f7c199b/stable.json" then refresh Magisk by switch down the screen.* You will see Latest magisk is v19.3.
5. In Magisk Manager: Install → Install → Select and Patch a File
6. Select the AP tar file. Magisk Manager will patch the whole firmware file and store the output to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.tar. Copy magisk_patched.tar the tar file to your PC
7. Reboot to Bootloader: Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key, When Samsung Logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until Android Recovery Mode Appears. Select Wipe data / Factory reset. Select Reboot to bootloader. Connect the phone to PC using USB Cable.
8. Make sure the boot loader are unlocked ( OEM options is enabled with grey color )
9. Flash magisk_patched.tar as AP in ODIN, together with the BL, CP and HOME_CSC files.
Important: check “Auto Reboot” and "F. Reset time" only in Options!
10. Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device!
11. After the device is booted up, do the usual initial setup. It need more time and patient.
12. Connect the phone to Internet, if you see Magisk Manager installed, you must uninstall it.* Then Copy Magisk Manager apk file to your phone and install it.
13. Open Magisk Manager. It will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
14. Done! Your phone root with Magisk v19.3, Enjoy!

Magisk v19.3 worked stable on Samsung Galaxy A50s, watch this video below for visual guide

Error. Storage down 64gb to 16gb. How to fixx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Root method use Custom Channel Update for Magisk v19.3 by patching to AP tar file. Magisk v19.3 worked stable on Galaxy A50s. As we know latest Magisk version v20.x did not work for Galaxy A50s with random bootloop problem. We can not install Magisk v19.3 normally wihout TWRP recovery, but with Custom Channel Update make it possible. Follow these steps:

1. Download the firmware Galaxy A50s that match with your A50s Model number.
    2. Unzip the firmware and copy the AP tar file to your device. It is normally named as AP_[device_model_sw_ver].tar.md5. Copy 3. AP tar file and MagiskManager.apk to your phone.
    3. Install Magisk Manager on your phone
    4. Open Magisk - Settings - Update Channel select Custom in the custom URL write "https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/raw/3dec54c8a850660e3420f7668c7fb6dc8f7c199b/stable.json" then refresh Magisk by switch down the screen.* You will see Latest magisk is v19.3.
    5. In Magisk Manager: Install → Install → Select and Patch a File
    6. Select the AP tar file. Magisk Manager will patch the whole firmware file and store the output to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.tar. Copy magisk_patched.tar the tar file to your PC
    7. Reboot to Bootloader: Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key, When Samsung Logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until Android Recovery Mode Appears. Select Wipe data / Factory reset. Select Reboot to bootloader. Connect the phone to PC using USB Cable.
    8. Make sure the boot loader are unlocked ( OEM options is enabled with grey color )
    9. Flash magisk_patched.tar as AP in ODIN, together with the BL, CP and HOME_CSC files.
    Important: check “Auto Reboot” and "F. Reset time" only in Options!
    10. Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device!
    11. After the device is booted up, do the usual initial setup. It need more time and patient.
    12. Connect the phone to Internet, if you see Magisk Manager installed, you must uninstall it.* Then Copy Magisk Manager apk file to your phone and install it.
    13. Open Magisk Manager. It will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
    14. Done! Your phone root with Magisk v19.3, Enjoy!

Magisk v19.3 worked stable on Samsung Galaxy A50s, watch this video below for visual guide

Good job bro. Looking forward for A50s custom roms
    i think we need twrp first before install any custom rom . yeah . would be nice if a50s have ressurection remix and lineage os

OH mannnn I really need aosp rom for this phone. I hate to say that I despised OneUI the same as TouchWiz. I'm a pure Android guy, but this phone was the only fit my budget
    dantonio.marte; said:
    It look the phone is locked, could you show me the screen shot..