[GUIDE][ROOT]Galaxy M30S Bootloader Unlocking and Rooting Guide

Search This thread

eeeemc

Jan 12, 2011
Did a shutdown and boot to Magisk System again. Phone is continously rebooting. More than 15 times now.

Just in case you do have TASKER installed....... Try disable TASKER and reboot your device.

Just a quick testing from above to see if restarting issue will be gone.

Edmond

takikatana

Jun 13, 2019
GSI ROM

HELP HELP is there any GSI ROM compatible with my m30s . i try havoc OS 2.9 and it didn't work as it work for me in SAMSUNG A30 " same architecture
and please someone say to me witch architecture arm64 or arm or arm64 AB OR JUST A
help help help

Last edited:

andreidi

May 13, 2014
I tried using Smalipatcher to patch to reboot directly to magisk system, but I get ERROR: Reboot behaviour status class not found. Any ideas?

april404

Feb 23, 2018
Hello ,

See enclosed picture saying an update both:
Magisk ( to latest 20.2 )
Magisk Manager ( to latest 7.5.0 )

Can I ignore it ?
If I update , would it lost root privileged ? ( and how to update your patched Magisk Manager ? )

*** How in future I can insert picture in my post instead of picture as attachment ?

Thank you very much.
edmond.
I updated to Magisk 20.3 and got a random reboot issue.

sg30s

Feb 12, 2020
Hi @santhoosh
I followed your guide for magisk and all went well. My phone is m307f on ASL2
But soon after I am getting one constant repeated error
"IPService keeps stopping"
Its a popup at the bottom of the screen with options "App info" and "Close app". It's happening repeatedly with like 5s interval rendering the phone practically unusable.
I have tried clearing cache, uninstalled few apps, magisk core modules enable only, re-flashed patched firmware but its just not getting fixed.
Please let me know if you can help out here

Thanks

astralgoth

Feb 16, 2020
If you were to reflash the original firmware of the FN varient - would it be "Samsung Official" again for Samsung Health?

eeeemc

Jan 12, 2011
Any Bros here able to introduce safety method to slightly overclock this M30s please ?

I'm experience System UI unresponsive once in a wile ( as well as Tasker freeze & crashes my M30s )

Thank you very much.
edmond

eeeemc

Jan 12, 2011
Yes after patching factory reset is mandatory, and I have fixed the donate. Thanks.. Why don't you tell your region and version I'll try to upload the patched one of your region

<<< OUT TOPIC >>>

santhoosh , can you help today I bought model : vivo 1915 ( AKA Vivo Y19 )
Firmware update to : PD1934F_EX_A_1.9.13

I have no confident this page the rom is okay to get the device root safely.
Please if you can suggest me to show me where I can obtain correct ROM ( safe one ) https://www.getdroidtips.com/stock-rom-vivo-y19-firmware

Thank you very much. edmond.

Marvinlegend

Apr 4, 2020
I think my M30s somehow unrooted itself. Wanted to do sth that requires Root, was at first surprised the App did not ask for Root Permission. The action failed, so I checked Magisk Manager and it suddenly looks like this:

Zr7rA1X.jpg

I have no idea how this happened, Root Checker too says now that Root access is not properly installed on this device, but Root did work a few weeks ago.

When I click install it just gives me the option to download a zip, or patch a File. Does this mean I'd need to reflash Magisk? Wouldn't that reset my phone?

[Resolved, didn't boot up with Magisk]

Last edited:

geppy33

Apr 8, 2020
info root

hi everyone I made a root and a samsung galaxy m30 using using magisk manager and patchando the AP file of the original firmware (logically before I unlocked the bootloader).
The root was executed so much so that the root checker also tells me that the root is there.
The thing I noticed though is that I turn off the phone and then turn it on again the root remains, but if I restart it magisk loses the root (I open magisk and the dice that is not installed) power together to make magisk give me root permissions .
Has this happened to anyone? maybe even with another terminal?
Thanks for the attention

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    I'm not responsible if something went wrong on your phone(Usually nothing goes wrong). You are doing this on your own responsibility. Rooting your phone may void warranty so don't root your device unless you know what you are doing.

Before Installing Magisk

• Your device is non-A/B and uses system-as-root, so Magisk will be installed to the recovery partition of your device.
    • Installing Magisk for the first time REQUIRES a full data wipe, backup before continue( I would recommend to use SmartSwitch app for backup )
    • You have to have your bootloader unlocked before following the instructions.

Unlocking Bootloader
    • Allow bootloader unlocking in Developer options → OEM unlocking
    • Reboot your device to download mode. Turn off your device and hold volume up + volume down button, connect usb cable to PC
    • Long press volume up to unlock the bootloader. This will wipe your data and automatically reboot.
    • Go through the initial setup. Skip through all the steps since data will be wiped again later when we are installing Magisk.
    • Enable developer options, and confirm that the OEM unlocking option exists and grayed out!
    • Your bootloader now accepts unofficial images in download mode.

Instructions

Method 1

1. Download the latest firmware for your device.
    2. Unzip the firmware and copy the AP tar file to your device. It is normally named as AP_[device_model_sw_ver].tar.md5
    3. Install the latest Magisk Manager
    4. In Magisk Manager: Install → Install → Select and Patch a File and select the AP tar file.
    5. Magisk Manager will patch the whole firmware file and store the output to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.tar, Copy the patched file to your PC.
    6. Download and extract odin(link given below).
    7. Install Samsung USB drivers if not installed automatically.
    8. Reboot into download mode, odin will indicate blue in id:com if the device is connected.
    9. Flash magisk_patched.tar as AP in Odin, together with the BL, CP and CSC files. Never flash only an AP file, as Odin can shrink your /data file-system if you do.
    Important: Uncheck “Auto Reboot” in Options!
    10. Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device! But there are still several steps
    before you can properly use the device.
    11. We now want to boot into the stock recovery to factory reset our device.
    Full data wipe is mandatory! Do not skip this step.
    Press and hold Power + Volume Down to exit download mode. As soon as the screen turns off, immediately press and hold the Volume up + Power button to enter stock recovery.
    12. Use volume buttons to navigate through the stock recovery menu, and the power button to select an option. Choose Wipe data/factory reset to wipe the data of the device.
    13. This time, we can finally boot to the system with Magisk.
    Important: Select Reboot system now, and immediately press the Volume up + power button after seeing the bootloader warning screen, release all buttons so it can boot to the magisk system.
    14. The device will automatically reboot for the first time it boots. This is completely normal and done by design.
    15. After the device is booted up, do the usual initial setup. The following steps will need an internet connection.
    16. You shall see Magisk Manager in your app drawer; if not, manually install the APK and continue to the next step. The app will automatically upgrade to the full Magisk Manager when you open it.
    17. Enjoy Magisk :)

Method 2
    INS Only
    *To Make Things Easier*
    1. Download the firmware(already patched) from the link given below
    2. Unzip the firmware to any folder on your PC.
    3. Download and extract odin(link given below).
    4. Install Samsung USB drivers if not installed automatically.
    5. Reboot into download mode, odin will indicate blue in id:com if the device is connected.
    6. Flash AP, BL, CP and CSC files from extracted firmware. Do not load HOME_CSC and also leave USERDATA empty in odin.
    7. Continue steps from 10 to 17 from method 1

Method 3: Rooting with TWRP[Thread]
    1. Download Twrp based on ASL2 firmware only which already have magisk patched.
    2. Go to download mode
    3. Using odin flash TWRP in AP slot.
    4. Reboot to twrp and format data.
    4. Now you have Magisk + Twrp :)

Note: Magisk will be disabled when you reboot the device normally. To get into Magisk enabled system, Turn off your phone and use Volume up + power buttons to turn on and release it as soon as you see Samsung Galaxy M30S logo. This will boot into magisk system, I would recommend Smalipatcher module to reboot directly into magisk system.

Updates: For each and every updates, either magisk or system update always patch the firmware with magisk and flash using odin(data will not be wiped if HOME_CSC used instead of CSC)

Downloads
    Patched Firmware INS only
    Odin
    Samsung USB Drivers

NOTICE: Flash TWRP To Fix Reboot Issues After Patching ROM
    ????
    Thankyou bro
    But I think u should also post the process to patch the firmware.
    Twrp 3.3.1-0

Move here for twrp
    Disclaimer
    I'm not responsible if something went wrong on your phone(Usually nothing goes wrong). You are doing this on your own responsibility. Rooting your phone may void warranty so don't root your device unless you know what you are doing.

Before Installing Magisk

• Your device is non-A/B and uses system-as-root, so Magisk will be installed to the recovery partition of your device.
    • Installing Magisk for the first time REQUIRES a full data wipe, backup before continue( I would recommend to use SmartSwitch app for backup )
    • You have to have your bootloader unlocked before following the instructions.

Unlocking Bootloader
    • Allow bootloader unlocking in Developer options → OEM unlocking
    • Reboot your device to download mode. Either use adb reboot download, or Turn off your device and hold volume up + volume down button, connect usb cable to PC
    • Long press volume up to unlock the bootloader. This will wipe your data and automatically reboot.
    • Go through the initial setup. Skip through all the steps since data will be wiped again later when we are installing Magisk.
    • Enable developer options, and confirm that the OEM unlocking option exists and grayed out!
    • Your bootloader now accepts unofficial images in download mode.
    Instructions

1. Download the firmware from the link given below.
    2. Unzip the firmware to any folder on your PC.
    3. Download and extract odin(link given below).
    4. Install Samsung USB drivers if not installed automatically.
    5. Reboot into download mode, odin will indicate blue in id:com if the device is connected.
    6. Load AP, BL, CP and CSC files from extracted firmware. Do not load HOME_CSC and also leave USERDATA empty in odin.
    7. Now Start Flashing!
    8. Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device! But there are still several steps
    before you can properly use the device.
    9. We now want to boot into the stock recovery to factory reset our device.
    Full data wipe is mandatory! Do not skip this step.
    Press and hold Power + Volume Down to exit download mode. As soon as the screen turns off, immediately press and hold the Volume up + Power button to enter stock recovery.
    10. Use volume buttons to navigate through the stock recovery menu, and the power button to select an option. Choose Wipe data/factory reset to wipe the data of the device.
    11. This time, we can finally boot to the system with Magisk.
    Important: Select Reboot system now, and immediately press the Volume up + power button after seeing the bootloader warning screen, release all buttons so it can boot to the magisk system.
    12. The device will automatically reboot for the first time it boots. This is completely normal and done by design.
    13. After the device is booted up, do the usual initial setup. The following steps will need an internet connection.
    14. You shall see Magisk Manager in your app drawer; if not, manually install the APK and continue to the next step. The app will automatically upgrade to the full Magisk Manager when you open it.
    15. Enjoy Magisk :)

Where is the step for patching magisk, if you flash it on AP slot you must insert the Magisk_patched.tar file, it look like you did not do it by your self. The latest Magisk v20.1 may be does not work. the problem is random boot loop.
    You can watch this video below it will show you clearly steps by steps, you just need to change the firmware that match your M30s model number.
    It WORKS !!! ( Thousand thanks ! )

I believe main cause is I need to rename Magisk to other names ( AS YOU Pointed out ) and (((NOT))) any name spelling close to MANAGER .... or such. ( I renamed it to MGM )

Thanks !
    edmond.
    P.S. How to insert picture in forum when I post ?

Welcome...Really glad that it worked
    But i also dont know how to attach photos...lol