[GUIDE][ROOT]Galaxy M30S Bootloader Unlocking and Rooting Guide

Search This thread

Speedyix

Feb 14, 2015
Porto Alegre
what the heck is BTF !? and also, did i really need TWRP to be rooted ? i mean did flashing patched magisk AP is not enough to be rooted ?

thx btw

BTF3 is the firmware build's last 4 digit..
Devs changes this digits according to changes made to the software.

2nd it dosen't required TWRP to be rooted..
Patched Magisk AP is enough (but i prefer TWRP method bcs i am getting rendom reboots on Magisk Patched AP).

Last edited:

patihgeni

Jul 17, 2020
i'm really done with rooting stuff, really wasting my time that result is still not satisfying, so many times failed, so many times stuck logo, random bootloop etc, really not worth, god, rooting M30s is god damn hell hard.

the bootloop is really frustated me, that ending with flashing original AP again, and repeat with magisk, god damn, wasting time

guochao00

Aug 9, 2020
Ask for advice

I successfully installed magick (version 20.4) and Taichi through method 1 in this paper. However, after entering the system, I will restart it randomly for no reason. I don't know why. Please note that it is not the unlimited rebooting of the system, but the system will restart from time to time. Have you met? Which God knows why?

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

I updated to Magisk 20.3 and got a random reboot issue.
My magick version 20.4, enter the system to restart randomly, how to solve it? It's breaking down

eeeemc

Jan 12, 2011
Updated the main thread, Please use TWRP for stable Magisk environment.

Hello ,

Re: M30S ( India Machine )

Nowadays where to download firmware faster ?

I Just seems brick the device and would like to download the latest firmware to see if I get some luck to save the device.

I think I mean ROM ..................

Thank you very much.
edmond

Last edited:

d3athAdd3r

May 2, 2013
Hi,

i am trying to fix a boot struck Samsung m30s. on boot loader version 4.

There are currently 2 firmware for this version
SM-M307F / Galaxy M30s SM-M307F INS M307FXXU4BTI3 4 Q(Android 10) 20201007135004 →
SM-M307F / Galaxy M30s SM-M307F INS M307FXXS4BTI2 4 Q(Android 10) 20200924200434 →

i have flashed both, but the device does'nt boot, it gets struck on the samsung logo powered by android screen.
also tried factory reset before first boot, but the decide never boots to recovery after flashing. It goes into "installing system updates" blue screen and restarts after 2-3 seconds.
after that i tried to factory reset, but it gets struck in boot forever.
I cant flash any other firmware apart from mentioned due to bootloader version.

Strangly i notieced graphics test also fails in the recovery mode. not sure if this is related.

Is it possible to unlock bootloader at this point, without OEM unlock as the devide doesnt boot?
Looking for any other ideas as the device is out of warranty now.

ultrasound1991

Jan 11, 2014
Lecce
I have been using version 9 patched with magisk for a year. Now I have updated the device to android 10 (using odin and a patched image). Root rights are no longer recognized, even by holding down the volume up key at startup. In addition, video lag occurs frequently. What do you advise me to do? Previous version: M307FNXXU1ASJ1 Current version: M307FNXXU4BTJ1 Thanks

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2015
i'm really done with rooting stuff, really wasting my time that result is still not satisfying, so many times failed, so many times stuck logo, random bootloop etc, really not worth, god, rooting M30s is god damn hell hard.

the bootloop is really frustated me, that ending with flashing original AP again, and repeat with magisk, god damn, wasting time
Please help how I flash stock ap my device bricked bootloader unlocked m307f BTK1

Jan 23, 2015

Hi bro help I bricked my Phone BTK1 bootloader unlocked I flash AP stock only without BL ?

nufusdisc0

Jan 12, 2012
Help!!!

I forget to disable autoreboot on Odin using Method 3, and now my device cannot login TWRP or Samsung UI,
Are this problem really not fixed or it has a way to fix my problem?

Thank you

13. This time, we can finally boot to the system with Magisk.
Important: Select Reboot system now, and immediately press the Volume up + power button after seeing the bootloader warning screen, release all buttons so it can boot to the magisk system.
After the first reboot I boot to desktop, it did not boot to a magisk enabled sytem, so then I shutdown and tried step 13. again. but all this does is result in a msg at the top of screen in red font "only official binaries can be flashed (VBMETA)" which then puts me right back at square one.
What step am I missing here?
  1. Why is the device not booting into a magisk enable system after the first reboot? I have tried letting go of all the keys when
    • When screen first displays anything.
    • Or when I see the warning txt at the top of the screen.
    • What bootloader arning screen are you refering to EXACTLY.
  2. Whats causing the above msg after the second reboot?
The device is SM-M307F, on Android 10 (M307FNXXU4BTL2_M307FNOXM4BTL2_BTU)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    I'm not responsible if something went wrong on your phone(Usually nothing goes wrong). You are doing this on your own responsibility. Rooting your phone may void warranty so don't root your device unless you know what you are doing.

Before Installing Magisk

• Your device is non-A/B and uses system-as-root, so Magisk will be installed to the recovery partition of your device.
    • Installing Magisk for the first time REQUIRES a full data wipe, backup before continue( I would recommend to use SmartSwitch app for backup )
    • You have to have your bootloader unlocked before following the instructions.

Unlocking Bootloader
    • Allow bootloader unlocking in Developer options → OEM unlocking
    • Reboot your device to download mode. Turn off your device and hold volume up + volume down button, connect usb cable to PC
    • Long press volume up to unlock the bootloader. This will wipe your data and automatically reboot.
    • Go through the initial setup. Skip through all the steps since data will be wiped again later when we are installing Magisk.
    • Enable developer options, and confirm that the OEM unlocking option exists and grayed out!
    • Your bootloader now accepts unofficial images in download mode.

Instructions

Method 1

1. Download the latest firmware for your device.
    2. Unzip the firmware and copy the AP tar file to your device. It is normally named as AP_[device_model_sw_ver].tar.md5
    3. Install the latest Magisk Manager
    4. In Magisk Manager: Install → Install → Select and Patch a File and select the AP tar file.
    5. Magisk Manager will patch the whole firmware file and store the output to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.tar, Copy the patched file to your PC.
    6. Download and extract odin(link given below).
    7. Install Samsung USB drivers if not installed automatically.
    8. Reboot into download mode, odin will indicate blue in id:com if the device is connected.
    9. Flash magisk_patched.tar as AP in Odin, together with the BL, CP and CSC files. Never flash only an AP file, as Odin can shrink your /data file-system if you do.
    Important: Uncheck “Auto Reboot” in Options!
    10. Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device! But there are still several steps
    before you can properly use the device.
    11. We now want to boot into the stock recovery to factory reset our device.
    Full data wipe is mandatory! Do not skip this step.
    Press and hold Power + Volume Down to exit download mode. As soon as the screen turns off, immediately press and hold the Volume up + Power button to enter stock recovery.
    12. Use volume buttons to navigate through the stock recovery menu, and the power button to select an option. Choose Wipe data/factory reset to wipe the data of the device.
    13. This time, we can finally boot to the system with Magisk.
    Important: Select Reboot system now, and immediately press the Volume up + power button after seeing the bootloader warning screen, release all buttons so it can boot to the magisk system.
    14. The device will automatically reboot for the first time it boots. This is completely normal and done by design.
    15. After the device is booted up, do the usual initial setup. The following steps will need an internet connection.
    16. You shall see Magisk Manager in your app drawer; if not, manually install the APK and continue to the next step. The app will automatically upgrade to the full Magisk Manager when you open it.
    17. Enjoy Magisk :)

Method 2
    INS Only
    *To Make Things Easier*
    1. Download the firmware(already patched) from the link given below
    2. Unzip the firmware to any folder on your PC.
    3. Download and extract odin(link given below).
    4. Install Samsung USB drivers if not installed automatically.
    5. Reboot into download mode, odin will indicate blue in id:com if the device is connected.
    6. Flash AP, BL, CP and CSC files from extracted firmware. Do not load HOME_CSC and also leave USERDATA empty in odin.
    7. Continue steps from 10 to 17 from method 1

Method 3: Rooting with TWRP[Thread]
    1. Download Twrp based on ASL2 firmware only which already have magisk patched.
    2. Go to download mode
    3. Using odin flash TWRP in AP slot.
    4. Reboot to twrp and format data.
    4. Now you have Magisk + Twrp :)

Note: Magisk will be disabled when you reboot the device normally. To get into Magisk enabled system, Turn off your phone and use Volume up + power buttons to turn on and release it as soon as you see Samsung Galaxy M30S logo. This will boot into magisk system, I would recommend Smalipatcher module to reboot directly into magisk system.

Updates: For each and every updates, either magisk or system update always patch the firmware with magisk and flash using odin(data will not be wiped if HOME_CSC used instead of CSC)

Downloads
    Patched Firmware INS only
    Odin
    Samsung USB Drivers

NOTICE: Flash TWRP To Fix Reboot Issues After Patching ROM
    ????
    Thankyou bro
    But I think u should also post the process to patch the firmware.
    Twrp 3.3.1-0

Move here for twrp
    Disclaimer
    I'm not responsible if something went wrong on your phone(Usually nothing goes wrong). You are doing this on your own responsibility. Rooting your phone may void warranty so don't root your device unless you know what you are doing.

Before Installing Magisk

• Your device is non-A/B and uses system-as-root, so Magisk will be installed to the recovery partition of your device.
    • Installing Magisk for the first time REQUIRES a full data wipe, backup before continue( I would recommend to use SmartSwitch app for backup )
    • You have to have your bootloader unlocked before following the instructions.

Unlocking Bootloader
    • Allow bootloader unlocking in Developer options → OEM unlocking
    • Reboot your device to download mode. Either use adb reboot download, or Turn off your device and hold volume up + volume down button, connect usb cable to PC
    • Long press volume up to unlock the bootloader. This will wipe your data and automatically reboot.
    • Go through the initial setup. Skip through all the steps since data will be wiped again later when we are installing Magisk.
    • Enable developer options, and confirm that the OEM unlocking option exists and grayed out!
    • Your bootloader now accepts unofficial images in download mode.
    Instructions

1. Download the firmware from the link given below.
    2. Unzip the firmware to any folder on your PC.
    3. Download and extract odin(link given below).
    4. Install Samsung USB drivers if not installed automatically.
    5. Reboot into download mode, odin will indicate blue in id:com if the device is connected.
    6. Load AP, BL, CP and CSC files from extracted firmware. Do not load HOME_CSC and also leave USERDATA empty in odin.
    7. Now Start Flashing!
    8. Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device! But there are still several steps
    before you can properly use the device.
    9. We now want to boot into the stock recovery to factory reset our device.
    Full data wipe is mandatory! Do not skip this step.
    Press and hold Power + Volume Down to exit download mode. As soon as the screen turns off, immediately press and hold the Volume up + Power button to enter stock recovery.
    10. Use volume buttons to navigate through the stock recovery menu, and the power button to select an option. Choose Wipe data/factory reset to wipe the data of the device.
    11. This time, we can finally boot to the system with Magisk.
    12. The device will automatically reboot for the first time it boots. This is completely normal and done by design.
    13. After the device is booted up, do the usual initial setup. The following steps will need an internet connection.
    14. You shall see Magisk Manager in your app drawer; if not, manually install the APK and continue to the next step. The app will automatically upgrade to the full Magisk Manager when you open it.
    15. Enjoy Magisk :)

Where is the step for patching magisk, if you flash it on AP slot you must insert the Magisk_patched.tar file, it look like you did not do it by your self. The latest Magisk v20.1 may be does not work. the problem is random boot loop.
    You can watch this video below it will show you clearly steps by steps, you just need to change the firmware that match your M30s model number.
    It WORKS !!! ( Thousand thanks ! )

I believe main cause is I need to rename Magisk to other names ( AS YOU Pointed out ) and (((NOT))) any name spelling close to MANAGER .... or such. ( I renamed it to MGM )

Thanks !
    edmond.
    P.S. How to insert picture in forum when I post ?

Welcome...Really glad that it worked
    But i also dont know how to attach photos...lol