• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[guide] [root]how to root your a50s again (with unstable TWRP)

halcyon441

Jan 2, 2020
HCMC
ATA6 tested, and not test on other version, but you can try.
Patched with Magisk v20.4 (latest version)
here
Google Drive

make a backup, make sure your bootloader is unlocked.
wipe all of your data.
select as AP in Odin3.
Untick "Auto Reboot" please, only the "F.Reset Time" is ticked.
Flash it.
After flashing, hold volume up and down...
When screen blank, hold Volume Up and Power and after pass the unlock bootloader message, hold volume up to boot to TWRP.
Choose Reboot -> Power Off.
When the device is shut down, press both Volume Up and Power to boot to Magisk system.
Setup...
And do setup in Magisk (any version you like, even Canary).
Done.

Source for who want to contribute: (devs only)
Android 9 (ATA6).
Android 10 (BTB2).

Last edited:

halcyon441

Jan 2, 2020
HCMC
I am not responsible for who bricked their devices, data go to xiaomi server, or your parents see your browsing history. You only do this when you know what are you doing.

forget that this is also custom kernel too. (under the name [email protected]).

Last edited:
Reactions: endro69

halcyon441

Jan 2, 2020
HCMC
If you have compiled for Android 10, please send me :)
First of all, i promise i will do, i sent Samsung the inquiry to have the open source for the bit 4 firmware.
Second, i'm a student and in Vietnam, we have to study (a lot) after our government have declared that they have solved the COVID-19. I have less time to solve bugs that Samsung left in the open source.
Third, TWRP for Android 10 is not going to easy since i am newbie for this so it might not work for some reasons, most of that is i messed up.
In conclusion, i need to have time, hope you guys can wait, i don't leave things there.

Last edited:

rockadz9

Apr 15, 2014
XDA
ATA6 tested, and not test on other version, but you can try.
Patched with Magisk v20.4 (latest version)
here
Google Drive

make a backup, make sure your bootloader is unlocked.
wipe all of your data.
select as AP in Odin3.
Untick "Auto Reboot" please, only the "F.Reset Time" is ticked.
Flash it.
After flashing, hold volume up and down...
When screen blank, hold Volume Up and Power and after pass the unlock bootloader message, hold volume up to boot to TWRP.
Choose Reboot -> Power Off.
When the device is shut down, press both Volume Up and Power to boot to Magisk system.
Setup...
And do setup in Magisk (any version you like, even Canary).
Done.

Source for who want to contribute: (devs only)
Android 9 (ATA6).
Android 10 (BTB2).

Hi.. Friend how to on BTB4?

halcyon441

Jan 2, 2020
HCMC
I try to compile it but I don't know how to do it :eek: I was looking for tutorial about that, I am using Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS 64bit. Could you suggest me a web or a tutorial for that, thanks
use my device tree on GitHub. i have left the guide there. you will see it.
but still, i would recommend Kali Linux :)

redymedan

Dec 10, 2016
use my device tree on GitHub. i have left the guide there. you will see it.
but still, i would recommend Kali Linux :)
What Kali Linux version that you recommended? I have finished the TWRP edit a line on fstab and add a file on etc folder to fix stuck on booting, flash it and flash a custom rom and it works but I faced problem when rooting, I tried patch magisk but faced bootloop. I don't have an idea right now :)

halcyon441

Jan 2, 2020
HCMC
What Kali Linux version that you recommended? I have finished the TWRP edit a line on fstab and add a file on etc folder to fix stuck on booting, flash it and flash a custom rom and it works but I faced problem when rooting, I tried patch magisk but faced bootloop. I don't have an idea right now :)
Samsung did a great job by messing up the kernel. you will have to compile the custom kernel by yourself. i will send you a link, watch those commits and do as it.

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone