Are you sure you have installed Android 4.0.3?
If you see Android Version 4.1.2 on Settings -> Device Info, you should look for another method to root
It's here in the forum, so just use search
to me, that message shows there is no file called "root" in that folder. check if it's really there. also, you gotta unlock your bootloader FIRST, THEN install CWM. don't mess up the order of things. rooting comes first though.
this is a way to root on ICS, not JB btw. it won't work on JB.
go here: official unlock procedure
I got a root!
This is a process.
1. Install to USB Driver
2. download HTC One X root-kit.,unzip to C:\onxr
3. you choose USB debugging on your 4X (Setting>Developer options>USB debugging)
4. Install and run the IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk
5. reboot manually(after reboot, 4x becomes very slow!)
6.connect 4x to PC and run the command prompt
cd c:\onxr -> root
9. A reboot starts automatically. (2times~3times)
sorry my bad engilish....
my 4x software version is LG-P880-V10d-JUL-16-2012