[GUIDE][ROOT] How to Root your LG Optimus 4X HD (O4X P880)

Search This thread

Afro

Nov 5, 2012
Paderborn
my phone run stock JB 4.1.2. I want to know which method is better for me.thanks

The method given on first post of this thread is only for Android 4.0.3 (10x-firmware versions)
The link you gave us is the method for Android 4.1.2 (20x-firmware versions)....

Original post is here and your link is just a "copy" of the original post... ;)

yoeleli

Sep 24, 2011
I installed the apk, and when i try to open it it instantly force closes.
help?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Camawn

gengi

Jan 9, 2011
Picture not showing on making/receving/calls. Anyone else?

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Camawn

Mar 22, 2014
Hello,

I currently have a Canadian LG P880 running v10f. I was wondering, how does one downgrade to v10c to root? I don't understand what needs to be done.

sPEADy

Mar 21, 2013
NRW
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Hello,

I currently have a Canadian LG P880 running v10f. I was wondering, how does one downgrade to v10c to root? I don't understand what needs to be done.

Just do'nt pollute each thread just because that you cannot understand how to do root .......... I give you a hint you need to be on V10H for this now if you still don't get it I would say.......

Attachments

• are-you-serious-right-now.jpg
    are-you-serious-right-now.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Camawn

Mar 22, 2014
I guess it will work fine on v10f. Have you tried that yet?
Yes, it doesn't work...

Just do'nt pollute each thread just because that you cannot understand how to do root .......... I give you a hint you need to be on V10H for this now if you still don't get it I would say.......
Speady, I want to thank you for your hint. However, I've tried every single method to downgrade and it's just not working. I don't know what to do.

I don't appreciate you saying I'm 'polluting' this thread ; I'm asking a valid question and expecting valid answers.

Flying_Bear

Jan 16, 2011
Yes, it doesn't work...

Speady, I want to thank you for your hint. However, I've tried every single method to downgrade and it's just not working. I don't know what to do.

I don't appreciate you saying I'm 'polluting' this thread ; I'm asking a valid question and expecting valid answers.

listen man, you have canadian version of this phone - p880g. it's completely different to regular version; only version you can root if i recall correctly is 10c, and it's been almost removed completely from the internet. it has been, however, posted numerous times by users here at xda, so try searching for it, if you're lucky, you might just find it. after (if) you find it, use kdz flasher to flash it, and search for threads for a way to root it.
in the end, i think you're probably the only user on xda atm to have canadian version of this phone :p so there aren't many people who can help you with your requests

Camawn

Mar 22, 2014
listen man, you have canadian version of this phone - p880g. it's completely different to regular version; only version you can root if i recall correctly is 10c, and it's been almost removed completely from the internet. it has been, however, posted numerous times by users here at xda, so try searching for it, if you're lucky, you might just find it. after (if) you find it, use kdz flasher to flash it, and search for threads for a way to root it.
in the end, i think you're probably the only user on xda atm to have canadian version of this phone :p so there aren't many people who can help you with your requests
I found it. However, Kdz flasher isn't working for me....

grekko44

Nov 20, 2012
root with kingo android root. it will not crash.

Thanks for that bit of info, I'd tried and tried with 'root' advice from numerous posters and sites but all to no avail until I spotted your advice:good::good::good:....you are a star, and the method is so simple even I found it easy;).

Should anyone else be in need here's the link:
http://www.kingoapp.com/

Last edited:

frankiefkit

Sep 11, 2010
Zagreb
hi,

my fiancee have ld 4xhd and it has never been rooted, i want to root the phone and put some rom on it. can anyone tell me does this way of rooting works and which rom (link please) is the best in performance and battery life, because now performance and battery life are terrible.

i have htc sensation since it got out and i know everyhing about rooting it but i have never rooted her phone.

thanks

Thanks for that bit of info, I'd tried and tried with 'root' advice from numerous posters and sites but all to no avail until I spotted your advice:good::good::good:....you are a star, and the method is so simple even I found it easy;).

Should anyone else be in need here's the link:
http://www.kingoapp.com/

Thanks, this worked for me too!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: Unfortunately I no longer own this handset so am unable to test it against newer firmwares. If you find that this method does not work on firmware newer than V10D, try downgrading first.

I would like to begin this post, by saying that I did not come up with this method, but wanted to get it written up as a proper thread as soon as possible for people to start enjoying root on their phones!

This method was tested successfully by me on an EU phone running V10D. I am not responsible for what you do to your device after reading this guide. You undertake any actions at your own risk!

If you want to thank someone, please thank qaz753 who posted the method for this here.

All files needed are attached, the guide below is for Windows, but Linux and Mac scripts are included in the zip. (If certain files are not permitted to be attached, MODs please excuse and PM me, and I will look into hosting them myself)

GUIDE

1. Download, Unzip and Install the LG USB Driver.
    2. Download and extract the Root kit (o4xr.zip) to "C:\o4xr"
    3. Download and copy "IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk" to your phone
    4. On your phone, go to "Settings -> Security" and make sure "Unknown Sources" is TICKED
    5. Go to "Settings -> Developer options" and make sure "USB debugging" is TICKED
    6. Install "IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk"
    7. Open the "SystemBackupTest" app you just installed.
    8. Hold the power button and choose "Power off and restart".
    9. When you can see the lock screen, you may notice that the phone is running very slowly, this is normal.
    10. Connect your phone via USB to your computer.
    11. Make sure the phone is in "Charging Only" mode.
    12. Open a command prompt (may need admin privelages, right click, run as administrator)
    13. Type without quotes "cd C:\o4xr" and press enter.
    14. Type without quotes "root" and press enter.
    15. Wait while the script runs, and the phone will reboot automatically.
    16. You should then see the command prompt "C:\o4xr>".
    17. Uninstall the "SystemBackupTest" app on your phone. (Do NOT re-open it, or you will need to run the script again).
    18. On your phone, open up Google Play Store and search for "SuperSU".
    19. Update SuperSU then open it.
    20. Press OK to update the SU binary.
    21. You now have root and can safely restore the "Unknown Sources" and "USB debugging" settings back to how you had them!

The root kit and apk may contain other peoples work, I did a quick search to try and find the original sources but to no avail. If this is your work, please PM me and I will be more than happy to add your name to this post and give credit where its due. :)

HAVING ISSUES?

• Try disabling any Anti-Virus you have running
    • Uninstall or disable any screen filters/adjusters
    • You can safely re-enable and re-install the above once you have completed root
    • If your device is really slow, make sure "USB Debugging" is ticked, then run in a command prompt:

REALLY SLOW AFTER ROOT?

• Remove the "SystemBackupTest" app, if you haven't already.
    • On your phone, go to "Settings -> Developer options" and make sure "USB debugging" is TICKED
    • Connect your phone via USB to your computer.
    • Make sure the phone is in "Charging Only" mode.
    • Open a command prompt (may need admin privelages, right click, run as administrator)
    • Type without quotes "cd C:\o4xr" and press enter.
    • Type without quotes "adb shell rm /data/local.prop" and press enter.
    • Type without quotes "adb reboot" and press enter.

THANKS

• qaz753, for posting this method!
    • atipon, for reducing the reboots to 1.

Original post:
    I got a root!

This is a process.

1. Install to USB Driver
    2. download HTC One X root-kit.,unzip to C:\onxr
    3. you choose USB debugging on your 4X (Setting>Developer options>USB debugging)
    4. Install and run the IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk

5. reboot manually(after reboot, 4x becomes very slow!)
    6.connect 4x to PC and run the command prompt

cd c:\onxr -> root

9. A reboot starts automatically. (2times~3times)

end

sorry my bad engilish....
    my 4x software version is LG-P880-V10d-JUL-16-2012
    securedownload.jpg
    root with kingo android root. it will not crash.
    Big Up for all who contributed towards finding the way to root our 4X HD :good: :D

Especially for qaz753, of course :p

Edit : It works perfectly !

Sorry but Can I get the V10F version if I have already the root?

Have I do anything before update? I have only the root, not the recovery.

Thanks in advance

I used the LG Mobile support tool to update my rooted phone. Even though it said it would wipe everything it didn't. I would recommend backing up just in case though.

It will unroot the phone, so you will need to follow the root guide again from scratch to regain root.