• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE][ROOT] Increase the Headset Volume

Search This thread

XeLLaR*

Jun 25, 2012
DevConnection
Hello,
As you may know, the EU limits the Musicvolume your phone can put out. For some people like me, it is just too low, i can hear traffic when i listen to music even with decent in-ears.
However, thanks to @Paolo83 there is a solution to this problem.

What you need:
P9 Lite on B370/B380
Root and an Root File explorer.

Note: Single sim devices are Venus, Dualsim devices are Venus2.
Sidenote: Venus and Venus2 are Huaweis company internal codenames for single and dualsim VNS-L21 and L31 if you didnt knew.

Step 1: Navigate to /product/etc/audio/hi6402mixer_volumes###
Step 2: Search for the file " mixer_volumes_VENUS_ce" file on singlesim devices, and for " mixer_volumes_VENUS2_ce" on dualsim devices.
Step 3: Open the file in an text editor, and search for this part
Code:
 <path name="media-headphone" >
        <ctl name="S1 IL PGA GAIN" value="0" />
        <ctl name="S1 IR PGA GAIN" value="0" />
        <ctl name="HPL PGA GAIN" value="10" />
        <ctl name="HPR PGA GAIN" value="10" />
    </path>
Change the values of "HPL PGA GAIN" and HPR PGA GAIN" from 10 to 28 and save.
Note: You dont have to use the 28 value. If 28 is too loud for you just use a lower value like 15.
Step 4: Reboot and thats it!

Warning: Values above 20 are EXTREMELY, INSANELY loud, do not hear music at max volume for extended periods of time.

Credit goes to: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71736093&postcount=416
Again, i am sorry i couldnt give credit where credit is due earlier.

Gz
XeLLaR*

Last edited:

Mazzen.kh

Dec 11, 2012
Cairo
Samsung Galaxy S20
Pretty neat trick, thank you very much for sharing it.

Though I want to point out that despite my device being the dual sim variant, the trick didn't work until I changed mixer_volumes_VENUS_ce too, so I'm not sure about the Venus and Venus2 thing, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Also there are these files in other folders inside product/etc that has files ending with Venus3 and there is no 3 sim variant?
Thank you.

Paolo83

Aug 30, 2013
Novara
Sorry but this trick Is mine... I wrote It a few months ago. The value 28 Is my magic number .
I wrote It here and It an italian forum.
copy the work of others and take the merits... Wow

Reactions: zgomot

XeLLaR*

Jun 25, 2012
DevConnection
Sorry but this trick Is mine... I wrote It a few months ago. The value 28 Is my magic number .

Hello @Paolo83,
I know i saw this somewhere, i was searching for your post but i couldnt find it so i left it out.
I hope you accept my apology. Of course i will edit the OP with credits for your good work!

Have a nice day
Gz
X

Last edited:
Reactions: zgomot

zgomot

Apr 23, 2010
Arad
Huawei P30
Well, I messed up.

I used QuickEdit Text Editor to open and edit these files (I edited VENUS and VENUS2, just to be sure) and now my device won't play any audio.

I did not backup the original files so now I have to restore TWRP backup.

What I did and what was probably the issue is that I saved these two files on my SD-card with QuickEdit Text Editor and then pasted them back to their place. Maybe that text editor messed up some encoding, I don't know...

Any ideas?

maka1105

Sep 23, 2015
Sarajevo
Well, I messed up.

I used QuickEdit Text Editor to open and edit these files (I edited VENUS and VENUS2, just to be sure) and now my device won't play any audio.

I did not backup the original files so now I have to restore TWRP backup.

What I did and what was probably the issue is that I saved these two files on my SD-card with QuickEdit Text Editor and then pasted them back to their place. Maybe that text editor messed up some encoding, I don't know...

Any ideas?
Maybe you have wrong permissions now. Check permissions of the others VENUS files you did not touched. Put the same permissions.

maka1105

Sep 23, 2015
Sarajevo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170622-170919.png
    Screenshot_20170622-170919.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 390

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    As you may know, the EU limits the Musicvolume your phone can put out. For some people like me, it is just too low, i can hear traffic when i listen to music even with decent in-ears.
    However, thanks to @Paolo83 there is a solution to this problem.

What you need:
    P9 Lite on B370/B380
    Root and an Root File explorer.

Note: Single sim devices are Venus, Dualsim devices are Venus2.
    Sidenote: Venus and Venus2 are Huaweis company internal codenames for single and dualsim VNS-L21 and L31 if you didnt knew.

Step 1: Navigate to /product/etc/audio/hi6402mixer_volumes###
    Step 2: Search for the file " mixer_volumes_VENUS_ce" file on singlesim devices, and for " mixer_volumes_VENUS2_ce" on dualsim devices.
    Step 3: Open the file in an text editor, and search for this part
    Code:
     <path name="media-headphone" >
            <ctl name="S1 IL PGA GAIN" value="0" />
            <ctl name="S1 IR PGA GAIN" value="0" />
            <ctl name="HPL PGA GAIN" value="10" />
            <ctl name="HPR PGA GAIN" value="10" />
        </path>
    Change the values of "HPL PGA GAIN" and HPR PGA GAIN" from 10 to 28 and save.
    Note: You dont have to use the 28 value. If 28 is too loud for you just use a lower value like 15.
    Step 4: Reboot and thats it!

Warning: Values above 20 are EXTREMELY, INSANELY loud, do not hear music at max volume for extended periods of time.

Credit goes to: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71736093&postcount=416
    Again, i am sorry i couldnt give credit where credit is due earlier.

Gz
    XeLLaR*

Hello @Paolo83,
    I know i saw this somewhere, i was searching for your post but i couldnt find it so i left it out.
    I hope you accept my apology. Of course i will edit the OP with credits for your good work!

Have a nice day
    Gz
    X
    Hello @Paolo83,

Have a nice day
    Gz
    X

it's all ok! lol
    Hi, for change mic gain? And for increase speaker volume? Thanks.