• Charge_Disable.tsk.xml
    1.4 KB · Views: 732
  • Charge_Enable.tsk.xml
    947 bytes · Views: 475

jonahmt21

Sep 17, 2012
Google Nexus 4
HTC Incredible S
Charging enable has a wait time of 1 hour. You can change this if you want to enable charging sooner. Wait time thats too short will toggle charge and discharge quickly if device is left plugged in. Not sure what that will do to the device. ?

Squabl

Jun 21, 2014
How should i use this ? ?
I didn't get it work either but as no one hasn't given any answers yet I'm going to try... This is what I tried:

1. Import the tasks to Tasker
2. Create a new profile. Select State -> Power -> Power. The source should be kept as "Any".
3. This one is a wild guess but I think you should use the Charge disabled task as the primary one.
4. Add an exit task to that newly created profile. I think it's the Charge enable task.

I left my phone plugged in to a charger and the charging stopped when the desired battery level was reached. However, it never started to charge again. My phone was plugged in for a couple of hours and I had to use my own task to edit the charging enabled file. Did I do something wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit. Got it working. The charge enable task was somehow corrupted in the import process.

Last edited:

lyrebird

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
OnePlus 8 Pro

Squabl

Jun 21, 2014

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180516-070505__01.png
    Screenshot_20180516-070505__01.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 491
  • Screenshot_20180516-070608.png
    Screenshot_20180516-070608.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 481
Reactions: lyrebird

Squabl

Jun 21, 2014
This doesn't seem to be working on OB9. It will stop charging at set level but it will enable charging again after a few seconds. Anybody have an idea why?
Have you tried narrowing down the issue? What happens if you manually edit the control file?

It's very unfortunate if Oneplus has started editing the charge control file periodically. I haven't upgraded to OB9 yet and will wait for results before upgrading.

jonahmt21

Sep 17, 2012
Google Nexus 4
HTC Incredible S
A little more testing...

Removed the charge enable exit task to see if the charging will be permanently disabled, but the charging still enables after a few seconds. Seems like the device is detecting that the device is plugged in and the battery is not at 100% so it enables charging again. Not sure how to get around this. ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reference Thread: https://xdaforums.com/pixel-xl/how-to/guide-limit-battery-charge-level-tasker-t3668059

attached are the xml's that works for the OP5T Oreo. ive been using this for a week now and its seems reilable. you can change the values of battery level and wait times.
    How should i use this ? ?
    I didn't get it work either but as no one hasn't given any answers yet I'm going to try... This is what I tried:

1. Import the tasks to Tasker
    2. Create a new profile. Select State -> Power -> Power. The source should be kept as "Any".
    3. This one is a wild guess but I think you should use the Charge disabled task as the primary one.
    4. Add an exit task to that newly created profile. I think it's the Charge enable task.

I left my phone plugged in to a charger and the charging stopped when the desired battery level was reached. However, it never started to charge again. My phone was plugged in for a couple of hours and I had to use my own task to edit the charging enabled file. Did I do something wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit. Got it working. The charge enable task was somehow corrupted in the import process.
    Please read the reference thread. It was already explained there. Thanks
    How to change battery level? Do I need to edit the xml file or I can do it at tasker?
    Thanks.

You can edit it with Tasker. Just change the percentage to your liking: