• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] Root/Magisk for Android 11/OOS11 (T-Mobile)

Search This thread

FoxyDrew

Aug 18, 2014
East Taunton
Requires Bootloader to be unlocked (Tutorial for unlocking T-Mobile bootloader)

INSTRUCTIONS
- Download the latest Magisk.zip from github (link below)

- Download attached recovery.img and flash to recovery partition. (command below)

- Once booted into recovery choose "Apply Update" then "Apply from ADB"

- In adb on your pc, push the magisk.zip with the command "adb sideload Magisk-vXXX.zip" Make sure the magisk zip file is in your fastboot folder if you don't have fastboot system-wide. (If your Magisk file is an ".apk", just rename it to a ".zip" file.)

- It will give signature verification error on your phone, choose "INSTALL ANYWAY"

- Reboot to system and install the Magisk Manager app and you will see Magisk succesfully installed

To flash recovery

Code:
fastboot boot recovery recovery.img

DOWNLOADS
- Latest Magisk
- Recovery.img

Last edited:

Rms44

Dec 31, 2020
Using tmobile oneplus 8 unlocked bootloader

Can you break this down a bit more? So I'm on a mac I downloaded both files. Typed the command into the terminal and get disk image is corrupted

Rms44

Dec 31, 2020
I'm stuck on the part where you have to side load the magisk file in recovery. When i do the command i get his error
adb: failed to read package block: Is a directory

trinidude4

Apr 16, 2014
Amazon Fire
OnePlus 6T
I'm stuck on the part where you have to side load the magisk file in recovery. When i do the command i get his error
adb: failed to read package block: Is a directory
Are you sideloading the zip, or maybe when you downloaded the magisk zip, your Mac automatically unzipped it so you now have a directory.

I haven't used this root method, but I use Macs once in a while, and that's one of my annoyances with one of the Macs I use.

Rms44

Dec 31, 2020
Are you sideloading the zip, or maybe when you downloaded the magisk zip, your Mac automatically unzipped it so you now have a directory.

I haven't used this root method, but I use Macs once in a while, and that's one of my annoyances with one of the Macs I use.
What would I do to remove the directory just delete the file ?

bouyakasha

Jan 23, 2008
This didn't work for me, I got this error after running sideload. Any idea how to resolve this?

"E: Failed to find update binary META-INF /com/google/android/update-binary"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requires Bootloader to be unlocked (Tutorial for unlocking T-Mobile bootloader)

INSTRUCTIONS
    - Download the latest Magisk.zip from github (link below)

- Download attached recovery.img and flash to recovery partition. (command below)

- Once booted into recovery choose "Apply Update" then "Apply from ADB"

- In adb on your pc, push the magisk.zip with the command "adb sideload Magisk-vXXX.zip" Make sure the magisk zip file is in your fastboot folder if you don't have fastboot system-wide. (If your Magisk file is an ".apk", just rename it to a ".zip" file.)

- It will give signature verification error on your phone, choose "INSTALL ANYWAY"

- Reboot to system and install the Magisk Manager app and you will see Magisk succesfully installed

To flash recovery

Code:
    fastboot boot recovery recovery.img

DOWNLOADS
    - Latest Magisk
    - Recovery.img
    So simple & fast... no fussy boot.img patching with specific Magisk versions, etc!

How will you install updates?

Thanx
    Can we update magisk from the magisk app?
    Yes my friend working like a charm
    What would I do to remove the directory just delete the file ?
    You have to just make sure you have the magisk zip file instead of an unzipped version. Next time I'm working on a mac, I can play around to see if I can replicate your problem.