• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] Root/Magisk for Android 11/OOS11 (T-Mobile)

Search This thread

aviator.OO7

Oct 4, 2015
Requires Bootloader to be unlocked (Tutorial for unlocking T-Mobile bootloader)

INSTRUCTIONS
- Download the latest Magisk.zip from github (link below)

- Download attached recovery.img and flash to recovery partition. (command below)

-Boot to the newly installed recovery, by selecting recovery on the Fastboot screen on your device (scroll with volume buttons). Once booted choose "Apply Update" then "Apply from ADB"

- In adb on your pc, push the magisk.zip with the command "adb sideload Magisk-vXXX.zip" Make sure the magisk zip file is in your fastboot folder if you don't have fastboot system-wide.

- It will give signature verification error on your phone, choose "INSTALL ANYWAY"

- Reboot to system and install the Magisk Manager app and you will see Magisk succesfully installed

To flash recovery

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

DOWNLOADS
- Latest Magisk
- Recovery.img

Credits
The attatched recovery.img for those wondering is pulled directly from the latest version of crDroid ROM by firebird11.
Full credits to the Magisk team as well of course we appreciate you.

DISCLAIMER
I tested this after using MSM tool back to stock T-Mobile firmware, taking the OTA to OOS11, then preceding with these steps. I can 100% guarantee this works on the T-Mobile Oneplus 8 5G. However due to the simpleness of this method, and the fact it doesn't use a boot.img from specific devices, and instead uses the universal Magisk.zip, I would imaging this works just fine on other variants, and probably even the OP8PRO and OP8T. Of you have a non T-Mobile variant, feel free to test this method and comment your success below so I can update the thread for other users.
hey . im currently on T mobile oneplus 8 android 11 build number 11.0.4.6 IN55CB .. can i directly flash recovery after unlocking bootloader? is it necessary to downgrade via msm?

skleveno

May 24, 2017
Thinking about the process. Have the TMobile In2017 running 11.0.5.7.in55cb. I have my unlock.bin but haven't unlocked the bootloader yet. If I unlock the bootloader, that will wipe everything, so right after that if I your instructions, will I be able to install a custom ROM? Just trying to figure this out as I know I have to unlock the bootloader to do this. Trying to figure out the steps

FoxyDrew

Aug 18, 2014
East Taunton
Thinking about the process. Have the TMobile In2017 running 11.0.5.7.in55cb. I have my unlock.bin but haven't unlocked the bootloader yet. If I unlock the bootloader, that will wipe everything, so right after that if I your instructions, will I be able to install a custom ROM? Just trying to figure this out as I know I have to unlock the bootloader to do this. Trying to figure out the steps
This guide has nothing to do with flashing custom ROMs, and you do NOT need to root, or use Magisk/this guide to install a custom ROM.

I would explain how to flash a ROM here but thats very off topic and there's a dozen guides, including one in most ROM posts. Google is your friend. DM me if you really can't figure it out.

Top Liked Posts