How To Guide [GUIDE][ROOT][MAGISK] How to Root Nord 2T with Magisk without TWRP

Search This thread

sahar540

Nov 25, 2016
Thanks a lot for this, much appreciated!
Given that I have a CPH2399_11_A.07 Build - what would be the safest and right process for rooting?

r-ichard

Aug 31, 2022
Firstly ! Thanks a lot for this guide, it worked fine for me (CPH2399_11_A.11) .
Nevertheless, today I got notified that there is an update for my device and (carelessly) did it. So I got a boot loop constantly booting to recovery mode... I had to wipe data (format) to get my device back on working again.
I tried to do the update after data wipe and format but it failed back to bootloop again.

So here a few questions :

Is there any way to do this update and keep root ?
Is there any way to update and reroot ? (even if it implies wiping all my data again)

garylawwd

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Firstly ! Thanks a lot for this guide, it worked fine for me (CPH2399_11_A.11) .
Nevertheless, today I got notified that there is an update for my device and (carelessly) did it. So I got a boot loop constantly booting to recovery mode... I had to wipe data (format) to get my device back on working again.
I tried to do the update after data wipe and format but it failed back to bootloop again.

So here a few questions :

Is there any way to do this update and keep root ?
Is there any way to update and reroot ? (even if it implies wiping all my data again)
Sorry to hear this. My device just updated as normal with root gone and I was just able to flash the new patched.img afterwards.
You didn't flash magisk to both slots by any chance?
Or did you do some system modifications with Magisk?

r-ichard

Aug 31, 2022
Sorry to hear this. My device just updated as normal with root gone and I was just able to flash the new patched.img afterwards.
You didn't flash magisk to both slots by any chance?
Or did you do some system modifications with Magisk?
Actually, I think it's my mistake, at some point I tried the "One Plus Nord 2" rooting with twrp and flashed the vbmeta.img ... before realizing it didn't match my build number. Anyway, I bricked my phone trying to lock fastboot atm. I'm trying to fix it back to stock, but it goes out of the scope of this thread.

Photubias

Sep 20, 2022
Hi,
I think I bricked my Android 12 version of the CPH2399. Would there be any stock rom's available yet please?
Thanks in advance.

Photubias

Sep 20, 2022
Ok, thanks, wasn't aware this was an option.
Thank you for teaching me.
64257f3e260045d1b28b8ddadeffce1d.zip is downloading now via my Xiaomi device :)

Reactions: garylawwd

flel

Mar 2, 2011
Berlin
Thanks for the guide, I have three questions:
1. Are OTAs still possible?
2. Is it necessary to repeat the process after an update?
3. Can someone please explain the slot issue?

Alex_Lema

Mar 27, 2011
OnePlus Nord 2T
Thanks for the guide, I have three questions:
1. Are OTAs still possible?
2. Is it necessary to repeat the process after an update?
3. Can someone please explain the slot issue?
1 - Not sure, but in other OnePlus terminals, they never were. You had to update manually.
Actually...
2 - Yes, obviously. That's why it's not a good idea to let the terminal update automatically (even if it's possible, what I'm not sure it is).

ClumsyHumane

Oct 11, 2022
Hi, how do I unroot and Relock the bootloader again? I followed your procedure and it worked however I want to revert the changes, thanks in advance

PattasuBalu

Dec 4, 2020
download the stock boot image of the version you are currently using and reboot to bootloader and flash it by using fastboot flash boot boot.img

Last edited:

Osama Amrriso

Oct 29, 2022
Stock boot for Global CPH2399_11_A.16 added to OP

My device is OnePlus Nord 2T EU. I bought the device 19days ago. I am experiencing battery leakage when not using the device Every 15 to 20 minutes, the battery drops to 1%. If I leave the device for more than 5 or 6 hours while I sleep, the battery drops 13% to 16%. There is nothing running in the background.If using the device, the battery drains severely. My device was Redmi Note 10 Pro. It has been working on 120Hz for over 6 hours, but on OnePlus it works on 60Hz and I turn everything off and the battery only works for 4 hours

Note 1 : I do not play any games on it I only bought for some calls and I use social networking sites I sure the problem is caused by system updates..

Note 2 : There are a lot of people complaining in Oneplus community about October cph2399_11_A.16 update, which is the reason for a battery draining problem. I updated this after I bought the device. Is there a solution to get back the old version of Build and install it on the device ?

r-ichard

Aug 31, 2022
Hi everyone ! After updating and patching CPH2399_11_A.15 when I reboot after flashing boot my wifi, bluetooth, hotspot won't turn on (it shuts down every time I try to turn it on). Do you experience something similar ? If so do you have a fix in mind ?

Ps : If I flash stock img back to boot everything gets back to normal. I believe flashing boot wipes some drivers.

rokkdroid

Oct 23, 2011
I had the same problem with A.15. Wifi just would not work anymore.
As I bricked my device and received an exchange device, I don't know if the problem still exists on A.16.

Reactions: r-ichard

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone hope you are all keeping well.

Since there isn't a TWRP Recovery for Nord 2T (yet) and

Since I believe that many of you don't know about this, I've decided to share the steps I've done in order to root the Nord 2T.

I cannot be responsible if you brick your device. Your phone, your choices, your responsibility!

1 - Unlock the bootloader (if you haven't done it already...beware that this will erase all of your user data). To do so, you must:

• Enable developer options
    • Enable the "OEM unlocking" option
    • Enable USB debugging
    • Have both adb and fastboot, from SDK Platform Tools available on your PC
    • Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable and run the following commands:

Code:
    adb devices

(just to make sure that your phone is, in fact, recognized by your PC and that you're able to run adb commands)

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

(so your phone will reboot into fastboot mode)

Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock

(device should now unlock)

Code:
    fastboot reboot

(device reboots with an unlocked bootloader and data partition wiped so set up the device from scratch again)

2 - Download Nord2T stock boot.img that you may find later on this post, that matches your current build.
    • Copy the boot.img to your devices internal memory
    • Leave a copy of it on your PC (on the same folder you have adb and fastboot...you never know if you will need to use it again in the future...to restore the stock boot.img, aka revert to stock...)

Stock boot CPH2399_11_A.07 (did not extract it and can't find the firmware file to be able to download and extract, if someone could please upload a link to it on this thread I would sincerely appreciate it)

Stock Boot CPH2399_11_A.09

Stock Boot CPH2399_11_A.11

Stock Boot CPH2399_11_A.14

Stock Boot CPH2399_11_A.15

Stock Boot CPH2399_11_A.16

3 - Download latest Magisk Manager from HERE and install it on your phone

4 - Open Magisk Manager App and press:
    • Install
    • Select and Patch a File
    • Browse to the path where you saved stock boot.img and select it
    Magisk Manager will now patch the boot image and store it in [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.img

5 - Copy the patched boot image from your device to your PC (Store it on the same folder where you have adb and fastboot)

6 - Flash the patched boot image to your phone by running these commands (remember, you must have patched boot image on the same folder you have adb and fastboot and, of course, your device must be connected to your PC...)

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    7 - After the phone boots up, hopefully with a normal boot (almost feels like nothing happened....), install/open Magisk Manager App again and watch Magisk doing it's magic!

8 - Enjoy!

All credits goes to topjohnwu and his incredible work with Magisk.
    I was wondering... How can I extract the boot.img by myself without relying upon anyone? With the oxygen updater app I've the full firmware (~4 GB), would that be useful to extract the boot.img?
    By using THIS software. I will always update this thread with the latest boot.img files in the future but this is the software I used
    Stock boot for Global CPH2399_11_A.15 added to OP
    Stock Global boot CPH2399_11_A.11 added to OP. Sorry for the delay, only received the update today (y)
    Stock boot for Indian CPH2401_11_A.14 added to OP