DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE.
Also, Please note Unlocking bootloader will wipe your data, so make sure to backup your important data.
This guide can aslo be followed to root OnePlus ACE just make sure to use OnePlus ACE's boot.img.
- You have the latest adb, fastboot, Oneplus & MediaTek drivers installed.
- You have the latest platform tools.
STEP #1 - UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER
1. Download Platform Tools, extract it in C drive.
2. Enable OEM Unlocking & UBB debugging from developers' options.
3. Connect your device to PC, and open cmd in the platform tools folder by typing cmd in the address bar.
4. Run the following command and approve USB debugging prompt on your device. [If you are not getting an output then update your adb drivers]
5. Run the below command to boot your phone into fastboot mode. After running the command you'll see a black screen with fastboot mode written in very small font.
6. Run the below command to check if your device is getting detected in fastboot mode or not.
[If the command is not giving any output/ is waiting for device then you need to update your fastboot drivers]
7. Run the below command to unlock the bootloader. [I know it's not 'fastboot oem unlock']
8. Run the below command to reboot your device after unlocking
9. Setup the device and perform the above Step2 again.
STEP #2 - EXTRACTING BOOT.IMG
10. I have written the steps to extract the boot.img in the below xda thread. Its always recommended to extract boot.img yourself.
[10R Only] Find already extracted boot.img here:
Or follow this below guide to extract it yourself:
For 10R only: I have uploaded a few of the extracted boot.img, before extracting if you want you can look for the required boot.img here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kyn2p5mhde7nn/boot.img 1. Download and extract payload-dumper-go. 2...forum.xda-developers.com
STEP #3 - PATCHING THE BOOT.IMG
11. Install lastest Magisk manage apk(V24 or above) and transfer the extracted boot.img into your device's internal storage.
12. Launch the Magisk Manager app and tap on the Install button next to the “Magisk is not installed” message.
13. In the next popup that appears, tap on Install followed by Select and Patch a File.
14. Now browse to the stock boot.img file and select it.
15. Magisk will now begin patching the file, which should take a few seconds only. Once that is done, you should get an “All Done” message.
16. Once that is done, head over to the Downloads folder and you should see the magisk_patched.img file.
STEP #4 - FLASHING PATCHED BOOT.IMG
17. Transfer the magisk_patched.img to the platform-tools folder on your PC.
18. Again, reboot the phone to fastboot mode and run the following command to flash the patched boot img -
If the above command is not working, execute following commands:
19. Reboot the device and check the status on the Magisk manager app.
20. Done. Cheers!!!