[Guide] ROOT OP8T OOS (A13)

Search This thread

rex_vitis

Jul 28, 2016
Oh wow, that's sad to hear, I fixed my problems by simply reinstalling the OTA update KB2003_11_F.15 through the local update function.
I am now without root again but at least the phone is up-to-date, works and I got to keep my files.
Now I have to find out how to root the phone without breaking wifi and sound.
Well, I was tempted to go to F15 again after restoring to see if it would work, but I was too angry to do so. Also, it seems they pulled the udpate anyway. My phone is no longer offering to go from F13 to F15. I`ll wait for the next update.

fred-cbr

Jan 26, 2023
Hi all, I bought a second hand one plus 8T which is up to date, model KB2003, OxygenOS 13. I would like to root it. I had a oneplus 5T before that I had rooted but on the 8T the method looks different and I can't really find a recent tuto. Can you help me?

Unfortunately, I haven't. My phone was rendered entirely useless. I patched F15 stock boot image to see if that fixed the problem, but it did not. My only option was a complete restore. Resetting the phone did not help, so I went back to A11 with MSM Tool and then updated to F13. A tedious process, really..

I faced the same problem with my wifi not working after flashing F15 so had to go through the whole process of MSM-ing again.

Any newer patched F15 IMG file available?

-DiMs-

Feb 27, 2015
Same for me... Wifi not working. I had to re-install F.15 update through Local update to go back to stock boot.img

Ok I fixed my problem: I was trying to flash your patched boot image but you are using KB2005 and I'm using KB2003...

Attached my patched boot image for KB2003 running F.15 (and the stock one).

Reactions: hightech316

hightech316

Jan 27, 2011
github.com
OnePlus 8T
Can you please repost stock boot image for 11.f.13?

I need to revert back from root on my OnePlus 8t global edition.

I'm having a hard time accessing your Google drive, it times out I tried it on several devices...

Thank you for this thread!

Reactions: BobbyLynn

hightech316

Jan 27, 2011
github.com
OnePlus 8T
Here's the patched boot.img for OnePlus 8T Android 13 KB2005_11_F.13 and F.15

Bootloader must be unlocked

(Have the img on your PC)

Instructions:
1: Reboot to bootloader "adb reboot bootloader"

2: Run CMD "fastboot flash boot" ~name of img~
Profit!

You're now rooted.
I've also attached the stock boot.img just in case anyone wants it.

Having issues access your drive with the stock boot image

Top Liked Posts